By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Twilight Princess HD Screenshots (High quality)

I miss the bloom from the original :/

Around the Network

if this port doesn't fix the stupid animation every time I open a chest with rupees then no buy!!!

sc94597 said:
Miyamotoo said:
Scisca said:
captain carot said:

Haha, i dislike it too.

Sure, WW HD looks different. But at the same time WW GC without all those changes but in HD also looks good. And often not that much different. I'd really say that TP HD would've benefited more from an overhaul as big as Wind Wakers, even if it keeps the low poly meshes.

Agreed. TP has the best art style to date, the screens from OP show just how wonderful it is. If they gave the port a tiny bit of love, the game would be stunning again. Better lightning, more poligons in the environment, improve the grass (Zelda U inspiration possible) and you have a game worthy of a full retail release instead of a quick cheap cash grab.

In order to TP be stunning again it would need full remake not HD port/remaster. And they certainly give this HD port more than tiny bit of love, just replacing all those textures was huge job. Actually I think TP HD was bigger job than doing WW HD, but because of different art style, WW HD looks much better. But TP HD definitely would have new lithinging.

It is very possible that the textures are just the original textures uncompressed (like in WWHD.) When creating standard definition games Nintendo would create high-quality textures and then compress them. In some games like the Metroid Prime series it doesn't even seem like they compressed them, it just wasn't noticeable until you would play them in HD. So the textures in TP (original) are compressed, and the ones in TP (Wii U) are not. No new textures would have to be created in that scenario. 

Tantalus is working on this port around 2 years, i don't think they will work for so long that is case you describe.

Nintendo stated that they finished WW HD for only 6 months.

curl-6 said:
Scisca said:

TP has the best art style to date

Finally, someone else who appreciates the darker style of TP. :D

Fact is that we all have different tastes, but also is fact that TP because of art style is 3D Zelda that aged worst.

cycycychris said:
curl-6 said:

Off screen play and a Gamepad menu seem like givens.

Hopefully it also includes gyro aiming.

They are almost certainly included with probably some sort of hero mode and other adjustments to make the game flow better. Maybe even a new dungeon and side missions. 

I can wait to hear about other improvements and implications that are not just graphica, it's almost certainly we will have Hero mode and great gamepad integration like WW HD, but what else!?

Some side missions or quests would great but chances are slim for something like that, more caves in world with heart picess would be good, but surely we will not have new dungeon.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

Fact is that we all have different tastes, but also is fact that TP because of art style is 3DS Zelda that aged worst.

Wind Waker hasn't aged much, I'll give it that. It was hideous in 2003 and it remains hideous in 2015. :P

AgentZorn said:
They should have invested a bit into a new lighting engine that would have made the game look better. Also I don't think making comparisons to TP Dolphin is fair. Tantalus also had to port the game.

So what? With Wii U still based on the same CPU architecture that port shouldn't have been that difficult. Should've been possible to add a new dynamic lighting system, change some of the really outdated effects for better ones.

Compairing to Dolphin is fair because HD texture packsare basically what we see here together with higher res.

And yes, it is unfair. For the modders. They're hobbyists and texture packs often are done by one person.

Miyamotoo said:

I can wait to hear about other improvements and implications that are not just graphica, it's almost certainly we will have Hero mode and great gamepad integration like WW HD, but what else!?

Some side missions or quests would great but chances are slim for something like that, more caves in world with heart picess would be good, but surely we will not have new dungeon.

WWHD didn't add new areas. Don't count on this game doing so. If they couldn't even update the visuals to not look terrible, they definitely aren't adding new caves and side quests.

spemanig said:
Miyamotoo said:

WWHD didn't add new areas. Don't count on this game doing so. If they couldn't even update the visuals to not look terrible, they definitely aren't adding new caves and side quests.

I dont have hi expectations, but in WW HD the correct some big flaws like speed of sailing and Tri Force Hunt, so I think they maybe could similar with TP HD too.

Miyamotoo said:

I dont have hi expectations, but in WW HD the correct some big flaws like speed of sailing and Tri Force Hunt, so I think they maybe could similar with TP HD too.

WW had one very simple problem with a very simple solution. Has a lot of problems with absolutely no simple solution. Making Epona run faster isn't going to make TPs barren overworld any less of a chore and a bore to traverse through, as one small example. They'd need to redesign the entire game, which they've already proven they aren't doing.