By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Sony Treat Rise Of The Tombraider As A Relaunch?

Snoopy said:
gooch_destroyer said:

Or they can make their own? 

Nah, much easier to buy the game series out because it already has an establish fanbase. The current sales / microtransactions are probably enough to make microsoft a decent profit. So in the long run, it can benefit Microsoft espeically in the PR department.

Lol no, going by the numbers we are getting and if that was a Micrsoft game and it was releasing on Xbox One only and it only sold that much, that would be a bomb.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network

If anything the lesson MS would have learned from this venture is to NOT buy the Tomb Raider franchise. If they think they can entice the PS fanbase over to Xbox by making it a first party game they have little chance of suceeding. And it's pretty clear the Xbox TR fanbase is too small for it to succedd by itself. If they did bring it into the MS stable they'd have to make it a PC/Xbox exclusive to make it reasonably profitable, which kinda defeats the purpose of having something to entice people to buy Xbox.

Do Gears 4, then switch that team to a more TR/UC-esque new IP.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Protendo said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Rob5VGC said:

Nope. Not explaining.

No, feel free to elaborate.

Just look at the Finaly Fantasy Type Zero sales ratio. Not much more to say.

That wasn't a major western release. Final Fantasy VII is more significant in the west. Frankly, it wasn't a huge seller on PS4 either.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony money hatted FFVII so it wouldn't come to Xbox. But as of right now it seems the plan is to bring it to Xbox. By the time that game is ready the X1 userbase could be nearing 40 million.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

gooch_destroyer said:
Protendo said:

Plus, Square Enix hasn't been interested in putting Jp games on the Xbox lately. Wouldn't be shocked if FFXV and FH3 were the last ones. 

I think FFXV could do well on X1. I have little faith in KH3 because the series wasn't on Xbox.

Frankly, its possible MS assists SE finanaically to get big name titles on their platform.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Protendo said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Rob5VGC said:

Nope. Not explaining.

That wasn't a major western release. Final Fantasy VII is more significant in the west. Frankly, it wasn't a huge seller on PS4 either.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony money hatted FFVII so it wouldn't come to Xbox. But as of right now it seems the plan is to bring it to Xbox. By the time that game is ready the X1 userbase could be nearing 40 million.

Ok then, look at MGSV, even that didn't really sell well on XBO compared to PS4/PC. The majority of Xbox One gamers just don't care about Japanese games. It was different last gen because the 360 was in lead and Microsoft funded/bought Japanese games, this time they don't have either.

And I would say that MGS V is more enticing to Xbox One owners than Final Fantasy games.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Protendo said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Rob5VGC said:

Nope. Not explaining.

Ok then, look at MGSV, even that didn't really sell well on XBO compared to PS4/PC. The majority of Xbox One gamers just don't care about Japanese games. It was different last gen because the 360 was in lead and Microsoft funded/bought Japanese games, this time they don't have either.

And I would say that MGS V is more enticing to Xbox One owners than Final Fantasy games.

I think a lot of PS2 owners switching to 360 may have helped last gen, but this gen, it seems these people will be returning if they haven't already to the PS brand.  

I can't see Sony treating this as a relaunch, but I think they will be realistic with SE and CD, offer them the blog to promote it, maybe a dynamic theme, LBP dlc and small gestures such as.

What could really help is if they released it earlier and gave another FFXV demo with every copy.

Fei-Hung said:
I can't see Sony treating this as a relaunch, but I think they will be realistic with SE and CD, offer them the blog to promote it, maybe a dynamic theme, LBP dlc and small gestures such as.

What could really help is if they released it earlier and gave another FFXV demo with every copy.

An exclusive Final Fantasy 7 demo for PS4 with Tomb Riader would push some units. That's a fantastic idea.

Dr.Vita said:
Don't think so. They don't care for this.

Sure, why would Sony care for a franchise which is highly associated with the Playstation brand.

No idea, and depending on how consistent the lineup is for 2016, I can't say for its relevant. That being said, I found this funny