By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Iphone-7 Headphone Jack Removal

You'd think this is a joke but I actually see it happening. People here carry external portable power supply and portable router so they don't consume the battery by using 3G/4G.

LemonSlice said:

A DAC/amp combo solves that problem, while even providing marginally improved sound quality.

Imagine how cool you'd look carrying that around. Still think you need a headphone port?

Around the Network

Whatever, I never liked apple products and probably I never will, still I think it's too soon for most of people to use wireless headphones, maybe in 2/3 more years...

Just a rumour people, no need to get all bent out of shape.
First off, if you already have an iPhone, this does NOT apply to you. Keep using what you have.
Second, if you buy a new iPhone in the future, it will come with headphones that either plug into the lightning connector, or will be bluetooth.
And lastly, bluetooth headphones / earbuds are the future. I recently picked up a pair of bluetooth earbuds for under $30 that sound great and I do not have to worry about the stupid cord getting in the way.

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, always assume you have the upper hand.

NNID = RangerOne

Switch = SW-2393-3671-6907

CrankyFlameBunny said:
It's a dumb thing to do, but it's pretty likely to happen with Bluetooth becoming big in the headphone part. They also bought beats which is becoming more wireless with their headsets. I can see other companies doing this too. First the SD slots on some phones then the headphone jack.

Would it be crazy to think that they're doing this because they want people to go out and buy new wireless Bluetooth beats headphones?

Looks like they are jacking off. Nothing to be ashamed of. Take the high road Apple. Keep your heads high and wipe it off as a natural progression in human nature.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

sounds horrible to me. i primarily use my iphone for music and i like my wired headphones for sound quality.

i probably ditch iphone for android if true. and if android followed suit i'd probably cry.

Does anyone still care?

Sucks for my friends who still use the aux on their car stereo. Most of my headsets are wireless with an option for wired, so if Android decides to follow suit, it won't really bother me. Still sucks for those who aren't ready for wireless.

Noone with an Iphone should be any bit surprised, sadly there is always the risk of other manufacturers that follow suit.

That can't be true, I don't think apple is that stupid

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash