By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Twilight Princess HD Screenshots (High quality)

spemanig said:
Miyamotoo said:

I dont have hi expectations, but in WW HD the correct some big flaws like speed of sailing and Tri Force Hunt, so I think they maybe could similar with TP HD too.

WW had one very simple problem with a very simple solution. Has a lot of problems with absolutely no simple solution. Making Epona run faster isn't going to make TPs barren overworld any less of a chore and a bore to traverse through, as one small example. They'd need to redesign the entire game, which they've already proven they aren't doing.

WW has the most empty overworld of any 3D Zelda game. It's also the most rushed 3D Zelda game and it's very noticable in the second half of the game. In fact, every 3D Zelda games had an empty overworld with the exception of Majora's Mask (although that's mostly confined to Clocktown as well).

WW's overworld consists of 90% water that all looks the same. There's nothing worth doing in the ocean.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Miyamotoo said:

I dont have hi expectations, but in WW HD the correct some big flaws like speed of sailing and Tri Force Hunt, so I think they maybe could similar with TP HD too.

WW had one very simple problem with a very simple solution. Has a lot of problems with absolutely no simple solution. Making Epona run faster isn't going to make TPs barren overworld any less of a chore and a bore to traverse through, as one small example. They'd need to redesign the entire game, which they've already proven they aren't doing.

I know all that, but I they improved game in some other ways to except graphical.

Alkibiádēs said:
spemanig said:
Miyamotoo said:

WW has the most empty overworld of any 3D Zelda game. It's also the most rushed 3D Zelda game and it's very noticable in the second half of the game. In fact, every 3D Zelda games had an empty overworld with the exception of Majora's Mask (although that's mostly confined to Clocktown as well).

WW's overworld consists of 90% water that all looks the same. There's nothing worth doing in the ocean.

Dont agree, most empty overlord definitely has TP, huge and very empty world. WW at least has islands on which you can do some things, TP basically don't have nothing in overworld.

What I'm worried about is wether the music in the comparison video I saw the other day will be in the final game... that was an horrible remix and it made my ears bleed.

Alkibiádēs said:

No, it doesn't. It has the second most filled, behind only Skyward Sword's ground sections, and that's only if we ignore the flying sections, which I generously am. None of the other overworlds come close exept for MM. That's not even opinion - what you're saying is factually incorrect. Pretending that the non-major islands in WW aren't part of the overworld is just that - pretending. It has more to do in its overworld as a rushed, half finished game than TP, OoT, SSs real overworld in the sky, and MM. There's quantifiably more of substance to do in the over world of WW than in any other 3D Zelda.

Around the Network

I must have missed the announcement thread, so I will post my thoughts here.

Who is this for? Was there really such a clamoring for a remaster of Twilight Princess? The game is only 9 years old, and was on just the previous console. It was still playable on the current console due to backwards compatibility too.

I understand the Ocarina and Majora's remakes. Those games were pretty old by that point, and several generations back as well. They were only playable via virtual console, so it made sense. The Wind Waker was 11 years old and not playable in any current format.

Is this really where Nintendo is making the best use of its resources? I can only hope it was cheap and didn't take much time.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:

Who is this for? Was there really such a clamoring for a remaster of Twilight Princess? The game is only 9 years old, and was on just the previous console. It was still playable on the current console due to backwards compatibility too.

I understand the Ocarina and Majora's remakes. Those games were pretty old by that point, and several generations back as well. They were only playable via virtual console, so it made sense. The Wind Waker was 11 years old and not playable in any current format.

Is this really where Nintendo is making the best use of its resources? I can only hope it was cheap and didn't take much time.

Yeah but in fairness TP looked rubbish the day it came out. And theRE may be thousands of fans like me who haven't really played it before much simply cos the graphics are too muddy and blurry so yeah for me its great news

Miyamotoo said:
Alkibiádēs said:
spemanig said:
Miyamotoo said:

Dont agree, most empty overlord definitely has TP, huge and very empty world. WW at least has islands on which you can do some things, TP basically don't have nothing in overworld.

Most of the islands are filled with nothing as well... TP has quite a few more dungeons/temples.

WW has literally nothing to do in the overworld.

spemanig said:
Alkibiádēs said:

No, it doesn't. It has the second most filled, behind only Skyward Sword's ground sections, and that's only if we ignore the flying sections, which I generously am. None of the other overworlds come close exept for MM. That's not even opinion - what you're saying is factually incorrect. Pretending that the non-major islands in WW aren't part of the overworld is just that - pretending. It has more to do in its overworld as a rushed, half finished game than TP, OoT, SSs real overworld in the sky, and MM. There's quantifiably more of substance to do in the over world of WW than in any other 3D Zelda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivl1QfzTatw&feature=youtu.be&t=989

You're in some serious denial if you believe WW is the second most filled (and lol at SS, that game makes you repeat every area like 3 times, it's that barren). Watch the whole review to see how rushed WW really was. It only has 5 dungeons and no interesting side quests to make up for it.

Nogamez said:
theRepublic said:

Yeah but in fairness TP looked rubbish the day it came out. And theRE may be thousands of fans like me who haven't really played it before much simply cos the graphics are too muddy and blurry so yeah for me its great news

For a Wii launch title, I thought it looked great.  I did play it as it was meant to be played though.  On a CRT TV.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)