By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: PS4 will blow away the XB1 with better games in 2016

Puppyroach said:
All these opinion threads about how PS4 has so many games and X1 does not, just reeks of low self esteem. You are fans of a great console, there is no need to put down on other consoles this way, because it doesn't make your console of choice any better or worse. All I get from a thread like this is that some PS4 fans haven't been happy with the year so far for the playstation and needs to lash out at other consoles to feel better.

How'd you read in between the lines like that???😆😂

Around the Network
TheSting said:
Puppyroach said:
All these opinion threads about how PS4 has so many games and X1 does not, just reeks of low self esteem. You are fans of a great console, there is no need to put down on other consoles this way, because it doesn't make your console of choice any better or worse. All I get from a thread like this is that some PS4 fans haven't been happy with the year so far for the playstation and needs to lash out at other consoles to feel better.

How'd you read in between the lines like that???😆😂

I just love how ironic his post is, gave me a chuckle :D

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/262411/microsoft-has-unannounced-xbox-one-titles-for-2016/

Ali_16x said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I haven't even seen any fanboys say "PS has no games in quite a while". Maybe I'm just not paying attention.

Lol I just saw one a week ago on this forum, a known Xbox fan. The things he said, my god, he just donwplayed all the games for the PS4 coming in 2016. Remasters, not AAA, indies, "Go buy a Apple TV" lol.

Seriously? XD

It would take quite a talent to downplay PS exclusives in 2016. I think most PS fans would be able to find something interesting.

Besides these games I don't see what else would make one buy a PS4. Maybe the downplayers are just not meant to ever become PS4 owners.

2016 retail exclusives:
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Gran Turismo: Sport
Street Fighter V
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Persona 5
Ratchet and Clank
Dreams
The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 2
Gravity Rush Remaster
The King of Fighters XIV
Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator
Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps
Valkyria of the Blue Revolution
Valkyria Chronicles Remake
Yakuza 6
Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
World of Final Fantasy
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Dragon Quest XI
Dragon Quest Heroes 2
Dragon Quest Builders
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
NieR: Automata
Star Ocean 5
Project Setsuna
Tales of Berseria
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders
Ni-Oh
Attack on Titan
Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book
Nights of Azure
Ys 8
Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky
Hyperdimension Neptunia VII
Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force
Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition
etc.

TBD retail exclusives:
Detroit: Become Human
Shenmue 3
Final Fantasy VII Remake

2016 digital exclusives:
No Man's Sky
Hellblade
Wild
Rime
Drawn to Death
The Witness
Kill Strain
What Remains of Edith Finch
The Tomorrow Children
Amplitude
Shadow of the Beast
Guns Up!
Alienation
Wattam
Fat Princess: Adventures
etc.

TBD PSVR:
Ace Combat 7
Adrift
Allison Road
ARK: Survival Evolved
Battlezone
Dreams
Driveclub VR
Eagle Flight
EVE: Valkyrie
Final Fantasy XIV
Golem
Gran Turismo Sport
London Heist: The Getaway
No Man's Sky (rumored)
Project CARS VR
RIGS: Mechanized Combat
Robinson: The Journey
Tekken 7
Trackmania Turbo
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
etc.

OT: It's always a matter of opinion and taste in games. Personally I prefer the 2016 lineup on PS4 but no one wants a community swarmed with highly subjective threads..

Unless if it's from Pachter of course. Everybody cares about his opinion.

Absolutely! 2016 is when the X1 gets buried.

Sony gave MS a Pyrrhic victory during Black Friday in 2014, then they won this year by simply matching X1's bundles. Next year it will be a bloodbath - anyone that was going to buy an X1, already did.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network

etc? really lol

Legacy said:
etc? really lol

That's the talent I'm talking about.

Great argument btw XD

It's probably a fact. If it's outselling it easily without many exclusives... imagine when it actually get some heavy hitters like Uncharted and Street Fighter. 2016 may be the PS4's peak year as well with an incredible amount of JRPGs, third parties and exclusives releasing on it.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Perhaps You're right. ... Ordinarily, bold statements like this don't appeal to me because it comes over a little harsh but there is truth here I think. The no game narrative has been replaced by the first party argument but next year that will be wiped too. At the moment the game count doesn't really matter. To be honest, it never really did because it was only ever a counter to the ridiculous claims of the vocal minority. Over the course of next year we're going to see an even bigger shift towards the PS4 (IMO). Everything will hinge on Sony releasing a plethora of first party games and I have no doubt in 2016 they will. Some may disagree but that's fine because it's only my opinion.

The PS5 Exists. 

SWORDF1SH said:

To be honest, the PS4 has been stellar since launch and if it wasn't for MS PR brainwashing, we wouldn't be hearing this "PS4 has no gamez" nonsense. Right now the PS4 has a good amount of games by normal standards, but maybe a little quiet by PlatStation standards. Ok, PlayStation fans may have the right to complain a little because they are used to a high standard but most of the complaining seems to come from "other" fans that probably do not own a PlayStation and never will.

Look I'm not trying to start a fanboy war but we must remember that if Sony studios are a little quiet by their standards, that just means that the slight recession in 1st party games will be counteracted by more games at a later date. Looking at both release schedules for the PS4 and XB1 in 2016, the PS4 edges it with exclusives and I can only see more Sony studios due to release a game soon so if they both do announce more games for 2016, I can only see the PS4 expanding its list more.

In sort, the PS4 has more fire power when it comes to first party studios so if it just had a "bad" year, then that just means more games at a later date. Now before we hear people shouting off, the Xbox will get good games but not just as good as PS4. Going by past track records the PS4 will always come out on top when it comes to games, discuss!

I fully agree with you, the Ps4 line of games is simply better than the xbox one line (which is a solid line, but pales compared to the games on PS4)

but hey ... there are guys who still think xbox have a better line of games, like this guy here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4a7GNMiZzw