By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Despite the complaining over the lack of games, is Xenoblade X the only game Wii U owners really need this holiday season?

spemanig said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah, it's all I need for the holiday season.
But it would have been nice to have more than a handful of worthwhile games the first 11 months of the year. :(

Imagine being me then and feeling like the Wii U had absolutely zero worthwile games for the first 11 months of the year.

Why did you even keep the thing? You would have been better off selling it, cutting your loses and finding something else to game on.

Around the Network

For this holiday season I need:
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Fast Racing Neo
- Guitar Gero Live
- Lego Dimensions
- Devil´s Third

well.... considering the astonishing prices of games in my country, I´ll have to stick with only X and FRN for the holidays.

I dislike Xenoblade, the only game I'll buy for sure is Fast Racing Neo and then maybe choose one between Mario Tennis and Devil's Third, but neither of them appeal to me either. Hopefully Stella Glow and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel will provide my much needed JRPG fix.

KilleyMc said:
I dislike Xenoblade, the only game I'll buy for sure is Fast Racing Neo and then maybe choose one between Mario Tennis and Devil's Third, but neither of them appeal to me either. Hopefully Stella Glow and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel will provide my much needed JRPG fix.

I'd be cautious of getting one of these just cos it seems like there's nothing else. Both look to have some serious deficits. Perhaps you're better off looking to Wii U's backlog.

AlfredoTurkey said:

Why did you even keep the thing? You would have been better off selling it, cutting your loses and finding something else to game on.

Because selling consoles you own when you own so many games and know there are games coming out that you want is stupid and petty. Also, the PS4 and XBO aren't doing so much better software-wise that the switch would be worth it. Everyone's line up has been poor. The Wii U's, in particular, was just ass this year.

Around the Network
etking said:

It is the only game I will play this year (at all) and I preordered a Wii-U and a Pro controller for this because Xenoblade Chronicles was the by far best game I played within the last 10 years and the best JRPG since Chrono Cross, FFVIII and Dragon Quest V PS2.

It's almost December and you haven't played any game on any system this year yet?

JWeinCom said:
Unless you enjoy other genres of gaming...

This. If people aren't interested in jrpgs or xenoblade (which I assume describes most people), then they shouldn't have to wait months for another decent game

Mario Party 10 is the only anybody needs for Wii U. =)

will be the second wii u game i get this year the other was splatoon.. tho i still intend on picking up yoshi at some point

midrange said:
JWeinCom said:
Unless you enjoy other genres of gaming...

This. If people aren't interested in jrpgs or xenoblade (which I assume describes most people), then they shouldn't have to wait months for another decent game

And even if you do like JRPGS, you may not want to just focus on one genre.  I like RPGs, but I don't always want to play them.