By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: the heavily losing fronts of PlayStation that nobody talking about.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kagerow said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kagerow said:

Again, Nintendo aren't afraid to create a new 'banner carrier'. They just don't do it because they know it is almost impossible to just create a main stream mascot out of thin air. Period. Establishing a main stream mascot is very different from establishing a game brand. Especially one that stays relevant.

Why does people just claims others are worse for aiming a different goal?

That sounds like fear to me. If you believe its impossible to create a banner carrier one cannot fathom Sony's intentions for the rise of Nathan Drake in an era where they already had Kratos.

Nathan Drake rose as a mascot where?

Rise of Uncharted series is not same as rise of Nathan Drake  the character. Just as rise of Splatoon doesn't mean Inkling suddenly became a relevant character in the main stream. I don't have to fathom anything because there is nothing behind it.

Banner carrier game and 'Banner Carrier' character - Mascots are not the same. Nathan Drake never rose. Uncharted is the one that claimed to the top. They didn't had Kratos. No sane marketing strategist would put Kratos as a face of entire Playstation brand. Especially not in US.

Maybe I don't have enough knowledge on these issues. Can you tell me an example of a mascot that became a main stream as soon as it hit the market and stayed relevant without strong, continued support? Maybe Darth Vader?

Look back on last gen. You'll see what I mean when I say Nathan Drake was the premiere character for Sony, because Uncharted was. His character was relatable and funny and got into lots of trouble that you helped him get out of as a thief and historian. The two exclusive characters that came out for any brand in last gen were Nathan Drake for Sony and Marcus Fenix for Gears of War. Of course Microsoft didnt make that game but they bought it, so there you have it. 

I agree with kagerow.

Sony is pushing Nathan as hard as they possibly can but I think its a futile effort. Even Kratos is more of a mascot than him in many respects.. Nathan simply doesn't have the tenure.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Kagerow said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kagerow said:

Again, Nintendo aren't afraid to create a new 'banner carrier'. They just don't do it because they know it is almost impossible to just create a main stream mascot out of thin air. Period. Establishing a main stream mascot is very different from establishing a game brand. Especially one that stays relevant.

That sounds like fear to me. If you believe its impossible to create a banner carrier one cannot fathom Sony's intentions for the rise of Nathan Drake in an era where they already had Kratos.

Nathan Drake rose as a mascot where?

Rise of Uncharted series is not same as rise of Nathan Drake  the character. Just as rise of Splatoon doesn't mean Inkling suddenly became a relevant character in the main stream. I don't have to fathom anything because there is nothing behind it.

Banner carrier game and 'Banner Carrier' character - Mascots are not the same. Nathan Drake never rose. Uncharted is the one that claimed to the top. They didn't had Kratos. No sane marketing strategist would put Kratos as a face of entire Playstation brand. Especially not in US.

Maybe I don't have enough knowledge on these issues. Can you tell me an example of a mascot that became a main stream as soon as it hit the market and stayed relevant without strong, continued support? Maybe Darth Vader?

Actually, i believe Kagerow is right. Nathan Drake is indeed very popular in the PlayStation family but mainstreamly speaking, like go out and bring a poster of Nathan and ask just anyone about who he is, im sure not many people would know him.

As for Kratos, Sony does support him a lot with 4 games on PS3 and a remasterd on PS4 and 2 games on the PSP i believe. Not to mention of other collections. And God of War 4 is just around the corner i believe.

Kratos is very popular in the gaming world, im sure :). But is he a PlayStation mascot ? i don't know. Cause when i think of PlayStation characters, i think of classic & iconic characters like Crash, Cloud and Snake. The big 3 Heroes of the very important PS characters dat no longer exclusively to the PlayStation systems...

Kagerow said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony doesn't stick with distinctive characters because they are a brand that is determined to create new characters and brands in each and every generation. Unlike Microsoft they are actually capable and unlike Nintendo they arent afraid to create a new banner carrier for the company. 

You realize you contradicting yourself instantly in those two sentences. Also you claim something you can't possibly know unless you are the head of Nintendo.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

looooooooooooooooooooooooool
that is all

Never heard of Playstation Access? Kinda Funny also has PS I love you XOXO with Greg and Collin.

Around the Network

Are those really sides all that important though?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Are those really sides all that important though?

E-Sports perhaps but the others. No.

We should all worry about E-Sports.

What's Street Fighter again?

Both thinks you mentioned are unimportant thing that no gamer cares about

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Protendo said:
We should all worry about E-Sports.

What's Street Fighter again?

One of the oldest, most demanding and most fun e-sports of all.