By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Minecraft coming to Wii U

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
Didn't MS buy Minecraft?

No, it was all a dream o_O

Around the Network
Guitarguy said:
Good news, although I don't really see it blowing up the charts.... Nintendo fans are very select in what they like. It seems that if the game doesn't have Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Samus or Link, it won't sell(look at Bayonetta II for example). Hope I am wrong but I don't see Nintendo fans flocking to buy Minecraft on Wii U...

Actualy Disney games, Skylanders, Lego games and similar games are selling good on Nintendo platforms, much better than some Call Of Duty, so Minecraft will certainly be popular on Nintendo platform also.

I can't say I'm very excited about that... I just hope that if this is true they don't focus the Direct in it, as it's a widely known game.

Miyamotoo said:
Guitarguy said:
Good news, although I don't really see it blowing up the charts.... Nintendo fans are very select in what they like. It seems that if the game doesn't have Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Samus or Link, it won't sell(look at Bayonetta II for example). Hope I am wrong but I don't see Nintendo fans flocking to buy Minecraft on Wii U...

Actualy Disney games, Skylanders, Lego games and similar games are selling good on Nintendo platforms, much better than some Call Of Duty, so Minecraft will certainly be popular on Nintendo platform also.

We shall see soon enough :) I benefit nothing if it sells poorly or greatly.

Will it be digital only or avalible through retail too?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
A bit too late, but very welcome!

It is welcome, but it's never too late we are talking minecraft after all, this game will be around a long time

the_dengle said:
Holy shit. Something that seemed totally boring 18 months ago takes on a whole new meaning in a world of amiibo and Smash Ballots.

The thing is.. Minecraft is (was?) so strong that moved a considerable amount of Vitas. If it helped Vita(!) it could help to sell some Wii Us too.

It's not "big" news, indeed, but I hope we can see a small boost.

Tachikoma said:
Cloudman said:
Hmm, if it's true, it seems very late, but I would check it out. I always felt MC on the Wii U could be the best console version.

Personal opinion here but that'd be Minecraft Vita.

Silly Tachi, handhelds aren't consoles

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Vita version. I don't know much about it though. My biggest gripe with the console version is that you can't manually craft items using the crafting grid. If the Vita version has that one too, I would strongly consider picking that one too.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Minecraft!!!

Cloudman said:
Tachikoma said:
Cloudman said:
Hmm, if it's true, it seems very late, but I would check it out. I always felt MC on the Wii U could be the best console version.

Personal opinion here but that'd be Minecraft Vita.

Silly Tachi, handhelds aren't consoles

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Vita version. I don't know much about it though. My biggest gripe with the console version is that you can't manually craft items using the crafting grid. If the Vita version has that one too, I would strongly consider picking that one too.

I just pick it because nothing kills time on a long flight quite like building a fort