By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Captain Obvious: Zelda Wii U is a Wii U exclusive

zorg1000 said:
Gamemaster87 said:
zorg1000 said:

And it's also pretty clear that Nintendo plans on unifying their platforms to offer a family of devices rather than single isolated platforms. People who don't believe that are in denial.

Why should I be denial if Iwata has already denied a fusion platform?

"Still, I am not sure if the form factor (the size and configuration of the hardware) will be integrated. In contrast, the number of form factors might increase. Currently, we can only provide two form factors because if we had three or four different architectures, we would face serious shortages of software on every platform. To cite a specific case, Apple is able to release smart devices with various form factors one after another because there is one way of programming adopted by all platforms. Apple has a common platform called iOS. Another example is Android. Though there are various models, Android does not face software shortages because there is one common way of programming on the Android platform that works with various models. The point is, Nintendo platforms should be like those two examples. Whether we will ultimately need just one device will be determined by what consumers demand in the future, and that is not something we know at the moment."

I believe this is what ur referring to, in which case u would be wrong, he never denies anything and is very heavily implying a unified concept where software is shared among multiple hardware configurations.

No. I was referring to that "The architecture will be similiar, so we can easily port games to other platforms to fill launch gaps". Or something like that he said. Translated: There will be a dedicated portable and a dedicated home console, but both have a similiar structure, so that ports are easy to make.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
Gamemaster87 said:

It would be completely dumb to release the next home console in 2016. We discussed that before.

And trust me, I'm a dieharc Zelda fan and I won't buy both versions at the same time aka in 2016.

And some Wii U may still be angry (including my own) because the console is worthless for them if they have mainly bought it for Zelda. If Nintendo releases Zelda on both consoles simultaneously than I'm out and will refuse to buy any of their products in the future.

Honestly a true Nintendo fan would say this.

"Wii U is a commercial failure, I want to see Nintendo bounce back bigger and better, I would rather see Zelda U go multiplatform at the same time to give the NX a CHANCE at succeeding at launch"

A moment of selfish happiness on a failed console is not going to bring you years of happines from Nintendo if Nintendo can't bounce back form this disaster. 

Why should I keep supporting a company that refuses to give me what I want? I would rather buy PS4 then. At least Sony listens to their fans. Nintendo shits on their fans.

Miyamotoo said:
Gamemaster87 said:

You said it yourself: All announced 3DS Games are already out in Japan. Nintendo doesn't develop new 3DS games anymore. It will obviously get a replacement first. 

For Wii U we have:

-Zelda

-Star Fox

-Pokken

-Twilight Princess HD

All big titles that don't indicate the last year of a console. Look at Wii's 2012 LineUp or Gamecube's 2006. Wii U's is different -> not Wii U's last year. And there are many other reasons I explained before. Just go through the other posts.

Wii U will get new game announcements until and at E3 2016 for the rest of 2016 and early 2017. 3DS won't get any new announcements. Rather they will announce at E3 2016 the successor's launch titles.

And neither NX nor Zelda NX (which doesn't exist anyway) will be out in 2016. You'll find it out by yourself next year.

OK, you think NX is 2017. thing, but tell me one if NX is really 2017 thing and Wii U/3DS need to survive on market for whole 2 years, why in whole 2015. year we didnt had almost any big new announcement for Wii U/3DS and why all new announcements we had are just a small projects, ports and spin offs, in other way fillers!?

If you dont know answer for that question I will tell you, because all big new projects and certainly some big Wii U projects that wasn't anuched are for NX now, they are heavily preparing for NX launch next year with those projects while they continue to support WiiU/3DS till NX launch with fillers that I mention and previosuly announced games that were delayed.

They won't keep the 3DS on the market for two more years. They will rrplace it next year. All the ports and Spin-Offs point to that.

On Wii U we have Star Fox, Pokken and Zelda. Big productions that indicate that Nintendo is still developing Wii U games. So, no new home console in 2016. When will you learn to deal with facts?

Miyamotoo said:
Ali_16x said:

Really?

Gamecube
The Official Reveal of the Gamecube was August 2000.
It released first released in JP in September 2001 and NA in November 2001.
Total Time: 13 Months for JP/15 Months for NA.

Wii
The Official Reveal of the Wii which at that time, still called Nintendo Revolution was June 2005.
Released in November 2006 for NA and December 2006 for the Rest.
Total Time: 17 months for NA/ 18 Months for thre Rest

Wii U
The Official Reveal of the Wii U was June 2011.
Released November 2012.
Total Time: 17 months

Want to bet the Nintendo NX will be official revealed around E3 2016? And going by there past home consoles, it will release in November 2017. What are you going by when you say it will release in 2016? Wishful thinking?

All that you wrote are pure facts, but fact is also that some thing like that doesn't work anymore, PS4/Xbox One are revealed in same year and launched in same year were successfully, Nintendo saw that. Also whole year NIntendo heavily hinted and talked about NX, also Wii U is in very bad situation, they can't wait for another 2 whole years for successor, and if Nintendo would just reveal NX next year and said that will come in 2017. 3DS/WiiU sales would be almost death till NX arrives.

Like I said, revel year and half before launch dont work any more especially when you need sucesor very fast,I think Nintendo will do something similar like Sony done with PS4, probably official reveal around March, at E3 full NX blown up with NX games and other NX things and in November launch.

And launch it quietly so nobody cares for it? Great Idea!

They have to promote the NX whatever it is. After the Wii U they can't make a failure launch again. A 2016 reveal and release doesn't work for Nintendo. You compare it with Sony but Sony is Sony. PlayStation consoles sell well anyway. Nintendo consoles don't. Look at Microsoft: Reveal and Release in 2013 didn't work. People didn't know what Kinect is for, people still thought it has always-on and used games lock. In the end the Xbox One launch flopped. Nintendo is Nintendo. They can't throw out a console in 2016 and hope people will understand it without promoting it a lot. It will flop. But hey, you really semm to want Nintendo not being successful. I want Nintendo to be successful that's why I think they are smart and release it in 2017.

Gamemaster87 said:
Miyamotoo said:

OK, you think NX is 2017. thing, but tell me one if NX is really 2017 thing and Wii U/3DS need to survive on market for whole 2 years, why in whole 2015. year we didnt had almost any big new announcement for Wii U/3DS and why all new announcements we had are just a small projects, ports and spin offs, in other way fillers!?

If you dont know answer for that question I will tell you, because all big new projects and certainly some big Wii U projects that wasn't anuched are for NX now, they are heavily preparing for NX launch next year with those projects while they continue to support WiiU/3DS till NX launch with fillers that I mention and previosuly announced games that were delayed.

They won't keep the 3DS on the market for two more years. They will rrplace it next year. All the ports and Spin-Offs point to that.

On Wii U we have Star Fox, Pokken and Zelda. Big productions that indicate that Nintendo is still developing Wii U games. So, no new home console in 2016. When will you learn to deal with facts?

Twilight Princess-outsourced port

Star Fox-outsourced title originally schedule for 2015

Pokken-outsourced title and port of 2015 arcade game

SMTxFE-3rd party collaboration and localization of 2015 title

Zelda-made internally but was originally planned for 2015

Nothing suggests Nintendo is still developing major Wii U games.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Kennel83 said:
Gamemaster87 said:

Nintendo can't compete in this Generation anymore. The train has already left the station and they didn't jump aboard it.

There aim has to be to get people buying the console as a secodary console. And then prepare with it for the next generation.

As late as possible - far away from PS4's peak year.

If there are more people with the choice between PS4 and NX, then it will be bad for Nintendo.

That's a very bad business idea, if you think about it!

So in your opinion Nintendo should just sit down and see how their competition sell while they don't do "anything"? What is captain obvious is that as you said, if they can't compete now, they should release their next console in november 2016 when the wii u is 4 years old, same time the og xbox was an there wasn't any backlash from fans for microsoft, and they even sold more million consoles.

Anyone who feels betrayed by Nintendo for releasing the nx console next year is very naive. How can someone feel betrayed? They have released so many great games, even when they are not selling ok they are supporting the console. Look what happened with the vita. How many 1st party games have been released in the last two years? From a business point of view, they sure are loosing money, it's not as bad as the virtual boy was but they are not ok. They should have done it earlier but they'll wait the wii u to have 4 years to avoid fans outrage and avoid bad image.

I just don't get your point, honestly. You're suggesting that Nintendo waits as much as possible from ps4's peak year, which you say is next year, but the more they wait, the more people can buy a ps4 because as you said they can't compete now, so they would be like giving those sales to sony without a fight, and also the more they wait the closer the ps5 will be and the more market they loose.

Nintendo is releasing the nx next year, whether some people like it or not. It's the wisest thing to do. And I think you will like it after all. Enjoy all the fantastic games Nintendo has now and jump on the hype train next year, it's always fun :)

I must add that I agree with you on one thing, that Zelda U should be released before NX version, maybe 6-9 months. A lot of fans would double dip myself included, so it would be twice the sales. But I think they'll release Nx version first to boost the sales of the NX.

Anyway, nice topic Gamemaster! Though don't take things too personal man, it looks like you don't like it when people don't agree with you! :P

What I said is that they can't compete with the NX with PS4 and Xbox One. Those games got games for several year and are not the successors to a failed system. Nobody with a mind would buy the NX then if he doesn't own a PS4 yet. And I don't want them to do nothing, I want them to support the Wii U, to make money with it and to show fans that they can trust in Nintendo even in bad times. Rushing out the NX in 2016 will let the trust of the consumers in Nintendo fade away.

And no, I don't like a 2016 NX. That's a point where I will leave Nintendo for ever because the company chose to betray its fans and decided to die.

NX 2016 -> Nintendo's death (or at least the start of it)

zorg1000 said:
Gamemaster87 said:
Miyamotoo said:

2013:

Lego City Undercover: outsourced

The Wonderful 101: outsourced

Mario & Sonic: outsourced

2014:

Wii Sports Club: outsourced

Hyrule Warriors: outsourced

Bayonetta 2: outsourced

SMASH BROS: outsourced

Outsourcing is normal for Nintendo and nothing that indicates the end of a generation.

And Star Fox is still developed by EPD in cooperation with Platinum

Same for Twilight Princess HD: Developed by EPD in cooperation with Tantalus

Plus there's probably Pikmin 4 developed by EPD

Plus Zelda by EPD

Total of 4 internal games in 2016, more than in 2014. So, it's just normal.

Look at the 3DS now: internal games in 2016? None. According to your logic at has to get a replacement in 2016, not the Wii U

And that's what actually will happen: 3DS successor in 2016, Wii U successor in 2017.

Gamemaster87 said:
zorg1000 said:
Gamemaster87 said:
Miyamotoo said:

2013:

Lego City Undercover: outsourced

The Wonderful 101: outsourced

Mario & Sonic: outsourced

2014:

Wii Sports Club: outsourced

Hyrule Warriors: outsourced

Bayonetta 2: outsourced

SMASH BROS: outsourced

Outsourcing is normal for Nintendo and nothing that indicates the end of a generation.

And Star Fox is still developed by EPD in cooperation with Platinum

Same for Twilight Princess HD: Developed by EPD in cooperation with Tantalus

Plus there's probably Pikmin 4 developed by EPD

Plus Zelda by EPD

Total of 4 internal games in 2016, more than in 2014. So, it's just normal.

Look at the 3DS now: internal games in 2016? None. According to your logic at has to get a replacement in 2016, not the Wii U

And that's what actually will happen: 3DS successor in 2016, Wii U successor in 2017.

Ur still ignoring that Star Fox & Zelda were originally planned as 2015 titles so that basically leaves Twilight Princess+Pokken Tournament+Shin Megami Tense x Fire Emblem as major releases originally planned for 2016, an HD remaster, an arcade port and a Japanese localization, none of which are developed by Nintendo.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Gamemaster87 said:
zorg1000 said:
Gamemaster87 said:
zorg1000 said:

And it's also pretty clear that Nintendo plans on unifying their platforms to offer a family of devices rather than single isolated platforms. People who don't believe that are in denial.

Why should I be denial if Iwata has already denied a fusion platform?

"Still, I am not sure if the form factor (the size and configuration of the hardware) will be integrated. In contrast, the number of form factors might increase. Currently, we can only provide two form factors because if we had three or four different architectures, we would face serious shortages of software on every platform. To cite a specific case, Apple is able to release smart devices with various form factors one after another because there is one way of programming adopted by all platforms. Apple has a common platform called iOS. Another example is Android. Though there are various models, Android does not face software shortages because there is one common way of programming on the Android platform that works with various models. The point is, Nintendo platforms should be like those two examples. Whether we will ultimately need just one device will be determined by what consumers demand in the future, and that is not something we know at the moment."

I believe this is what ur referring to, in which case u would be wrong, he never denies anything and is very heavily implying a unified concept where software is shared among multiple hardware configurations.

No. I was referring to that "The architecture will be similiar, so we can easily port games to other platforms to fill launch gaps". Or something like that he said. Translated: There will be a dedicated portable and a dedicated home console, but both have a similiar structure, so that ports are easy to make.

So where is the part where Iwata denies anything?

Gamemaster87 said:
Miyamotoo said:

-Star Fox is game thats is announced in 2014. and initially had release date for this holiday season.

-Pokken is port of Arcade game.

-Zelda U is game that is announced in January 2013. and TP HD is HD port.

So of course that Nintendo is developing Wii U games that are induced way before, but we didn't had any new bigger Wii U announcement in whole 2015. year, and that doesnt make any sens if they want to keep Wii U till end of 2017.

You telling me to learn to deal with facts!? Basically everything you wrote isn't based on facts at all and doesnt make any sense.