By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So playing Bloodborne finally and..

method114 said:
Can't wait to try this game out. How's the story in you opinion. Always wish DS had more of a story to it.

It's more of an atmospheric kind of game based on art style, sounds and surprises.  Very gothic and old school traditional horror bloody fun time run on sentence.

Lube Me Up

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
It looks like I have you beat! I pwned the Cleric Beast on my first attempt and Father G on my 2nd (but I was really cheap with Gascoigne, hiding behind the gravestones and blunting XD) Not too bad considering it's my first ever Souls game!

You absolutely need to get the expansion. It has the 2 hardest and best boss fights in the game imo.

I most likely will.  I don't have much time to play games right now and have quite the backlog, but I'll get around to beating BB and the DLC eventually.

I'm eyeing XCX right now, but I'll wait until I catch up with all my games to get that.

Lube Me Up

Ordered the game on amazon last week. Can't wait to play it. Looks amazing that's for sure.

"Yes sir, I need a weapon."

Jay W

I'm playing trhough it right now and well, I wouldn't call it a incredibly difficult game, just a very punishing one, I don't remember any of the bosses' names but I'm in the woods right now and the last boss I encountered was some sort of witch with a twin sister, once you find the hidden strategy to it it's pretty easy. Most bosses take me like 5 to 8 tries before I take them down, but overall, it's a decently difficult game

I'm now filled with determination.

Congrats, you finished the tutorial. :P

This game will get extremely tricky at some places, be prepared!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

I disagree with most people, i found the start the hardest maybe because BB was my first souls game but it took me 4 tries to beat Cleric, 3 for Gascoigne, 2 or 3 for Bloodstarved and then i pretty much beat the rest of the boss's without dying, except for a few which i cant remember the names.

GribbleGrunger said:
LMU Uncle Alfred said:

Figures.  Why not fight the final boss?  Spoilers if you told me?

I heard Gasciogne was one of the hardest bosses in the game. 

Because you'd then have to play the DLC in NG+ AND have to get a certain way through the game before you can play it. The DLC works with the full game as if it's actually a part of the full game adding another good 15 hours to your playthrough. Don't look up how you get to the DLC until you've beaten a certain boss after you get to Cathedral Ward. I'm not going to spoil any more for you, just buy that DLC and play the game as if it's 'now' complete. There are other areas you can miss entirely so be sure to make sure you look for those too. These misable areas are HUGE.

The DLC is suposed to be LV 60 on your first playtrough, if you play it after getting to the end of the game youll be over lv 100 and itll be a cakewalk, on NG+ onwards the DLC is just hard as fck regardless of your lv.

I dont get why ppl focus so much on bosses on the Souls series, they arent and will never be the hard part of the series, normal enemies and enviromental hazards are responsible for the vast majority of deaths in these games, bosses are milestones more than anything, just a handfull are realy hard.

John2290 said:
Cleric beast first try. Gascoine 10 trys, maybe 15

About the same for me. I'm on Vicar Amelia right now.

Mystro-Sama said:
John2290 said:
Cleric beast first try. Gascoine 10 trys, maybe 15

About the same for me. I'm on Vicar Amelia right now.

If you havent done Old Yarnam and/or Hemick Charnel lane yet, I advise you do it, otherwise Amelia will be a real pain in the behind, she is not realy the 3r boss, shes like the 5th.

method114 said:
Can't wait to try this game out. How's the story in you opinion. Always wish DS had more of a story to it.

Story and art style is my favorite out of all the souls games, but of course they dont exactly spoon feed it to you.

Id recomend watching this after you beat or are finished with the game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjWOy6ioVHI