By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So playing Bloodborne finally and..

method114 said:
Can't wait to try this game out. How's the story in you opinion. Always wish DS had more of a story to it.

The games actually have pretty deep stories, you need to look for it though. The game doesn't spoon feed you the story. All characters you have to have deep lore to them, and they're very interconnected, which creates a very rich history in every game. My friend defines it as the game having an optional story, which is a very good way to put it. 

Around the Network
LMU Uncle Alfred said:

I gotta say that I feel very proud right now.  I beat both the Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne on my second try.  Found an easy way to get Gascoigne trapped until the last few bits when he transforms.

The game is definitely easier than DS1, mostly because at least so far there aren't bosses with weird/obscure logic to make the fights easier...unless Gasoigne counts.  Seems like my knowledge of the Ornstein and Smough fight really paid off there.  If you're fighting a boss or an enemy that's  very dangerous, always see if you can use your surroundings to play merry go round.

Anybody else have such luck?

As someone with a ton of experience with the Souls games I would say that Bloodborne is overall harder than any of the DS games. DS is all about getting patterns down and once you do that they are soooooo easy. Not quite true for Bloodborne

rolltide101x said:
LMU Uncle Alfred said:

I gotta say that I feel very proud right now.  I beat both the Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne on my second try.  Found an easy way to get Gascoigne trapped until the last few bits when he transforms.

The game is definitely easier than DS1, mostly because at least so far there aren't bosses with weird/obscure logic to make the fights easier...unless Gasoigne counts.  Seems like my knowledge of the Ornstein and Smough fight really paid off there.  If you're fighting a boss or an enemy that's  very dangerous, always see if you can use your surroundings to play merry go round.

Anybody else have such luck?

As someone with a ton of experience with the Souls games I would say that Bloodborne is overall harder than any of the DS games. DS is all about getting patterns down and once you do that they are soooooo easy. Not quite true for Bloodborne

Gotta disagree with that.  There were a quite a few bosses that required you to know certain things ahead of time in DS.  Ceaselss Discharge or Seth for instance have some obscure methods for killing them.  For Seth you have to stay very close to him at certain parts to avoid massive damage.  For the first boss you aren't even supposed to keep your distance.  It's to your advantage to stay as close as possible and dodge when necessary.  Who would do that though instinctively?

I'm in Old Yarnham right now.  Last place died I got to the top of the tower before the gatling gun dude decided to shoot blunderbuss rounds.  Funny thing, this one guy that attacked me right before the tower, he kept attacking the fire in the middle of this platform and receiving damage. I was waiting to see if he would kill himself because of that, but oh well. :D

Lube Me Up