By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Ronda Rousey Just Got KTFO

Ronda wasn't arrogant. She was honest. When you are on top you can't be honest or you are seen as arrogant. Everyone looses sometime, no big deal. It was gonna happen eventually.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

Yeah she's supposed to be getting an immediate rematch but I don't know why. It wasn't a close fight. She was dominated.

AbbathTheGrim said:
Hope she learns some humility now. :)

Next, let's see fucking Conor McGregor lose, please happen.

Second this. 

I'm not embarrassed to say that it would give me no small amount of pleasure to see Aldo kick Conor's head off. 

it happens. this should've happen to Floyd Mayweather too.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
AbbathTheGrim said:
Dunban67 said:
looks like EA put the wrong girl on their cover

lmao, that cover pick had bad timing.

I guess Miesha Tate's chances for another shot at Ronda became a little more likely, unless she does retire.

Ronda: 'Miesha's best chances at a title shot is to wait for me to retire'

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/11/ronda-rousey-miesha-tates-best-shot-is-to-wait-until-i-retire-which-wont-be-long

Rob5VGC said:
This is good for the narratives.

I guess Holly is going to be in Fast & Furious 9 now...or was it 8? I lost count.

Ronda got to appeal to the general public because of her relative beauty, overconfidence and success on the octagon. She was/is some phenomenon that got to trascend beyond MMA, I don't see that happening with Holm. It isn't like whoever is champion gets contracts for films and stuff.

I wonder what impact, if any, this defeat will generate in the public eyes. She may still remain popular, but of course she won't be seen as the "unbeatable force".

No more "would Ronda beat Maywheather in a fight" headlines. Actually, the woman beater may be typing a tweet about Ronda's loss as I write this.

The ESPN cover reminds me of Pettis being the first MMA fighter on a Wheaties box. Dos Anjos thrashed him almost before the box was on store shelves. 

Rousey is in a very similar position to Gina Carano at this point in her career. Built up tremendously, plenty of press, fashion photo shoots, hype, film aspirations, etc. And then the hype train was derailed when Cris Cyborg demolished her. She effectively retired after that fight. 

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

it happens. this should've happen to Floyd Mayweather too.

Nope. Too well protected. Say what you will about Mayweather, his "Money Team" is no hyperbole; they have done their job well in preserving his record. 

Close to half of the people buying PPVs were probably doing so on the fool's chance of seeing him KOed.

greenmedic88 said:

Second this. 

I'm not embarrassed to say that it would give me no small amount of pleasure to see Aldo kick Conor's head off. 

That Conor guy. He's can be somewhat entertaining and that is part of his draw but he can be such an asshole. Like when he was referring to the guys he would train for TUF and he said that the guys he would train would be nothing to him because his friends are the only ones he cares for or something.

Then he warmed up to them and it is different now, but that is part of what pisses me off about him, the bullshit he talks.

He's a Trashcan Santa Claus.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Good. She's an arrogant wench.

AbbathTheGrim said:
greenmedic88 said:

Second this. 

That Conor guy. He's can be somewhat entertaining and that is part of his draw but he can be such an asshole. Like when he was referring to the guys he would train for TUF and he said that the guys he would train would be nothing to him because his friends are the only ones he cares for or something.

Then he warmed up to them and it is different now, but that is part of what pisses me off about him, the bullshit he talks.

He's a Trashcan Santa Claus.

He still has to be given his due: so far he's backed up everything he's said and just as with Mayweather, whose career/persona Conor is really blatantly trying to ape, there is both a large fanbase who go for that style of self promotion as well as a large base of fight fans who will pay money for the off chance that they see him get KOed. 

Not a fan of that type of fighter, but to each his own.

Is Rousey going to have to beat Holmes in a rematch to "come back" ? That may be a tough chore for her-