By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Captain Obvious: Zelda Wii U is a Wii U exclusive

Miyamotoo said:
daredevil.shark said:
Someone will have a nervous breakdown if it comes on NX as the same time as Wii U. Guys. This is being really silly.

You think same like people had nervous breakdown when Zelda TP come on GC and Wii in same time!?

My comment was towards OP.

Around the Network

Miyamotoo said:

Wii U will have full 4 years of support with strong titles till end (Zelda U), and because of terrible Wii U sales people kind expecting shorter life for Wii U. Yes, Zelda U will definitely have dual release on Wii U and NX, same like TP had dual release on GC and Wii.

I would defintely not call 2016 a "full year support", all the games are just games that Nintendo has to release. Zelda, Starfox are late games, FE X SMT is already out in japan so that's done, Pokken, TP HD and Mario & Sonic are just good opportunities to make a quick buck.

Full year support? No.

WiiU support though the years :

-2012: bad start

-2013: decent but underwhelming year

-2014:  very good year

-2015: good year

-2016: Very underwhelming.

Miyamotoo said:

All that you wrote are pure facts, but fact is also that some thing like that doesn't work anymore, PS4/Xbox One are revealed in same year and launched in same year were successfully, Nintendo saw that. Also whole year NIntendo heavily hinted and talked about NX, also Wii U is in very bad situation, they can't wait for another 2 whole years for successor, and if Nintendo would just reveal NX next year and said that will come in 2017. 3DS/WiiU sales would be almost death till NX arrives.

Like I said, revel year and half before launch dont work any more especially when you need sucesor very fast,I think Nintendo will do something similar like Sony done with PS4, probably official reveal around March, at E3 full NX blown up with NX games and other NX things and in November launch.

Lol, well now, that's a first, someone who dismisses facts because they're facts. For one, these facts show us how Nintendo operates. The way Micrcosoft and Sony handle their business is not the same way Nintendo does, which should be pretty obvious. Sony and Microsoft have a history of releasing their consoles is short frame times until Nintendo so you can't compare them. And Nintendo actually talks about their consoles a year before they're even unveiled like with Dolphin(GC) and Revolution(Wii) which Sony and Microsoft doesn't do. 

If they do release their console in 2016, it isn't because they saw Microsoft and Sony release their console in a short frame time but because they need to do it financially, as Hiku pointed out.

You're refuting what I said for the wrong reasons, unlike Hiku. And he's gotten me to understand why a 2016 release is very likely.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
Miyamotoo said:

All that you wrote are pure facts, but fact is also that some thing like that doesn't work anymore, PS4/Xbox One are revealed in same year and launched in same year were successfully, Nintendo saw that. Also whole year NIntendo heavily hinted and talked about NX, also Wii U is in very bad situation, they can't wait for another 2 whole years for successor, and if Nintendo would just reveal NX next year and said that will come in 2017. 3DS/WiiU sales would be almost death till NX arrives.

Like I said, revel year and half before launch dont work any more especially when you need sucesor very fast,I think Nintendo will do something similar like Sony done with PS4, probably official reveal around March, at E3 full NX blown up with NX games and other NX things and in November launch.

Lol, well now, that's a first, someone who dismisses facts because they're facts. For one, these facts show us how Nintendo operates. The way Micrcosoft and Sony handle their business is not the same way Nintendo does, which should be pretty obvious. Sony and Microsoft have a history of releasing their consoles is short frame times until Nintendo so you can't compare them. And Nintendo actually talks about their consoles a year before they're even unveiled like with Dolphin(GC) and Revolution(Wii) which Sony and Microsoft doesn't do. 

If they do release their console in 2016, it isn't because they saw Microsoft and Sony release their console in a short frame time but because they need to do it financially, as Hiku pointed out.

You're refuting what I said for the wrong reasons, unlike Hiku. And he's gotten me to understand why a 2016 release is very likely.

I dont see whats problem here!? I said that is fact that Nintendo was releasing consoles like you wrote, and I said that is fact that doesnt work any more in modern era. Nintendo operating like that before, but that doesnt work any more and they know it, it didnt work for Wii U also. And Nintendo did talked this year about NX and new platform.

Certainly they will not release NX only because they saw MS and Sony, but they saw how they managed revil and launch in single year in very successful way and that probably too influence on their decision to do something similar.

maxleresistant said:

Miyamotoo said:

Wii U will have full 4 years of support with strong titles till end (Zelda U), and because of terrible Wii U sales people kind expecting shorter life for Wii U. Yes, Zelda U will definitely have dual release on Wii U and NX, same like TP had dual release on GC and Wii.

I would defintely not call 2016 a "full year support", all the games are just games that Nintendo has to release. Zelda, Starfox are late games, FE X SMT is already out in japan so that's done, Pokken, TP HD and Mario & Sonic are just good opportunities to make a quick buck.

Full year support? No.

WiiU support though the years :

-2012: bad start

-2013: decent but underwhelming year

-2014:  very good year

-2015: good year

-2016: Very underwhelming.

It does not matter if biggest games from 2016. are delayed or earlier announced titles, point is that game are coming on Wii U in 2016. and that people will bought them in 2016, so they are 2016. Wii U games.

2016: Very underwhelming!?

-Zelda TP HD

-Star Fox Zero

-Mario & Sonic at the Rio Olympics

-Pokken Tournament

-Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

-Zelda U

This are only game we know for now, there will be probably one-two more unauced titles. So I dont think it will be worst than 2015. maybe will be even better. Yes thats full support, if you want to to know what isn't full support or support at all see last year for GC and Wii.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Ali_16x said:

I dont see whats problem here!? I said that is fact that Nintendo was releasing consoles like you wrote, and I said that is fact that doesnt work any more in modern era. Nintendo operating like that before, but that doesnt work any more and they know it, it didnt work for Wii U also. And Nintendo did talked this year about NX and new platform.

Certainly they will not release NX only because they saw MS and Sony, but they saw how they managed revil and launch in single year in very successful way and that probably too influence on their decision to do something similar.

How is it a fact that it doesn't work any more in the modern era? That isn't a fact, that's just you speculating. Nintendo is still operating the same way. Region locking, weak 3rd parties, same old IPS,focusing on casuals and weak hardware. 

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
Miyamotoo said:

How is it a fact that it doesn't work any more in the modern era? That isn't a fact, that's just you speculating. Nintendo is still operating the same way. Region locking, weak 3rd parties, same old IPS,focusing on casuals and weak hardware. 

Wii U is proof that doesnt work any more. Two last years Wii  was completely dead because of Wii U launch and people in meantime migrated to other platforms, they didn't want to wait year and half for next Nintendo hardware. And that's a fact. Region locking, weak 3rd parties, focusing on casuals and weak hardware doesn't have anything with time frame of revealing and launching console.

Also region locking, weak 3rd parties, focusing on casuals and weak hardware cannot be fixed with current hardware, only with new one and new platform, we already know that Nintendo is preparing new account system, they said they will probably stop with region locking, they working on better 3rd party support for NX, we still dont know about power of NX but I think I want be weaker than Xbox One/PS4. If you don't see in how many changes Nintendo is making this gen you will certainly see them next year. Amiibo, mobile games, new account system, totally new unified platform that will share same games...are all huge changes.

Gamemaster87 said:

Nintendo can't compete in this Generation anymore. The train has already left the station and they didn't jump aboard it.

There aim has to be to get people buying the console as a secodary console. And then prepare with it for the next generation.

As late as possible - far away from PS4's peak year.

If there are more people with the choice between PS4 and NX, then it will be bad for Nintendo.

That's a very bad business idea, if you think about it!

So in your opinion Nintendo should just sit down and see how their competition sell while they don't do "anything"? What is captain obvious is that as you said, if they can't compete now, they should release their next console in november 2016 when the wii u is 4 years old, same time the og xbox was an there wasn't any backlash from fans for microsoft, and they even sold more million consoles.

Anyone who feels betrayed by Nintendo for releasing the nx console next year is very naive. How can someone feel betrayed? They have released so many great games, even when they are not selling ok they are supporting the console. Look what happened with the vita. How many 1st party games have been released in the last two years? From a business point of view, they sure are loosing money, it's not as bad as the virtual boy was but they are not ok. They should have done it earlier but they'll wait the wii u to have 4 years to avoid fans outrage and avoid bad image.

I just don't get your point, honestly. You're suggesting that Nintendo waits as much as possible from ps4's peak year, which you say is next year, but the more they wait, the more people can buy a ps4 because as you said they can't compete now, so they would be like giving those sales to sony without a fight, and also the more they wait the closer the ps5 will be and the more market they loose.

Nintendo is releasing the nx next year, whether some people like it or not. It's the wisest thing to do. And I think you will like it after all. Enjoy all the fantastic games Nintendo has now and jump on the hype train next year, it's always fun :)

I must add that I agree with you on one thing, that Zelda U should be released before NX version, maybe 6-9 months. A lot of fans would double dip myself included, so it would be twice the sales. But I think they'll release Nx version first to boost the sales of the NX.

Anyway, nice topic Gamemaster! Though don't take things too personal man, it looks like you don't like it when people don't agree with you! :P

curl-6 said:
Platina said:
Not sure actually, there is definitely a chance that Zelda U could be cross gen, but it's unlikely

Why is it unlikely?

If you ask me, it seems unlikely they'll let what's probably one of their most expensive productions ever remain exclusive to a console that will top out at a 14 million install base.

That's true

It's probably me not wanting them to, in a sense, but I guess I wouldn't mind it too much if it was cross gen

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

POE said:
Gamemaster87 said:
POE said:
No my friend. It isnt. Will be on nx at launch.

As I said. On NX in 2017. Learn reading mate.

Nx will release in 2016. Learn to think.

I can think and that's why I know that NX will not release in 2016.