By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So playing Bloodborne finally and..

AlfredoTurkey said:
I too just started playing it. It's brilliant in every way except the grinding. Mother fucking GRINDING is the bane of my entire soul. I hate it and I have no idea why anyone, anywhere, would want to do the same thing over and over and over again... ugh.

Then why grind? You can realistically beat the game just going through it, and any grinding that DOES happen can be attributed to level memorization. did you consider it grinding to go back and replay old Mario levels? Naw, it was you learning the levels and how to best them.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Congrats! Gascoigne took me about a dozen or so tries. Hardest fight for me in the entire game.

Took him out on my 2nd attempt in New Game + though!

Runa216 said:
Why is everyone telling him it gets harder? I genuinely found the first few bosses (Gascoine, and Blood Starved Beast being the two major culprits) were the hardest. Mostly because I was getting used to the controls, the way the game played, and other stuff.

Don't get me wrong, shit was hard all the way through but the beginning was hardest because I never beat a Souls game before.

As for the story, it's mostly relegated to the background. It's all there (and it's insanely deep), but you could play the entire game without catching onto about 95% of the story. it's all incredibly subtle storytelling.

Gehrman wrecks Gascoigne. Ebrietas ruined my life. Orphan of Kos made me question myself as a person. Otherwise, yeah, mostly just Souls-difficult all the way through.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

I'm really debating purchasing the DLC. On one hand, it's $20 and I already have a ton of other games to play...

On the other hand, dat bow...

Runa216 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
I too just started playing it. It's brilliant in every way except the grinding. Mother fucking GRINDING is the bane of my entire soul. I hate it and I have no idea why anyone, anywhere, would want to do the same thing over and over and over again... ugh.

Then why grind? You can realistically beat the game just going through it, and any grinding that DOES happen can be attributed to level memorization. did you consider it grinding to go back and replay old Mario levels? Naw, it was you learning the levels and how to best them.

The design of the game almost forces the person to grind. Why? Because in a normal game, when you kill an enemy, you keep the damn experience points. They don't go away... they're yours, because you EARNED them. In THIS game, you don't earn shit unless you can traverse miles of fucking beasts and villagers, and safely make it back to the Hunters Dream. If you don't? You're fucked... and guess what? Die trying to get all those experiences points back? They're gone. 

It's ridiculous.

Around the Network
Muffin31190 said:
Oh don't you worry that difficulty will shoot right on up, those first bosses are cake compared to the rest of them.

Yup

Yeah don't underestimate the game based on tutorial island lol. 

Talk to us when you hear Vicar Amelia and Blood starved beast on the 2nd time. 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

DakonBlackblade said:
Mystro-Sama said:

About the same for me. I'm on Vicar Amelia right now.

If you havent done Old Yarnam and/or Hemick Charnel lane yet, I advise you do it, otherwise Amelia will be a real pain in the behind, she is not realy the 3r boss, shes like the 5th.

Oh, I always figured she was the third. Didn't know I should have done Old Yharnam first. Thanks man.

Mystro-Sama said:
DakonBlackblade said:

If you havent done Old Yarnam and/or Hemick Charnel lane yet, I advise you do it, otherwise Amelia will be a real pain in the behind, she is not realy the 3r boss, shes like the 5th.

Oh, I always figured she was the third. Didn't know I should have done Old Yharnam first. Thanks man.

Her HP is kinda super high to be dealt with non properly upgraded weapons, it is possible but it feels like youre hitting her with a stick and takes forever.

LMU Uncle Alfred said:

Found an easy way to get Gascoigne trapped until the last few bits when he transforms.

That may not saying it will, bite you in the end. The boss was dilebratly designed to teach players to parry which plays a pretty big roll through out the game. Good job with beating them in so few trys though.

Azuren said:
Runa216 said:
Why is everyone telling him it gets harder? I genuinely found the first few bosses (Gascoine, and Blood Starved Beast being the two major culprits) were the hardest. Mostly because I was getting used to the controls, the way the game played, and other stuff.

Don't get me wrong, shit was hard all the way through but the beginning was hardest because I never beat a Souls game before.

As for the story, it's mostly relegated to the background. It's all there (and it's insanely deep), but you could play the entire game without catching onto about 95% of the story. it's all incredibly subtle storytelling.

Gehrman wrecks Gascoigne. Ebrietas ruined my life. Orphan of Kos made me question myself as a person. Otherwise, yeah, mostly just Souls-difficult all the way through.

Oh, I was only facroting main quest bosses.  I agree Ebriatas wrecked me, but I don't remember who Orphan of Kos is.  I did get platinimum on the game, though.  Was that a chalise dungeon boss? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android