By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2015 NPD Thread! Everything is in the OP!

Oh man, this is going to be exciting. This NPD should be huger than any new launch game.

Whoever wins, the entertainment will keep rolling in either way.

Around the Network

Somebody said civil? Like civil war?

What are the chances we will get vita numbers?

tagg

Oh boy, Nintendo Direct at 10 than NPD an hour later?

Tonights gonna be busy!

Around the Network

This should be interesting. It's odd that VGC has PS4 winning by like 50k.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

It is going to be quite close. Should be quite interesting for sure!

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Carl2291 said:
Oh boy, Nintendo Direct at 10 than NPD an hour later?

Tonights gonna be busy!

Machina said:

Fuck off. No, I don't.

I'm happy to accept all sorts of criticism for the software sales since taking them over. It's been a mighty learning curve and I've made plenty of mistakes over the last couple of weeks. You can criticise those mistakes or argue that the extrapoaltions from the samples we receive are well off all you like, but I'm not going to be accused of making the figures up on a whim on our own website. I'm doing my best and hope to improve the accuracy of the figures over time and to make timely adjustments based on official data once I'm given that functionality.

I don't really know who you are or what you do, except from cursing me out on the forums. I do however know that VGC extrapolates numbers out of thin air, as we learned from the entire Spiderman XOne debacle, when they extrapolated sales numbers for a game that hasn't even released. Or how they extrapolated numbers of Borderlands 2 on Vita when that game was available only in a bundle and gotten an about 900% sales difference.

Or numerous other times when VGC had to go back and adjust their numbers by 100% or more after official announcements. 

Maybe you are not making numbers up straight away, but your numbers are atrocious and unreliable, laughable at the least. Nice of you to put up an effort, but I do not have to accept your poor attempts at extrapolating crappy numbers from poor sources.

Keep up the poor work, you are obviously not qualified to do better.

Burek said:
Machina said:

Fuck off. No, I don't.

I'm happy to accept all sorts of criticism for the software sales since taking them over. It's been a mighty learning curve and I've made plenty of mistakes over the last couple of weeks. You can criticise those mistakes or argue that the extrapoaltions from the samples we receive are well off all you like, but I'm not going to be accused of making the figures up on a whim on our own website. I'm doing my best and hope to improve the accuracy of the figures over time and to make timely adjustments based on official data once I'm given that functionality.

I don't really know who you are or what you do, except from cursing me out on the forums. I do however know that VGC extrapolates numbers out of thin air, as we learned from the entire Spiderman XOne debacle, when they extrapolated sales numbers for a game that hasn't even released. Or how they extrapolated numbers of Borderlands 2 on Vita when that game was available only in a bundle and gotten an about 900% sales difference.

Or numerous other times when VGC had to go back and adjust their numbers by 100% or more after official announcements. 

Maybe you are not making numbers up straight away, but your numbers are atrocious and unreliable, laughable at the least. Nice of you to put up an effort, but I do not have to accept your poor attempts at extrapolating crappy numbers from poor sources.

Keep up the poor work, you are obviously not qualified to do better.

Psssst...he took over the software charts not that long ago. By saying VGC is bullshitting the numbers, you're litterally saying HE is bullshitting the numbers.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.