By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Minecraft officially announced for Wii U

midrange said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I could totally see Minecraft 2 being an Xbox exclusive. It's the one game, imo, that would bring that console brand back from the dead. 

Lol, the xbox console brand is not dead. With or without minecraft 2, the xbox brand is still strong enough to stay alive.

Likewise, Minecraft has more potential in working on other platforms. This is an IP that could really rival the likes of mario, pokemon, gta, or cod in sales. The last thing microsoft would want to do is limit its possibilities for growth.

If it could rivial the likes of those games, why would you NOT want to make it console exclusive? Kids would be forced into buying Xbox Ones. lol

Around the Network

Unless they are doing wondrous things with the gamepad $30 is a rip off.

AlfredoTurkey said:
midrange said:

Lol, the xbox console brand is not dead. With or without minecraft 2, the xbox brand is still strong enough to stay alive.

Likewise, Minecraft has more potential in working on other platforms. This is an IP that could really rival the likes of mario, pokemon, gta, or cod in sales. The last thing microsoft would want to do is limit its possibilities for growth.

If it could rivial the likes of those games, why would you NOT want to make it console exclusive? Kids would be forced into buying Xbox Ones. lol

Except it wouldn't force people to buy an Xbox. Instead it would prevent more people from getting minecraft. This is the reason why call of duty sells over 20 million per game despite being annualized, and why mario kart 8 sells over 5 million. Call of duty has no restrictions and generates a ton of profit. If mario kart wasn't an exclusive, it would also be doing cod-like numbers each time, but because it is tied down to an unproven console, the potential for the IP is severely brought down.

I might double dip if the touchscreen improves the experience. Is it even confirmed to have touch-screen?

Protendo said:

I might double dip if the touchscreen improves the experience. Is it even confirmed to have touch-screen?

I think so since they have off-TV play...

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
OneKartVita said:

I've named 5 titles that are currently selling OK to well. 

No other old titles are selling well currently. They may have sold well in the past but not now which proves the point they need price cuts.  

Is not about the total number of sales, is about how much they grow with time, they all keep growing without a price cut so they dont need a price cut. Is their model and it has always worked like that, they will eventually get cheaper, but they grow anyways so until they lose all their potential for sales they are gonna keep a very similar price.  And the old games of that list are still selling, SM3DWorld is from 2013 and has sold like 700k this year, and it will be more once the holidays are over. The only one that is getting something similar to a price cut is NSMBU that now comes together with NSMLU for the price of 1. That's it. And is mostly because NSMBU is the oldest game of the console.

Again you're wrong because they don't all keep growing.  There are many wii u games that sell barely nothing over time or not and they're still expensive.  Fact is there's no excuse.  If the fans want to defend it and not show Nintendo a backlash they will never change.  

That's the huge news?

cycycychris said:
curl-6 said:
Long overdue, and overpriced to boot. What exactly is the incentive to buy this for Wii U when it's available on just about every other platform for less?

Also, in my humble opinion, one of the most overrated games in history.

I would say that it could be the Nintendo exclusive content coming to this game. But the content is probably going to be behind a bunch of $13 paywalls.

Hehe...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

OneKartVita said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Is not about the total number of sales, is about how much they grow with time, they all keep growing without a price cut so they dont need a price cut. Is their model and it has always worked like that, they will eventually get cheaper, but they grow anyways so until they lose all their potential for sales they are gonna keep a very similar price.  And the old games of that list are still selling, SM3DWorld is from 2013 and has sold like 700k this year, and it will be more once the holidays are over. The only one that is getting something similar to a price cut is NSMBU that now comes together with NSMLU for the price of 1. That's it. And is mostly because NSMBU is the oldest game of the console.

Again you're wrong because they don't all keep growing.  There are many wii u games that sell barely nothing over time or not and they're still expensive.  Fact is there's no excuse.  If the fans want to defend it and not show Nintendo a backlash they will never change.  

AGH

Most of thenm KEEP GROWING, how many more fucking evidences do you need? My God... Nintendo legs have alway been famous for a reason, ALWAYS.

Yes you want people to stop buying their games just because they dont get cheaper with time, sure that would be super effective. Let´s make Nintendo go Bankrupt so they will learn to change a model they have always used and it has always worked.

Goodnightmoon said:
OneKartVita said:

AGH

Most of thenm KEEP GROWING, how many more fucking evidences do you need? My God... Nintendo legs have alway been famous for a reason, ALWAYS.

Yes you want people to stop buying their games just because they dont get cheaper with time, sure that would be super effective. Let´s make Nintendo go Bankrupt so they will learn to change a model they have always used and it has always worked.

The last of us has had better legs than most wii u games yet it's cheap now.  If that was on the Wii U with less legs it would be more expensive.  

The fact is the consumer is getting the short straw and the longer it's defended the longer it continues.