By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So, at the end, Splatoon will outsell Halo 5. HANDS DOWN!

Did you ever think this was possible!?

yes, since E3 2014 64 13.94%

Yes, after Splatoon launch 56 12.20%

Yes, after Halo first week in UK 80 17.43%

I never expected that. wow... 256 55.77%

Total:456

This gen everytime people compared something related Nintendo Wiiu with MS Xbox one it ended wrong for Nintendo. Last year we had some weeks or longer where WiiU did better than Xbox one and that lead to a thread where people started to believe WiiU can outsell Xbox one.... I only know that Splatoon is a bigger succes than the neutral gamers/analysts predicted and we sadly have no way to track digital sales.

Around the Network
Insidb said:
Snoopy said:

Splatoon according to this site is at 2 million. Halo 5 world wide sales first week (retail not digital) is already around those numbers (probably around 2.5 million). If we could include digital it is already over in the first week. I don't see that happening.

By all accounts, you WAY overshot your estimates for Halo 5 (All indications point closer to <1.5M FW WW sales, physical AND digital). There are indications that point towards Halo 5 FW sales ~ Splatoon FQ sales. If Halo 5 sold in 1 week what Splatoon sold in 3 months, I don't know why anyone would ever think that it wouldn't outsell Splatoon. That's days versus MONTHS!

Not really we have no idea.

All we know is 935 for US first weekish. What about the rest for example Canada? 50k? 100k?   UK we know 150K but what about rest of Europe? Less than what has been sold in UK or more? What about all those bundles with digital copies? 10k?50k?200k? and then we know is was popular to get digital but how much is that? 50k?100k?  It are honestly are all wild guesses...

Qwark said:
OneKartVita said:

If the Wii U gets a successor it's legs will die off.  So are you including a future NX port in your prediction? 

Halo 5 is going to break 7.5 million it's going to sell another 750k at black friday and another 750k during holidays. At the end of this year Halo will already have sold over 3 million units.

I can't see it selling 750k during BF. Reports suggest that in the US it's strongest market,  halo sales dropped off a cliff after Bo3 released.  Imagine what fallout 4 has done and imagine what battlefront will do.  

Guys.. Black Friday..

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Maybe its time to really "finish the fight"! xD

In seriouness now, it will depend on their legs. Halo typically has good legs. Splatoon has been a good surprise,

Around the Network
Insidb said:
Snoopy said:

Splatoon according to this site is at 2 million. Halo 5 world wide sales first week (retail not digital) is already around those numbers (probably around 2.5 million). If we could include digital it is already over in the first week. I don't see that happening.

By all accounts, you WAY overshot your estimates for Halo 5 (All indications point closer to <1.5M FW WW sales, physical AND digital). There are indications that point towards Halo 5 FW sales ~ Splatoon FQ sales. If Halo 5 sold in 1 week what Splatoon sold in 3 months, I don't know why anyone would ever think that it wouldn't outsell Splatoon. That's days versus MONTHS!

I might be wrong, but destiny, cod , ect sales were 50 percent regarding UK and everywhere else in the world for xbox one. If that is the case, Halo 5 should post the same numbers. Then, if we include digital, splatoon got owned.

Snoopy said:
Insidb said:

I might be wrong, but destiny, cod , ect sales were 50 percent regarding UK and everywhere else in the world for xbox one. If that is the case, Halo 5 should post the same numbers. Then, if we include digital, splatoon got owned.

For Destiny the US and UK made up 74.9% of the total week one sales and 79.8% of the overall sales for Destiny on Xone were from UK and US.

For Halo MCC UK and US were 75.4% of the total sales.

For CoD Ghosts they were 80.7% of total sales.

For Titanfall they were 79.4%.

Basically there's no shooter on Xone to my knowledge where the UK and US made up only 50% of the worldwide sales, and in face there doesn't appear to be any below ~75%.

I don't think that's happening. One week of halo 5 at almost 1 mil, vs months of splatoon, I just don't believe halo 5 will stop selling. One week and people think halo 5 has sold what it's going to sell. Come on now. Atleast wait until the year ends to make this type of conclusion.

Splatoon had a 5 month head start on a console that gets little support. NPD only covered a few days of Oct. and UK isn't the whole world. There's also people waiting till black friday sales since the game was released less than a month before BF, MS will sell a ton of consoles and games over the next month. When Splatoon got released in May of course people who's Wii U was gathering dust would want something new to play.

Besides unless you want to resell your games, there is no reason to buy retail on XB because it uses the HD regardless of whether or not you have a disc or digital so I'm sure more people this gen just buy digital for games they want long term like Halo 5.

Splatoon will not outsell Halo 5 lifetime.

Halo 5 will outsell splatoon. It's that simple, I mean c'mon give the game chance. It will sell well at Xmas. Splatoon done great but noway it will end up anywhere 5 million sold, there just isn't enough wii u's out there. Maybe Splatoon 2 on NX ( if Nintendo market it right this time) will be in with a chance though