By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Rumour) Rise of the Tomb Raider sells less than 200k in November (U.S.)

walsufnir said:
The game deserves much better sales. People who played the game mostly say it is a very, very good game, even better than TR2013 but as we know since last gen, it doesn't need good games to achieve high sales and a good game doesn't mean high sales.

Just poor taste of xbox gamers keeping the sales tho, Id snap this up in a heartbeat if it was on any  platform i own.

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:
The game deserves much better sales. People who played the game mostly say it is a very, very good game, even better than TR2013 but as we know since last gen, it doesn't need good games to achieve high sales and a good game doesn't mean high sales.

Just poor taste of xbox gamers keeping the sales tho, Id snap this up in a heartbeat if it was on any  platform i own.

Yes, on to general comments about a fanbase which consists of millions of gamers.

walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:

Yes, on to general comments about a fanbase which consists of millions of gamers.

Yes that was clearly a genralization, but the vast majority of xbox gamers have clearly decided its not worth buying. Those sales numbers are not a generalization. 

Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:

Yes that was clearly a genralization, but the vast majority of xbox gamers have clearly decided its not worth buying. Those sales numbers are not a generalization. 

There are no games a majority of gamers buy. Not at all, perhaps besides COD. Look at the attach rates of any modern games. Even the highly praised ones like Bloodborne don't even reach 10% of the user base. So you could say the vast majority of PS games have clearly decided it's not worth buying.

Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:

Forgot to mention but, the vast majority of gamers will play it for free at some point...

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:
Xenostar said:

Forgot to mention but, the vast majority of gamers will play it for free at some point...

how?

walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:

There are no games a majority of gamers buy. Not at all, perhaps besides COD. Look at the attach rates of any modern games. Even the highly praised ones like Bloodborne don't even reach 10% of the user base. So you could say the vast majority of PS games have clearly decided it's not worth buying.

yeah i understand that, so are you saying the attach rate for Tomb Raider is of a normal level, for an exclusive well rated game?

Xenostar said:
AsGryffynn said:

how?

Games with Gold. At the rate it goes, they'll eventually cycle through the whole inventory...

Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:

Or we're broke?

Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:

yeah i understand that, so are you saying the attach rate for Tomb Raider is of a normal level, for an exclusive well rated game?

No, I am saying that you generalized and I replied with the words you used. Did it sell bad? Yes. Doesn't make your choice of words any better as we can see.