By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Captain Obvious: Zelda Wii U is a Wii U exclusive

You deserve your name captain obvious

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network
Gamemaster87 said:

Quote from above:

"PS4 and Xbox One will have their peak year in 2016. People will focus on these systems and nobody cares for a console which is the successor to a fatal flop. Just think about it: Many people still play on last Gen systems. In 2016 they will move to current gen systems. If you would have the choice to choose between the NX and a PS4, what would you take? Of course, the PS4. Nobody bothers about a new Nintendk console at this time. Nintendo needs to wait until those people have a PS4/Xbox One and then tries to get people taking the NX as a secondary console. Nothing else would make sense at this point of this generation. And leading in terms of specs doesn't mean anything. Developers will still programm their games with the PS4 as the lead platfrom. They won't even use the full power of the NX."

First we dont know when PS4/XboxOne will be peak years, second releasing NX after 2016. risks that NX will end up in similar situation in which Wii U was, when NX final arrive everyone will start talking and expecting PS5/XboxTwo and nobady will care again about new Nintendo console. But relasing NX next year Nintendo could still some market of this gen and depends of NX itself it would be good secondary console for PS4 or Xbox One owners. Not to mention that because Wii U/3DS situation Nintendo needs new console faster is possible, they cant wait 2 more whole years with WiiU/3DS.

Again nothing points that NX will be launch in 2017. all infos points for 2016. releasing.

Till E3 and one month after E3 I was thinking that NX is 2017. thing, but after E3 and some new infos we had I realise that NX is 2016. thing.

Why do so many people insist on a 2017 release date for the NX? There's no point in waiting that much! Regarding Zelda, I could see come out on the NX in some way, shape or form.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Gamemaster87 said:
maxleresistant said:

Right now I don't ses any reason why the NX would not come out by the end of 2016.
Production is already lined up, ghey already started to give informations to developpers (hello DQ XII). Also, we can all agree that besides Zelda WiiU and starfox, two games that are late, Internal development of wiiu/3ds software has stopped at Nintendo. All the 3DS games for 2016 are games that are already finished and released in japan. Do you really think that Nintendo is not going to release anything besides Zelda on WiiU for the second half of 2016? They have nothing else on sight for WiiU/3ds. And yes, normally, a year before they always have a few games announced.
What do you think they are doing exactly? Do you think they are going to have two dead systems next Christmas?

Please explain to me why it is impossible for the NX to be out in 2016? Indulge me.

Nx will be out by the end of 2016, and Zelda NX too. You don't have to trust me. Just wait and see

You said it yourself: All announced 3DS Games are already out in Japan. Nintendo doesn't develop new 3DS games anymore. It will obviously get a replacement first. 

For Wii U we have:

-Zelda

-Star Fox

-Pokken

-Twilight Princess HD

All big titles that don't indicate the last year of a console. Look at Wii's 2012 LineUp or Gamecube's 2006. Wii U's is different -> not Wii U's last year. And there are many other reasons I explained before. Just go through the other posts.

Wii U will get new game announcements until and at E3 2016 for the rest of 2016 and early 2017. 3DS won't get any new announcements. Rather they will announce at E3 2016 the successor's launch titles.

And neither NX nor Zelda NX (which doesn't exist anyway) will be out in 2016. You'll find it out by yourself next year.

OK, you think NX is 2017. thing, but tell me one if NX is really 2017 thing and Wii U/3DS need to survive on market for whole 2 years, why in whole 2015. year we didnt had almost any big new announcement for Wii U/3DS and why all new announcements we had are just a small projects, ports and spin offs, in other way fillers!?

If you dont know answer for that question I will tell you, because all big new projects and certainly some big Wii U projects that wasn't anuched are for NX now, they are heavily preparing for NX launch next year with those projects while they continue to support WiiU/3DS till NX launch with fillers that I mention and previosuly announced games that were delayed.

episteme said:

I'm pretty sure it's coming to both platforms, but I expect more a The Last of Us situation instead of a Twilight Princess situation.

I don't know. Don't you think it would be more impactful if the first time we got to play it was during the launch? I would hold it back if I were Nintendo. They really need a HUGE lineup of games considering the slump they're in. Even if Zelda is a masterpiece, I really don't think it would have the selling power that they need if it were a year old port.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Ali_16x said:

Really?

Gamecube
The Official Reveal of the Gamecube was August 2000.
It released first released in JP in September 2001 and NA in November 2001.
Total Time: 13 Months for JP/15 Months for NA.

Wii
The Official Reveal of the Wii which at that time, still called Nintendo Revolution was June 2005.
Released in November 2006 for NA and December 2006 for the Rest.
Total Time: 17 months for NA/ 18 Months for thre Rest

Wii U
The Official Reveal of the Wii U was June 2011.
Released November 2012.
Total Time: 17 months

Want to bet the Nintendo NX will be official revealed around E3 2016? And going by there past home consoles, it will release in November 2017. What are you going by when you say it will release in 2016? Wishful thinking?

I can answer that.

Neither the N64, Gamecube or the Wii struggled to reach even 15 million units sold. Wii U is set to be their worst selling console ever by quite a margain. And right now Nintendo are pretty much the only ones interested in suppolying it with games. Meaning they have to invest in making games for their worst selling console ever, when they could be investing in making games for a more successful console, which they are betting NX will be.

So what I'm trying to say with that is that the situation is different, and Nintendo will want to release NX sooner rather than later. And the time between reveal and release is really up to the company, and there's no limit on how close or far away it can be, assuming that the console is ready to be shown.
PS4 for example was partially revealed in February (the operating system and some features), and the actual console was revealed at E3.

As for what the idea of it releasing is 2016 is based on, I've compiled pretty much all the relevant info I can think of into this post: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7627167

If you feel like I've missed anything important, then please let me know.

Yeah, that makes sense. I could see it releasing 2016. However, I think Nintendo is still being Nintendo. I don't think they've changed that much from their old stubborn ways. From what you've said, it would be smart to release in 2016. But wouldn't they piss off a lot of people? I don't think 4 years is a lot and for a lot it's less than 2 years. And I'm guessing Zelda would be a cross gen game?

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:

Really?

Gamecube
The Official Reveal of the Gamecube was August 2000.
It released first released in JP in September 2001 and NA in November 2001.
Total Time: 13 Months for JP/15 Months for NA.

Wii
The Official Reveal of the Wii which at that time, still called Nintendo Revolution was June 2005.
Released in November 2006 for NA and December 2006 for the Rest.
Total Time: 17 months for NA/ 18 Months for thre Rest

Wii U
The Official Reveal of the Wii U was June 2011.
Released November 2012.
Total Time: 17 months

Want to bet the Nintendo NX will be official revealed around E3 2016? And going by there past home consoles, it will release in November 2017. What are you going by when you say it will release in 2016? Wishful thinking?

All that you wrote are pure facts, but fact is also that some thing like that doesn't work anymore, PS4/Xbox One are revealed in same year and launched in same year were successfully, Nintendo saw that. Also whole year NIntendo heavily hinted and talked about NX, also Wii U is in very bad situation, they can't wait for another 2 whole years for successor, and if Nintendo would just reveal NX next year and said that will come in 2017. 3DS/WiiU sales would be almost death till NX arrives.

Like I said, revel year and half before launch dont work any more especially when you need sucesor very fast,I think Nintendo will do something similar like Sony done with PS4, probably official reveal around March, at E3 full NX blown up with NX games and other NX things and in November launch.

Someone will have a nervous breakdown if it comes on NX as the same time as Wii U. Guys. This is being really silly.

Ali_16x said:
Hiku said:

I can answer that.

Neither the N64, Gamecube or the Wii struggled to reach even 15 million units sold. Wii U is set to be their worst selling console ever by quite a margain. And right now Nintendo are pretty much the only ones interested in suppolying it with games. Meaning they have to invest in making games for their worst selling console ever, when they could be investing in making games for a more successful console, which they are betting NX will be.

So what I'm trying to say with that is that the situation is different, and Nintendo will want to release NX sooner rather than later. And the time between reveal and release is really up to the company, and there's no limit on how close or far away it can be, assuming that the console is ready to be shown.
PS4 for example was partially revealed in February (the operating system and some features), and the actual console was revealed at E3.

As for what the idea of it releasing is 2016 is based on, I've compiled pretty much all the relevant info I can think of into this post: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7627167

If you feel like I've missed anything important, then please let me know.

Yeah, that makes sense. I could see it releasing 2016. However, I think Nintendo is still being Nintendo. I don't think they've changed that much from their old stubborn ways. From what you've said, it would be smart to release in 2016. But wouldn't they piss off a lot of people? I don't think 4 years is a lot and for a lot it's less than 2 years. And I'm guessing Zelda would be a cross gen game?

Nintendo isn't stubborn like before, Wii U failed change them, Amiibo figures and Mobile games are proof of that.It wouldn't piss lot a people of because Nintendo console usually have life span of 5 years in which last year is almost completely dead, Wii U will have full 4 years of support with strong titles till end (Zelda U), and because of terrible Wii U sales people kind expecting shorter life for Wii U. Yes, Zelda U will definitely have dual release on Wii U and NX, same like TP had dual release on GC and Wii.

daredevil.shark said:
Someone will have a nervous breakdown if it comes on NX as the same time as Wii U. Guys. This is being really silly.

You think same like people had nervous breakdown when Zelda TP come on GC and Wii in same time!?