By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Files Patent For Cloud Based Game Platforms (NX?)

Soundwave said:
CosmicSex said:

Is USB 2.0 too slow to carry HD audio and Video?

Well it is labelled as "supplemental" meaning it probably still uses some of the hardware from the primary hardware device (Base Console or HH). 

IE: It's possible for example that the "Supplemental NX" doesn't have any audio processing of any kind and all that is done by the primary device. This would require the two devices to be able to interface with each to sync everything properly very quickly. Don't think USB 2.0 can handle that. 

I'd guess in this setup the Base NX would run all OS features and that sort of thing too. 

Okay got you.  I would like to add though that the picture you posted shows the primary device attached to an external display.  I can't wait to see what they actually came up with.   Also did a little bit of research and UBS 2.0 can actually handle HD Video streams with ease.   The plot thickens.  

One more thing:  Nintendo President  Tatsumi Kimishima said in and interview with Time:

"That being said, I can assure you we’re not building the next version of Wii or Wii U. It’s something unique and different. It’s something where we have to move away from those platforms in order to make it something that will appeal to our consumer base.”

A portable handheld seems too much like the Wii U to me.

Around the Network

That's quite interesting. Maybe some NX rumors were true after all?

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I remember last year.. Nintendo told they would make games cheaper for the real fans/gamers..

That reward system seem to do some like that..

This hole patent is so "future"..

TBH if Nintendo does this ill buy the cheap system,

Random_Matt said:
Well, MSI do it in a way with their laptops, as do alienware. What about the CPU? That can't be easily be upgraded.

You made me curious. What kind of device MSI created ?

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213
Around the Network

Im reading through the comments and im like "Wow! You guys are soooo good at these theories! I can't even create one"

Well this is interesting..............

Pocky Lover Boy! 

In theory though if you bought the "expensive" system, Nintendo's reimbursements could very well pay off a large chunk (or even all) of the system cost depending on how many people use it as a server.

shenlong213 said:
Random_Matt said:
Well, MSI do it in a way with their laptops, as do alienware. What about the CPU? That can't be easily be upgraded.

You made me curious. What kind of device MSI created ?

You can buy desktop GPU's and use them on the laptop. But you would need a top i7 model though, can't imagine someone using a 980 on a i5 4210m

What a weird device. Now I'm out of ideas. So, I guess I'll get into the server theory bandwagon for now.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

So basically, it's like PlayStation.Now Apps but allowed you to purchase the games instead of a subscription right ? I really like this concept since if everything become digitally, games would be much cheaper. But i don't think the whole world is ready for this yet, im sure Sony and Microsoft thought of this before back in 2013 with the way "no physical copies, full DRM, everything become digitally" really hurt Microsoft.