By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metacritics unbelievable Bias against Nintendos Thirdparty exclsuives in recent days

teigaga said:
Ruler said:

Rodea the Sky Soldier, 48

Devil's Third, 44

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water, 67

meanwhile Indie games get 90s regullary who look worse in every aspect of quality. Just proves it even more that Metacritic is not reliable when it comes at rating japanese games in general (Famitsu, 4gamer and other japanese reviewers not allowed) but its even worse for nintendo games not made by Nintendo it seems.

Tell me what you think? do you agree whith these scores? i feel there is something fishy

Indie games are not scored like big releases, they cost like $10. Your same arguement can be used to say the press are bias against Playstation Exclusives seeings as most score below 90 where as"Indie games regullary who look worse in every aspect of quality".

I think the way western press  treat Japanese games is fine, note how these same games all bombed in Japan aswell. Its  for consumers to understand what their tastes are like and know that maybe some things that reviewers dislike, you maybe love. 

So why arent japanese reviewers allowed in metacrtic? the game is allready out in japan they should have score right from the start from famitsu etc. Its biased from the start and then for some reason all these western reviewers trash these japanese games.

Not one reviewer ever mentions the price in these reviews, i never have seen it any review. 

Around the Network
Barozi said:
you compare indie games to regular $60 games.
That's your fault, not Metacritic's.

Same reason why mobile games receive 90s left and right, because no one is expecting them to be comparable to the likes of Witcher 3 or MGS 5.

Except for the fact that they dont cost 60$ but 40-50$ except for devils third. And a lot of these indies cost 20 bucks now, they get pretty overpriced and there is no option to buy them used.

I haven't played any of them but from what i hear they were all bad games and deserved low metascores. But then again nintendo fans have gotten used to their first party generic platformers getting 90s...

It's pretty strange the reviews of Fatal Frame who are not a fan of the content that series has always had, would be like someone criticizing Call of Duty for being a shooter or a Mario game for being yet another platformer, doesn't really make sense.

As for the comments regarding the Wii-U's pad having short battery life so you could turn off that other game... well maybe the reviewer was just trying to be a bit funny and add some comedy to what he felt was a review of just bad things about a game, gotta give someone a reason to read your content if you're just calling a bad game bad, comedy can help to get hits sometimes. I'm just saying, I wouldn't take that comment to be a direct attack at the Wii-U's battery or controller, I think just some fairly badly chosen comedy.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ruler said:
Barozi said:
you compare indie games to regular $60 games.
That's your fault, not Metacritic's.

Same reason why mobile games receive 90s left and right, because no one is expecting them to be comparable to the likes of Witcher 3 or MGS 5.

Except for the fact that they dont cost 60$ but 40-50$ except for devils third. And a lot of these indies cost 20 bucks now, they get pretty overpriced and there is no option to buy them used.

http://www.amazon.com/Rodea-Sky-Soldier-Wii-U/dp/B00TXCBT4M

That's already 2 out of 3 and Fatal Frame is still at least twice as expensive as indie games.

Around the Network
Boberkun said:
Mummelmann said:

Would you like to point out the obvious bias in the reviews for these three titles in the OP?

Reviews are so biased...

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank