By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it FAIR for sony to win this generation?

Tagged games:

Nem said:
Was it fair for Microsoft to "win" last gen?

Business isnt about fairness i'm afraid.

1.Bolded: What did microsoft win last gen?

2.Bolded: Well, I'm not in the business I'm just a consumer so why should we as consumer look at it as business?

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
It's more than fair.

Microsoft gave a giant 'fuck you' to gamers everyhwere, Nintendo did their own thing and then were surprised when people were like 'but we didn't even want that...' while Sony did exactly what people wanted. They deserve to win and they deserve to win BIG!

^ this.

outlawauron said:
97alexk said:

No one is going to win a console generation. stop this winning,and the best thing. they all have there strengths and weaknesses. and all people have their preferences. owning a Wii U or a xbox one just be just as satisfying as owning a ps4 or the other way around. Stop with console wars. Im tired of it

You may want to double check the site you're on. It's dedicated to tracking and giving an order for how each console is doing.

While the last part is subjective, there's almost always a coorelation between userbase and games.

This site is deticated to sales numbers of consoles. when something sells good ofc you can show happiniess lol. but dont make these "who will win this console generation" that is supporting console wars

Its not realy a question of merit is it ? Ppl will buy what theyll buy fr theyre own reasons, they dont realy care if Sony ,MS or Nintendo deserve it or not.

I think they did. The Ps4 deserves it way more than anything else.

but the vita failed sales wise and from sonys end it deserved too. There's nothing stopping them having a Dev team dedicated to AAA vita games. They should have made a new God of war and gran turismo for the vita. Also I'd say courting take two and SE to make a new crisis core and San Andreas stories.

Anyway the competition in the home console market has got most of their heavy hitters out and still didn't make a difference. Ps4 managed to be dominant without many of its biggest hitters in the first 2 years. It just shows you how strong they are in the gaming world.

Around the Network
WebMasterFlex said:
We go again with that kind of thread ? The winner is the winner. Last gen Wii won the generation and that was the end of discussion.

No but that wasn't fair that a non Sony console won. 

OP: 

If the Wii taught me something about the spin...
...ah no worth it with just hours left for a Nintendo Direct.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Does Sony deserve to win this generation? Well, I suppose this depends on your definition of deserve. Do they deserve it because Microsoft and Nintendo handed this generation over to them? Yes they do. Do they deserve to win just because this is the 8th generation of video game consoles? No.

Much akin towards Teeqoz-Sans statement, for me, there really is no company deserving to win. Each competing console will finish out depending on how that company responds towards the current demand of what we as gamers, would like to have in the next console. If anything, appeasing towards your fanbase as a company and finding new ways to increase your current install base should always be top priority; regardless of who will finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Sprash said:
97alexk said:

No one is going to win a console generation. stop this winning,and the best thing. they all have there strengths and weaknesses. and all people have their preferences. owning a Wii U or a xbox one just be just as satisfying as owning a ps4 or the other way around. Stop with console wars. Im tired of it.

Sorry, for making a thread that has something to do how the consoles are selling on a site about how much consoles and games are selling, I won't do it again :/

you didnt even like mention sales in your op, you talked about third party support. and you can go make sells threads but contiueing on these "who deserved the trophy" kind of thing is cancerous to the gaming community.

Behold the power of third parties and a bad launch. That's all it boils down to as exclusives mean less and less each gen.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS