By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So, at the end, Splatoon will outsell Halo 5. HANDS DOWN!

Did you ever think this was possible!?

yes, since E3 2014 64 13.94%

Yes, after Splatoon launch 56 12.20%

Yes, after Halo first week in UK 80 17.43%

I never expected that. wow... 256 55.77%

Total:456
Ali_16x said:

Halo also has a lot of digital sales, I extremely doubt Wii U owners download games since the limitation of the hard drive.

U can doubt but it has a lot of known digital sales. 

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Ali_16x said:

Halo also has a lot of digital sales, I extremely doubt Wii U owners download games since the limitation of the hard drive.

Do Sony and MS fans not realize you can use SD cards, USB flash drive or USB HDDs for game storage on Wii U?

And? How many do you think do that? That already limits digital sales, if sales of digital account for 20% on PS4/XBO, I extremely doubt it's even close to that number.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Yes splatoon has over performed and halo 5 has under performed but to even think splatoon will outsell halo 5 is crazy talk, halo 5 sold in 1 week what splatoon sold in its first 3 months

GProgrammer said:
Yes splatoon has over performed and halo 5 has under performed but to even think splatoon will outsell halo 5 is crazy talk, halo 5 sold in 1 week what splatoon sold in its first 3 months

I think Splatoon underperformed considering that they were expecting Mario Kart level of sales.

Lawlight said:
GProgrammer said:

I think Splatoon underperformed considering that they were expecting Mario Kart level of sales.

When did ever somebody expected that? It's getting compared now, but certainly NOT at launch. Only after Nintendo announced 1.62 millions shipped til July 1st did this start to getting compared, but not even expected just yet then, that came only late august/september.

@topic: It now depends on Halo's legs. Considering it's very weak start compared to the other games in the series and first reports telling that sales basically stopped the moment CoD hit the shelves, I fear the game's legs will might fall short compared to those splatoon tentacles on the long run.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Ali_16x said:
SpokenTruth said:
Ali_16x said:

Do Sony and MS fans not realize you can use SD cards, USB flash drive or USB HDDs for game storage on Wii U?

And? How many do you think do that? That already limits digital sales, if sales of digital account for 20% on PS4/XBO, I extremely doubt it's even close to that number.

More than you'd think.  While Nintendo's digital sales are obviously not as high as Sony or MS, they ahve become a pretty significant chunk.

It was 13% at the end of 2014 and it's been on a continuing trend since.  That's before Splatoon.

Lawlight said:
GProgrammer said:

No, you really don't and you're only saying this to spin the success into a negative.

____

As for it beating Halo 5, that's not likely to happen at all. 

Exactly!Sadly, No surprise about that based on his history... I think I can't say or it's  not being prudent to say more, that's enough.

Lawlight...

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-is-surprised-with-splatoons-success/

Sure, Nintendo expected mario kart 8 level of sales...

The chart OP posted was very misleading. First off, outside of Halo 3 all the other Halo games had half a month to itself. Second off, it doesn't include digital sales which is more relevant this gen than the past gen. Very funny stuff. Reminds me when people told me that Nintendo Wii U will outsale the xbox one.

Ali_16x said:
SpokenTruth said:
Ali_16x said:

Japan had 167 digital sales for Splatoon and around 730k retail. US has huge digital sales too so yeah..... 

Lawlight said:
GProgrammer said:

OK buddy Splatoon under performed lol. Ps4 is also under performing WW in sales. XD

Edit: Splatoon sold more than mk8 in its second quarter so... 

tbone51 said:
Ali_16x said:

Japan had 167 digital sales for Splatoon and around 730k retail. US has huge digital sales too so yeah..... 

Insane...

So the 18% of splatoon sales in Japan are digital copies... Wow!

Although, the fact that splatoon was getting sold out in Japan very often, must have contributed  quite a lot in having so high digital sales in Japan...:P