By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where are the boxing games?

Tagged games:

I hate annual franchises, especially the sports ones that change very little and charge you a lot every year. One game that didn't do it as often and was pretty awesome was Fight Night, but this franchise has just gone awol since Fight Night Champions.

There are no boxing games for this gen and I can't think of any that have released since Fight Night Champions back in 2011. 

Would you guys like to see a new boxing game? Do you think EA should bring it back or is it best to go with someone new? 

Around the Network

Oh damn you're right. I didn't even remember about those. Fight Night was the shit.

Real boxing for the Vita, best boxing game ever................ XD

Jokes, jokes, in all seriousness though, EA should definitely make a new one, so good when you've got a few mates round, fingers crossed.

Yeah, it seem like EA left that and went for UFC as fighting sport video game.

Well Fight Night Champion didn't sell very well and EA seems to be the only company that knows how to make a half decent boxing game (Punch Out is fun, but not a real boxing game).

I've thought about this as well and still play some Fight Night Champion on 360. Frankly, I'd be happy if they just made some improvements to the current Fight Night engine, updated the roster and graphics, and released that.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Man, not just boxing. Tons of genres simply are unrepresented or are just no more. Even if it's a genre I don't play, it saddens me to see gaming become less diverse.

Fight night round 3!!!

I created bill Cosby in the character creation section and convinced my buddy that he was an unlockable. Good times

Fight night round 2 for gamecube! You could unlock super punch out and play as little mac! Super sweet exclusive content.

To be honest when we got to Wii Sports we arrived at the peak of the genre, so it's only natural there would be fewer titles thereafter. You can't improve on perfection, after all.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

d21lewis said:
Man, not just boxing. Tons of genres simply are unrepresented or are just no more. Even if it's a genre I don't play, it saddens me to see gaming become less diverse.

^

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.