By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony getting away with paid online is the greatest current gen achievement so far.

mysteryman said:
Lawlight said:

Don't use the word free then. That won't take away the value. Upwards of $AU6,500 in games is what I got since I've subscribed to PS+ (Day 1 subscriber). Games with Gold only exists because PS+ exists and don't offer as many games and the big games come out much later than on PS+.

The other question is, why would you stop subscribing?

“He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother”

― George Orwell, 1984

You didn't answer the question.

Around the Network

Not sure if anyone mentioned this btw, but not only did Sony "get away" with stating they were going to charge for online multiplayer, but the video where they announced it at E3 on stage got one of the biggest cheers and laughter from the crowd in E3 history thanks to Microsoft handing them the crowd on a silver platter. Considering it was shown as small text on a video of them swapping used games on the PS4 system.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Viktor said:
vivster said:

Most people like to rather rent good games than to own bargain bin material. Because they aren't hoarders.

Smart people rent games they actually want to play, whenever they want to play them, they aren´t happy wasting money for outdated scraps and surely don´t leave chances to get something interesting to a corporation. Hiding basic online multiplayer functions behind a paywall is just a scam.

Except renting new games is much more expensive. I'm not paying AU$23 a month to get one game at a time. In the US, Gamefly is US$23 per month for 2 games at a time. Yeah, traditional renting is idiotic.

Also, is a new game better than a game than came out 2 years ago?

Sony did it slick & after the "you can play used games" announcement. Real slick if you ask me lol.

Lawlight said:
mysteryman said:
Lawlight said:

Don't use the word free then. That won't take away the value. Upwards of $AU6,500 in games is what I got since I've subscribed to PS+ (Day 1 subscriber). Games with Gold only exists because PS+ exists and don't offer as many games and the big games come out much later than on PS+.

“He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother”

― George Orwell, 1984

I did, you just can't see it.

Around the Network
mysteryman said:
Lawlight said:
mysteryman said:
Lawlight said:

― George Orwell, 1984

No, you didn't. Using a quote doesn't automatically make it relevant or deep.

Lawlight said:
mysteryman said:
Lawlight said:
mysteryman said:

― George Orwell, 1984

No, you didn't. Using a quote doesn't automatically make it relevant or deep.

Nor does it automatically prove the converse.

mornelithe said:
Azuren said:

Then you're in the wrong platform. Consoles are a streamlined experience with little to no configuration necessary. What you're looking for is PC.

Who's looking?  I already have a PC, already said that while I do have PS+, I only have it for the games, I've never played MP on my PS4, or PS3. You asked the question however, I merely answered.  That's the reason.  

Oh, not you specifically, I meant the royal you. As in, "someone looking for free or customizable online play shouldn't be looking into consoles".

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
mornelithe said:

Who's looking?  I already have a PC, already said that while I do have PS+, I only have it for the games, I've never played MP on my PS4, or PS3. You asked the question however, I merely answered.  That's the reason.  

Oh, not you specifically, I meant the royal you. As in, "someone looking for free or customizable online play shouldn't be looking into consoles".

Didn't say it was free either, but you actually get a quality product from your money, not what Microsoft/Sony/Activision etc... allow you.

Sony simply invited Xbox gamers to switch over by providing a environment they felt comfortable with.

And it worked.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’