By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Captain Obvious: Zelda Wii U is a Wii U exclusive

Gamemaster87 said:

What I said is that they can't compete with the NX with PS4 and Xbox One. Those games got games for several year and are not the successors to a failed system. Nobody with a mind would buy the NX then if he doesn't own a PS4 yet. And I don't want them to do nothing, I want them to support the Wii U, to make money with it and to show fans that they can trust in Nintendo even in bad times. Rushing out the NX in 2016 will let the trust of the consumers in Nintendo fade away.

And no, I don't like a 2016 NX. That's a point where I will leave Nintendo for ever because the company chose to betray its fans and decided to die.

NX 2016 -> Nintendo's death (or at least the start of it)

In business as in life itself, a mistake is not always a failure, I can't think of any example right now, but I'm sure you agree with me on this. If we had stopped our lives because of a failure we made, I'm sure everybody would be dead by now. Failure is a part of life, what you do after failing is what makes you wiser, stronger and more self-conscious. Also, their failure with the virtual boy was even bigger and here they are 20 years later still standing. I think you might be underestimating Nintendo as a company.

As a Nintendo fan, I could say that I'm even "happy" that the wii u failed, because they will make a bigger effort in their next console. I have enjoyed the wii u a lot, and I still do and I'm planning to enjoy it even after the NX is released, consoles aren't dead once there is a newer one on the market.

In 9 days the game I'm most hyped for is being released, and next year there are at least 5 games that I'm going to buy. I wouldn't say the wii u was a complete disaster, Could it been better? Of course! But is a great console with great games, something we can't say about virtual boy for example.

Nintendo has supported the wii u for three years and we still don't know when is the NX being released. If it was released in june, I would agree with you that they kinda left the console die too soon and they could have done more, but until we know...

Also, the beginning of Nintendo's death is quite old now. They have been "doomed" for quite some time now. Every new generation people say Nintendoom is going third party and here they are, planning their next console, which I think is going to sell great. Or at least, much more than the wii u.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Ali_16x said:

How is it a fact that it doesn't work any more in the modern era? That isn't a fact, that's just you speculating. Nintendo is still operating the same way. Region locking, weak 3rd parties, same old IPS,focusing on casuals and weak hardware. 

Wii U is proof that doesnt work any more. Two last years Wii  was completely dead because of Wii U launch and people in meantime migrated to other platforms, they didn't want to wait year and half for next Nintendo hardware. And that's a fact. Region locking, weak 3rd parties, focusing on casuals and weak hardware doesn't have anything with time frame of revealing and launching console.

Also region locking, weak 3rd parties, focusing on casuals and weak hardware cannot be fixed with current hardware, only with new one and new platform, we already know that Nintendo is preparing new account system, they said they will probably stop with region locking, they working on better 3rd party support for NX, we still dont know about power of NX but I think I want be weaker than Xbox One/PS4. If you don't see in how many changes Nintendo is making this gen you will certainly see them next year. Amiibo, mobile games, new account system, totally new unified platform that will share same games...are all huge changes.

How is the Wii U proof? Proof of what? The only reason they went into the mobile market was because they had to do something to please shareholders. And the games they're brining aren't the games people are asking for.

Amiibos? What in the world does that have to do with anything? What do figurines have to do with gaming other than it being merchandise? Did fans ask for amiibos? I'm pretty sure they didn't.

You're right region locking, weak 3rd parties, focusing on casuals and weak hardware doesn't have anything with time frame of revealing and launching console, it has to do with how they haven't changed at all. Their last 4 home consoles have all of these in common. And 3/4 of their latest consoles have failed, how isn't that proof that they haven't changed and whatever they're doing isn't working.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Gamemaster87 said:

On Wii U we have Star Fox, Pokken and Zelda. Big productions that indicate that Nintendo is still developing Wii U games. So, no new home console in 2016. When will you learn to deal with facts?

Pokken and Starfox are not big productions, and Zelda may yet be moved to NX.

Wii U will be replaced next year. That's why all we're getting for Wii U now is late ports/localizations and low budget filler, because all the major first party teams have moved on to NX production.

I know it's frustrating. In fact, I myself have decided I won't be getting an NX because of Nintendo's decisions with Wii U. But whether we like it or not, this is the unpleasant reality of the situation.

Ali_16x said:

You're right region locking, weak 3rd parties, focusing on casuals and weak hardware doesn't have anything with time frame of revealing and launching console, it has to do with how they haven't changed at all. Their last 4 home consoles have all of these in common. And 3/4 of their latest consoles have failed, how isn't that proof that they haven't changed and whatever they're doing isn't working.

Not true.

Gamecube and N64 were powerful hardware for their time.

curl-6 said:
Ali_16x said:

Not true.

Ah you are correct, but I think it matters more this time around because people care more about graphics these days, though I'm not saying people didn't care about graphics back in the day, they actually did. But everything else I've talked about is true. And I personally have a feeling that NX will be less powerful than the PS4 and XBO even though it shouldn't since the PS4 and XBO would contain 3 year old hardware. Which will mean less 3rd party titles.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
curl-6 said:

Not true.

Ah you are correct, but I think it matters more this time around because people care more about graphics these days, though I'm not saying people didn't care about graphics back in the day, they actually did. But everything else I've talked about is true. And I personally have a feeling that NX will be less powerful than the PS4 and XBO even though it shouldn't since the PS4 and XBO would contain 3 year old hardware.

You're certainly not wrong there; graphics may have been a big selling point as far back as the 90s, ("Blast processing!" "Mode 7!" "3D graphics!") but I'd say they're probably a bigger deal now than they never have been. 

And yeah, it would not surprise me at all if NX falls somewhere close to the Xbox One in power. I'd be surprised if it overpowers the PS4, even though those systems weren't even super high end in 2013.

Gamemaster87 said:
maxleresistant said:

Right now I don't ses any reason why the NX would not come out by the end of 2016.
Production is already lined up, ghey already started to give informations to developpers (hello DQ XII). Also, we can all agree that besides Zelda WiiU and starfox, two games that are late, Internal development of wiiu/3ds software has stopped at Nintendo. All the 3DS games for 2016 are games that are already finished and released in japan. Do you really think that Nintendo is not going to release anything besides Zelda on WiiU for the second half of 2016? They have nothing else on sight for WiiU/3ds. And yes, normally, a year before they always have a few games announced.
What do you think they are doing exactly? Do you think they are going to have two dead systems next Christmas?

Please explain to me why it is impossible for the NX to be out in 2016? Indulge me.

Nx will be out by the end of 2016, and Zelda NX too. You don't have to trust me. Just wait and see

You said it yourself: All announced 3DS Games are already out in Japan. Nintendo doesn't develop new 3DS games anymore. It will obviously get a replacement first. 

For Wii U we have:

-Zelda

-Star Fox

-Pokken

-Twilight Princess HD

All big titles that don't indicate the last year of a console. Look at Wii's 2012 LineUp or Gamecube's 2006. Wii U's is different -> not Wii U's last year. And there are many other reasons I explained before. Just go through the other posts.

Wii U will get new game announcements until and at E3 2016 for the rest of 2016 and early 2017. 3DS won't get any new announcements. Rather they will announce at E3 2016 the successor's launch titles.

And neither NX nor Zelda NX (which doesn't exist anyway) will be out in 2016. You'll find it out by yourself next year.

Literally 3 out of the 4 titles you listed are going into 2016 because of delays, not to push the wii u longer. This holiday is the worst yet because zelda u, twilight princess, and Starfox were all supposed to come out this holiday. Even with those titles into next year, it's clear to see the wii u will get its worst year next year. Zelda u is the only "system seller" and even that doesn't move consoles like mario kart or smash. The Wii u is getting replaced next year

curl-6 said:
Gamemaster87 said:

On Wii U we have Star Fox, Pokken and Zelda. Big productions that indicate that Nintendo is still developing Wii U games. So, no new home console in 2016. When will you learn to deal with facts?

Pokken and Starfox are not big productions, and Zelda may yet be moved to NX.

Wii U will be replaced next year. That's why all we're getting for Wii U now is late ports/localizations and low budget filler, because all the major first party teams have moved on to NX production.

I know it's frustrating. In fact, I myself have decided I won't be getting an NX because of Nintendo's decisions with Wii U. But whether we like it or not, this is the unpleasant reality of the situation.

Wait, ur not going to get NX in general or just when it launches?

I understand taking a wait and see approach but I have a hard time understanding why u would boycott NX if it fixes all the problems Wii U had and had a steady supply of games that appeal to u just because of mistakes Nintendo made 5 or so years earlier.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

RolStoppable said:
zorg1000 said:

Wait, ur not going to get NX in general or just when it launches?

I understand taking a wait and see approach but I have a hard time understanding why u would boycott NX if it fixes all the problems Wii U had and had a steady supply of games that appeal to u just because of mistakes Nintendo made 5 or so years earlier.

A console manufacturer is like a woman. Nintendo gave curl an STD, so he's not going to get in bed with them ever again.

So Nintendo is essentially Charlie Sheen?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Cobretti2 said:

How are they not giving you what you want? You still get the game on Wii U but yet you are too selfish to let it go multiplatform at launch lol?

The  Wii U console is a commercial failure, there is no point injecting it with pills anymore. No super pill will save it. Mario Kart or Smash Bros couldn't save it.

If Zelda U was to stay an exclusive it wouldn't reach it's sales potential and who knows how much money they pumped into this being their first HD zelda game with an ambition to make it a big world?

It only makes commercial sense for them to release it at NX launch to give that system a "fighting" chance of suceeding. If NX launches with no big games it will be dead on arrival. NX will need a line up 5x stronger than Wii U had at launch to make it fly of the shelves. You think they will not use one of their strongest franchises to make that happen?

While I agree with you whole heartedly, the Wii U had a great launch. It's what came immediately after that was abysmal.