By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it FAIR for sony to win this generation?

Tagged games:

Sprash said:
97alexk said:
Sprash said:
97alexk said:
outlawauron said:

You may want to double check the site you're on. It's dedicated to tracking and giving an order for how each console is doing.

While the last part is subjective, there's almost always a coorelation between userbase and games.

This site is deticated to sales numbers of consoles. when something sells good ofc you can show happiniess lol. but dont make these "who will win this console generation" that is supporting console wars

So the site is deticated to sales numbers of console but we can't compare them and we also can't make any prediction now on this site because it would fuel the console wars, so what can we do with the sales of consoles on this site?

you didnt compare sale numbers. you wanted to see if i would be fair if sony would win. did you see me writing anything against prediction threads? no. your thread is not a prediction. i say it again. you said if it would be fair if sony would win this console generation, thats not a prediction of whats gonna happen but a feedback thread

So, then I just ask how my thread in your opinion is supporting console wars?

well im just gonna mention. that im not attacking you or your opinion, but attacking the idea of console wars. because im just tired of it. Doing that vs that threads is not bad. also doing it with sales fine. but the whole winning a console generation has done more bad than good. i guarantee you that. The only thrill it contributes is it threads and the supporter of that console. I think ps4 has done a fantastic job of not letting the hardcore market go away. Good games they have too. I dont personally own a ps4. Why? because im not interested in most of their games. i Am however interested in like ratchet and clank. but i cant see myself buying a ps4 for that reason alone. also money is an issue as always. Now my replies have gone a bit off course i have to admit that. Like it sounds now im complaining about weird things doesnt it. but i just want the whole ''who won the console gen'' to end, and the whole '' i hate that console because it has stupid mario on it , and mario is for kids'' Im that kind of person who wants small games to be more recognised and thought of. Maybe a weird and stupid thought, but i cant help myself to root for the underdog.So thats what i mostly think about it. Less winning and console wars and stuff, and more shared opinions. I dont see how anyone would want to see someone else fail just so it justify their purchase. the only thing i could see is a unified console. but that wont be happening

Around the Network
Sprash said:
97alexk said:
Sprash said:
97alexk said:
Sprash said:
97alexk said:

No one is going to win a console generation. stop this winning,and the best thing. they all have there strengths and weaknesses. and all people have their preferences. owning a Wii U or a xbox one just be just as satisfying as owning a ps4 or the other way around. Stop with console wars. Im tired of it.

Sorry, for making a thread that has something to do how the consoles are selling on a site about how much consoles and games are selling, I won't do it again :/

you didnt even like mention sales in your op, you talked about third party support. and you can go make sells threads but contiueing on these "who deserved the trophy" kind of thing is cancerous to the gaming community.

No not really I just want the opinion from everyone here if they agree or disagree with me, I don't even trash or talk bad about mircosoft or nintendo so how is that thread cancerous? So we can also stop with all these npd thread about who sold the most, who is winning?

well i respect your opinion. but you said in your op if it would be fair if sony won? that is starting a console war thread

So did a console war happened in this thread?

yes, but its a mild one compared to others

daredevil.shark said:
I like to collect my retail copies. If Sony wasnt there DRM will be rampant in this gen (thought its coming next gen). Sony really deserves the win.

After the uproar that happened this gen you really think either one of these companies are going to try this again? I'm not saying it wont eventually happen but I'd be shocked at either one of them having the balls to try this again next gen. Could you imagine being in a meeting with the xbox division and going "Hey guys I know we got reamed and basically lost the whole generation for trying to do DRM with the X1 but I think we should try it again".

I think console wars work like politics, because they are politics in a sense. Is it fair for any political candidate to win anything? Was it deserved? It depends on whom you ask and opinions can sway as their term progress. I don't think anyone has a definite answer until everything is said and done. And sometimes a lot of time needs to pass before an objective and educated conclusion can be achieved. 

I think most people opinions on the current gen consoles are uneducated and based on perception. That would include me too, of course, if I wasn't psychic, didn't own a time machine and my brain wasn't water cooled and supercharged. But we all know the truth is that everything I say is bullshi... I mean fact.

That last paragraph was a joke. Ok?

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Sprash said:
FloatingWaffles said:
There is no such thing as a company "deserving" to win something because deserving is subjective.

Some could say they think the PS4 deserves to win because blah blah blah.
Some could say they think the Xbox One deserves to win because blah blah blah.
Some could say they think the Wii U deserves to win because blah blah blah.

It all comes down to opinion, and more specifically whoever is biased towards whichever company will usually pick that company.

So you say that there is no such thing, just to say in the same sentence there is such a thing (subjective)?

If it is subjective then answer in your subjective opinion and say if you agree with this thread or not.

There is no such thing in a business of deserving to win because it doesn't work that way in the industry. Let's say Nintendo worked the hardest out of the 8th generation by the end of it. Do they "deserve" to win just because of that? No, because the PS4 either way sold more to customers. 

That's what it's about, whoever can draw more customers to thir product than the others. It's not like someone telling someone else "Oh, you know what? You tried your best. Here's something for you" to someone that got 3rd place. 

It's also subjective because people are biasted towards their favorite companies, which is why it doesn't work that way. 

To answer your question I don't agree with this thread because it is subjective.

Around the Network
Sprash said:

Can microsoft pull a ps3 this generation or is it really lost for them to catch up?

Where is the NX going to be? catching up to the xbox one or even the ps4 or won't it not even come close to the xbox one by the end?

Microsoft can easily catch up and pass PS4 in the US. World wide is a losing cause though. I think they'd be better served focusing on the US from now on and forget Japan all together. 

Nintendo's next console is a hard one to gauge because it's going to be mid generation. Anything can happen with that console. Either way, I'm all in day one because well... Nintendo.

FloatingWaffles said:
Sprash said:
FloatingWaffles said:
There is no such thing as a company "deserving" to win something because deserving is subjective.

It all comes down to opinion, and more specifically whoever is biased towards whichever company will usually pick that company.

So you say that there is no such thing, just to say in the same sentence there is such a thing (subjective)?

If it is subjective then answer in your subjective opinion and say if you agree with this thread or not.

There is no such thing in a business of deserving to win because it doesn't work that way in the industry. Let's say Nintendo worked the hardest out of the 8th generation by the end of it. Do they "deserve" to win just because of that? No, because the PS4 either way sold more to customers. 

That's what it's about, whoever can draw more customers to thir product than the others. It's not like someone telling someone else "Oh, you know what? You tried your best. Here's something for you" to someone that got 3rd place. 

It's also subjective because people are biasted towards their favorite companies.

Who is talking about business aren't we all consumer (or people who have gaming as a hobby)? I'm not in the business it's my hobby so I look at it from this standpoint and say it is fair and (deserved) for sony to win this generation.

Of course it is all subjective so just answer this thread what you have to say about it agree->disagree.

Sprash said:
FloatingWaffles said:
Sprash said:
FloatingWaffles said:

It's also subjective because people are biasted towards their favorite companies.

Who is talking about business aren't we all consumer (or people who have gaming as a hobby)? I'm not in the business it's my hobby so I look at it from this standpoint and say it is fair and (deserved) for sony to win this generation.

Of course it is all subjective so just answer this thread what you have to say about it agree->disagree.

What I meant by business was about how in the gaming industry it doesn't work on a "who deserved it the most" basis because of it being subjective and bias, etc.

So everyone could say who they think deserves it but it's their opinion. I guess i'm just reading too much into this.

I feel like Sony did a good job to acquire the success they have with the PS4. I usually find myself wanting to support the underdog  console more though so I feel like that's why I want to see the Xbox One or Wii U make a comeback. Makes it all more interesting. :p

Plus the generation isn't over yet, anything can change.

FloatingWaffles said:
Sprash said:
FloatingWaffles said:
Sprash said:
FloatingWaffles said:

What I meant by business was about how in the gaming industry it doesn't work on a "who deserved it the most" basis because of it being subjective and bias, etc.

So everyone could say who they think deserves it but it's their opinion. I guess i'm just reading too much into this.

I feel like Sony did a good job to acquire the success they have with the PS4. I usually find myself wanting to support the underdog  console more though so I feel like that's why I want to see the Xbox One or Wii U make a comeback. Makes it all more interesting. :p

Plus the generation isn't over yet, anything can change.

I say you really did, read to much into this :)

the rest is that what I wanted to read, you would want let's say for the NX (so nintendo) and the xbox one to make a comeback, so what would be your guess how big of a chance does microsoft and nintendo have to put more pressure on sony (like microsoft winning us and uk and Nx maybe getting good marketshare in japan)?

I'll be honest. After defeating themselves with the PS3(but ended up on a good note as time passed), I had a feeling Sony would return to their PS1 and 2 ways with the PS4. Are they doing it? Yes. Are they bringing the variety of games their previous consoles had that their competitors can't match when you compare loss/gain if you only own one console? Yes. Do they have a company(Japanese) like [REDACTED] saying they want to "help spread more PS4's" and "want to help give gamers a reason to buy a PS4"? Yes. Does Sony deserve the win? Not yet. Come back after the FF 7 Remake.