By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Zelda U - Clearly female link in image.

there isn't similarity between them

Around the Network

male of female link would be cool, i was against that but i dont care anymore. I JUST WANT MY ZELDA

Tachikoma said:
spemanig said:

I was going to refrain from posting here because this topic is beyond stupid and I don't want it on my VGC Buddy, but I just need to get at least one word in:

You know what I think? I think many of you are sexually attracted to this rendition of Link (and I don't blame you - he's very pretty boy with big, beautiful, deep blue eyes and golden-brown hair) and are praying that he just HAS to be a girl because "psh, I'm not into guys."

Especially not pretty ones with deep... blue eyes... And... flowing golden... locks...

Link is a girl! That's a girl! Totes a babe! I like women.

He's probably like 14, creeps.

It's been stated, multiple times, that Link when not in "child" segments of games, is 16.

And you are coming dangerously close to labeling other users as homophobic or paedophillic, so I suggest you stop.

It was very obviously a joke. Like very deliberately and obviously a joke. I don't actually think people are attracted to Link here or that they are afraid of being labeled as such. J.O.K.E. I'm not close to labeling anyone as anything because the whole post was clearly being made in jest, hence the drifting off in thought over his "big blue eyes" and the "creeps" spoiler tag made after writing an entire post about how attractive I felt Link was. The only thing I'm "dangerously close" to is a punchline.

And his past ages have no baring on how old he is here. There is no set age for how old he has to be when he's older than a child, and he does not look like an "adult Link" in this game at all, which is the 16 (or 17 in SS) year old Link.

Essays will be written on the topic of this forum thread years from now in gender studies classes...

Have a nice day...

spemanig said:
Tachikoma said:

It's been stated, multiple times, that Link when not in "child" segments of games, is 16.

And you are coming dangerously close to labeling other users as homophobic or paedophillic, so I suggest you stop.

It was very obviously a joke. Like very deliberately and obviously a joke. I don't actually think people are attracted to Link here or that they are afraid of being labeled as such. J.O.K.E. I'm not close to labeling anyone as anything because the whole post was clearly being made in jest, hence the drifting off in thought over his "big blue eyes" and the "creeps" spoiler tag made after writing an entire post about how attractive I felt Link was. The only thing I'm "dangerously close" to is a punchline.

And his past ages have no baring on how old he is here. There is no set age for how old he has to be when he's older than a child, and he does not look like an "adult Link" in this game at all, which is the 16 (or 17 in SS) year old Link.

Maybe this Link is actually an 1000 year old dragon presenting herself as a young teenage girl. Did you ever think about that?

Around the Network
t3mporary_126 said:
We are probably going to get to choose male or female if female Link is an option.

Would be cool if story-line changes if we choose one or the other as well like the love interest or if its Princess Zelda or Prince Francis we're rescuing.

having a female Link would be no good, the whole point is that Link is like part of a prophecy that periodically arrises; to change something as fundamental as him being a male would be akin to changing his main weapon from a sword to a gun- it just is not true to the franchise

I dig female heroes but I would encourage creating maybe a Zelda adventure game in which you PLAY as Zelda specifically rather than corrupt The Legend of Zelda with numerous choices and decisions regarding character

what makes Zelda games so good is that you can jump into them and just sort of have to accept how it is. its weirdly immersive and easy because we always sort of know what to expect in terms of basic storyline and character. I like that, its refreshing in today's gaming world where company's are constantly trying to give players option and creativity

oddly enough sometimes a little barriers and structure in terms of storyline and character can be nice

I don't see a female Link in that original link anyway, but I certainly don't think it would be a good idea. imagine changing Mario to a girl, or Samus a guy. simply because Link has a bit of a feminine look at times in the face does not equate the need to give the character a sex change or sex option. that's just a terrible idea

Can they give Link a little muscle and a beard or something. I feel he gets girlier and girlier every game. lol

It feels more like we're going to get "Skyrule", and that for the first time ever we'll get to choose Link's gender.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

spemanig said:

Tell that to the multiple people that reported your post.

You have a terrible sense of humor.

The Link in Zelda Wii U is clearly male. Just because a male character doesn't sport a beard and poor skin complex doesn't make him automatically a female. As a Taiwanese Chinese American, I understand why developed countries like Japan, Taiwan (Republic of China) and South Korea's youth like to look good. Just because a man wants to take care of their skin doesn't make them any less of a man. In fact, it makes them more progressive and not fall into the sterotypes of the past.