By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: PS4 will blow away the XB1 with better games in 2016

All these opinion threads about how PS4 has so many games and X1 does not, just reeks of low self esteem. You are fans of a great console, there is no need to put down on other consoles this way, because it doesn't make your console of choice any better or worse. All I get from a thread like this is that some PS4 fans haven't been happy with the year so far for the playstation and needs to lash out at other consoles to feel better.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I haven't even seen any fanboys say "PS has no games in quite a while". Maybe I'm just not paying attention.

I've not seen much of it on VGC in a while (though a few users still seem to insist the PS4 has no AAA exclusives, only indies), but in places like YouTube 'ps has no gaemz' is still going strong :p

Oh that would explain it, I never look at Youtube comments xD

Puppyroach said:
All these opinion threads about how PS4 has so many games and X1 does not, just reeks of low self esteem. You are fans of a great console, there is no need to put down on other consoles this way, because it doesn't make your console of choice any better or worse. All I get from a thread like this is that some PS4 fans haven't been happy with the year so far for the playstation and needs to lash out at other consoles to feel better.

I kinda agree with you.

It's called contingent self-esteem. Just had an exam on it today lol 

http://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/ego-involvement

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contingent_self-esteem

It will always comes down to taste and opinion. The reality is that both companies will provide a decent amount of games next year and I will be lying if I say I'm not interested in any MS exclusives coming up next year. That said, I'm more excited for the sony exclusives coming up soon but that's just me.

Puppyroach said:

You can cut deep sometimes. How did you know?

I'm self harming right now with a broken PS4 disc.

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:

You're overthinking this.

I see it as just speculation for next year. We all know the ps4 is winning, but that's not the point of this thread. The point of this thread is to speculate about next year's lineup for both consoles. 

The poster said so himself, the point isn't to start a war, it's just to discuss. These discussions are the point of forums.

No need to make a pointless generalization about how ps4 fans feel

It's just personal opinion, what matters is if you feel you're getting good value for the $.

It's nice that the systems are so cheap this gen. Makes owning both or all three (four if you count PC lol) a little more feasible to not miss anything great. PS+ online play paywall makes it a bit tougher on the 2nd place console though, as fewer people will want to pay double subscriptions vs. last gen when a lot of folks had PS3 as their 2nd console.

What will be interesting to me is seeing some people's minds blown when X1 falls behind 360 LTD sales tracking. I know it's obvious to most people that truly follow sales, but a legitimately shocking number of people still think that X1 being ahead of the 360 in the early part of this gen is indicative of that continuing indefinitely. It appears that 2014 might well be the peak year for X1 in the US unless Nov/Dec sales are really strong, and of course 2016 will probably dip below 2015 levels. On the flipside, 360 kept gaining in strength over the gen, with a huge boost later on with Kinect hype. I know a number of people who bought multiple 360s as well, dropping the earlier fat/hot models for the slims due to RROD, dvd drive issues, hdd space issues, or a combination thereof, and that's unlikely to be the case to nearly the same extent this gen.

It doesn't mean X1 is a failure necessarily, it's all a matter of perspective. Play what you like, there really is no wrong opinion unless you try to force yours on others.

SWORDF1SH said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
ITT I learned that of you aren't impressed with the PS4 lineup over other systems so far or think there isn't a killer app must have in the library for you, you're just a victim of "MS brainwashing" and not a logical person making a personal opinion.

themoreyouknow.jpg

I'm glad you agree.

I didnt say I agree, because thats incredibly stupid :)

LudicrousSpeed said:
SWORDF1SH said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
ITT I learned that of you aren't impressed with the PS4 lineup over other systems so far or think there isn't a killer app must have in the library for you, you're just a victim of "MS brainwashing" and not a logical person making a personal opinion.

themoreyouknow.jpg

I'm glad you agree.

I didnt say I agree, because thats incredibly stupid :)

The words are clear, you agree. So I disagree to you disagreeing.

Sony's first party output really hasn't been that impressive to me, so I hope they can change that in the coming years.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC