By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: People is picking Amiibos in the wrong way (as collectable items)

I told you...

Agree, it's just DLC 36 39.13%

No, he is lying 19 20.65%

The world is a lie 19 20.65%

Amiibo Festival FTW 17 18.48%

Total:91
Neodegenerate said:
Pavolink said:

The problem is that people is in denial that Amiibo figurines are DLC.

The interview actually sounds to me like they want it to be DLC but it isn't DLC because people aren't using it the way they envisioned it to be.  So essentially the consumer is dictating how Nintendo puts the amiibo into the software at this point.

Again, even if people buy it for the figurine, for Nintendo, they are selling DLC and wants to be used as DLC, as the quote mentions.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure there's not really anyone out there denying the fact that they're another form of DLC. They clearly are a form of DLC, but what people are saying is that they are not using them as DLC, but instead are just collecting them. I have friends who have them who don't even have a Wii U.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

They didn't say it's wrong. They just said that they're being bought for a reason that they didn't expect.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Pavolink said:
Neodegenerate said:
Pavolink said:

The interview actually sounds to me like they want it to be DLC but it isn't DLC because people aren't using it the way they envisioned it to be.  So essentially the consumer is dictating how Nintendo puts the amiibo into the software at this point.

Again, even if people buy it for the figurine, for Nintendo, they are selling DLC and wants to be used as DLC, as the quote mentions.

But they aren't selling it as DLC because, as the guy mentions in the interview that you quoted and started a topic on yourself, they need to implement new and creative ways to use the amiibo with the software because of the way people are buying them.

And so we haven’t really established them as an enhancement for all of our software at this point.

Pavolink said:
Darwinianevolution said:
What is wrong with amiibo being bought for the figurine? Some of those are really well done, specially the cartoony ones. The money goes to Nintendo's pockets anyway, so what's the problem?

amiibo's can't be DLC because the figurines cannot be downloaded...

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:

But they aren't selling it as DLC because, as the guy mentions in the interview that you quoted and started a topic on yourself, they need to implement new and creative ways to use the amiibo with the software because of the way people are buying them.

And so we haven’t really established them as an enhancement for all of our software at this point.

They are selling as DLC, as it is in the quote.

People buy it to collect them.

Nintendo gets the idea that they are selling DLC but people is not using correctly.

They are going to look a way for people to use as DLC.

If they want to sell figurines, they can do it without any function and people will still buy. The fact that they aknowledge this and still use Amiibo, like the wolf Link amiibo, is because they still have plans for people to see as DLC.

Wow. Seriously. You make them do just about nothing but unlock costumes and you wonder why we're not buying them to play with.

If the NX doesn't LAUNCH with a traditional toys-to-life amiibo game, Nintendo is in a worse place than I could have ever dreamed.

Pavolink said:

Nintendo gets the idea that they are selling DLC but people is not using correctly.

If they want to sell figurines, they can do it without any function and people will still buy. The fact that they aknowledge this and still use Amiibo, like the wolf Link amiibo, is because they still have plans for people to see as DLC.

Yes, they want you to buy a collectible that you can use for DLC.  You make it sound like it is this evil plan when in reality it is smart business.

oh people know its DLC they just dont care.

Seriously did they really think that they would use it for that purpose?

Neodegenerate said:
Pavolink said:

Yes, they want you to buy a collectible that you can use for DLC.  You make it sound like it is this evil plan when in reality it is smart business.

Yes, all DLC is a smart bussiness.