By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So, at the end, Splatoon will outsell Halo 5. HANDS DOWN!

Did you ever think this was possible!?

yes, since E3 2014 64 13.94%

Yes, after Splatoon launch 56 12.20%

Yes, after Halo first week in UK 80 17.43%

I never expected that. wow... 256 55.77%

Total:456
GamechaserBE said:
Insidb said:

By all accounts, you WAY overshot your estimates for Halo 5 (All indications point closer to <1.5M FW WW sales, physical AND digital). There are indications that point towards Halo 5 FW sales ~ Splatoon FQ sales. If Halo 5 sold in 1 week what Splatoon sold in 3 months, I don't know why anyone would ever think that it wouldn't outsell Splatoon. That's days versus MONTHS!

Not really we have no idea.

All we know is 935 for US first weekish. What about the rest for example Canada? 50k? 100k?   UK we know 150K but what about rest of Europe? Less than what has been sold in UK or more? What about all those bundles with digital copies? 10k?50k?200k? and then we know is was popular to get digital but how much is that? 50k?100k?  It are honestly are all wild guesses...

We do have quite a bit of data now, for the US and the UK, but Torillian already posted a good summary of what I would have said.

Around the Network

Halo 5 has already sold 1.5 mil... Splatoon will not sell more than Halo 5.

Haha! Spatoon been out for what? 6 months and it's sold 2.1 million, halo 5 has sold 1.5 in its first week! This thread is closed lol splatoon is never going to outsell Halo 5.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Well this one is over now, Halo could be up by a million after the holidays. Splatoon has had great sales especially for a new IP on the Wii U but beating Halo was never gonna happen.

StokedUp said:
Haha! Spatoon been out for what? 6 months and it's sold 2.1 million, halo 5 has sold 1.5 in its first week! This thread is closed lol splatoon is never going to outsell Halo 5.

Splatoon has actually sold 2.42 million as of Sept 30, but it never had a chance against Halo 5 regardless.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
AZWification said:
StokedUp said:

Splatoon has actually sold 2.42 million as of Sept 30, but it never had a chance against Halo 5 regardless.

It is still not fair because that is shipped plus digital whereas halo is only soldthrough with bundle.  We really dont know how much MS shipped.

StokedUp said:

2.4mil in 4 months to be exact but who's counting? Halo was over shipped I believe but should pull 5mil by end of year. Splatoon should be close to 4mil Imo. 

Guess legs will determine,  but halo should win but it isn't 100% at least not yet

Angelv577 said:
AZWification said:
StokedUp said:

It is still not fair because that is shipped plus digital whereas halo is only soldthrough with bundle.  We really dont know how much MS shipped.

How about we ask which game will make more money overall? Seems more fair :p

(my guess splatatatatoon)

Edit: I meant profit more for Nintendo/MS

Halo also has a lot of digital sales, I extremely doubt Wii U owners download games since the limitation of the hard drive.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

tbone51 said:
Angelv577 said:

How about we ask which game will make more money overall? Seems more fair :p

(my guess splatatatatoon)

Edit: I meant profit more for Nintendo/MS

I guess that's good for another thread but it will be all speculation at least from MS numbers.