By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Captain Obvious: Zelda Wii U is a Wii U exclusive

RolStoppable said:

A console manufacturer is like a woman. Nintendo gave curl an STD, so he's not going to get in bed with them ever again.

Guys can give people STDs too, Rol.

EDIT: Kinda ninja'd.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Cobretti2 said:

How are they not giving you what you want? You still get the game on Wii U but yet you are too selfish to let it go multiplatform at launch lol?

The  Wii U console is a commercial failure, there is no point injecting it with pills anymore. No super pill will save it. Mario Kart or Smash Bros couldn't save it.

If Zelda U was to stay an exclusive it wouldn't reach it's sales potential and who knows how much money they pumped into this being their first HD zelda game with an ambition to make it a big world?

It only makes commercial sense for them to release it at NX launch to give that system a "fighting" chance of suceeding. If NX launches with no big games it will be dead on arrival. NX will need a line up 5x stronger than Wii U had at launch to make it fly of the shelves. You think they will not use one of their strongest franchises to make that happen?

While I agree with you whole heartedly, the Wii U had a great launch. It's what came immediately after that was abysmal.

It has a great launch of 3rd party ports though, which for most part were fairly old.  WIth some asshole moves from EA with their games.

There wasn't really any flag ship Nintendo games unless you want to count a 2D mario game. 

In launch window if you already owned a PS360 I would say the only ones worth buying at the time was Zombie U.

For Nintendo only fans, it was like sequels to games they never played (but worth buying), which were largely ignored sadly.

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

Pokken and Starfox are not big productions, and Zelda may yet be moved to NX.

Wii U will be replaced next year. That's why all we're getting for Wii U now is late ports/localizations and low budget filler, because all the major first party teams have moved on to NX production.

I know it's frustrating. In fact, I myself have decided I won't be getting an NX because of Nintendo's decisions with Wii U. But whether we like it or not, this is the unpleasant reality of the situation.

Wait, ur not going to get NX in general or just when it launches?

I understand taking a wait and see approach but I have a hard time understanding why u would boycott NX if it fixes all the problems Wii U had and had a steady supply of games that appeal to u just because of mistakes Nintendo made 5 or so years earlier.

At this point, I don't plan to buy one ever. That could change, but for me to even consider it, NX would have to last its whole first year without going a single month without a major release. I am not buying another console that gets like 5 worthwhile games a year.

curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:

Wait, ur not going to get NX in general or just when it launches?

I understand taking a wait and see approach but I have a hard time understanding why u would boycott NX if it fixes all the problems Wii U had and had a steady supply of games that appeal to u just because of mistakes Nintendo made 5 or so years earlier.

At this point, I don't plan to buy one ever. That could change, but for me to even consider it, NX would have to last its whole first year without going a single month without a major release. I am not buying another console that gets like 5 worthwhile games a year.

Do you have any other consoles other than Wii U or do you plan to buy a PS4/XBO/PC?

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Cobretti2 said:

It has a great launch of 3rd party ports though, which for most part were fairly old.  WIth some asshole moves from EA with their games.

There wasn't really any flag ship Nintendo games unless you want to count a 2D mario game. 

In launch window if you already owned a PS360 I would say the only ones worth buying at the time was Zombie U.

For Nintendo only fans, it was like sequels to games they never played (but worth buying), which were largely ignored sadly.

Oh, I only meant sales. My bad. The actual line up was ass.

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
curl-6 said:

Do you have any other consoles other than Wii U or do you plan to buy a PS4/XBO/PC?

Thinking of getting more into retro gaming once I'm done with Wii U.

I have an Atari 2600, an SNES, a Megadrive, a PS1, an N64, a PS2, a Gamecube, an original Xbox, a Wii, and an Xbox 360.

curl-6 said:

No console has ever done that, literally ever, though. Like, I know we're supposed to be critical, but be reasonable.

spemanig said:
curl-6 said:

No console has ever done that, literally ever, though. Like, I know we're supposed to be critical, but be reasonable.

Was there a month this year that PS4/Xbox One had no major release?

curl-6 said:

There were many, are you joking? What do you constitute as major? What came out in January? February? June? July? August, even? Dying Light? Evolve? Until Dawn? Come on, man.

spemanig said:
curl-6 said:

There were many, are you joking? What do you constitute as major? What came out in January? February? June? July? August, even? Dying Light? Evolve? Until Dawn? Come on, man.

Those qualify. I'd even count the likes of Fatal Frame on Wii U. Just something that's not a bargain bin fluff.