By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2015 NPD Thread! Everything is in the OP!

Normchacho said:

Psssst...he took over the software charts not that long ago. By saying VGC is bullshitting the numbers, you're litterally saying HE is bullshitting the numbers.

I know that, but I do believe that they have no source. Just educated guesses that sometimes succeed more often don't.

This, compounded by their asking the users here to gather official numbers so that they can go back and correct their guesses just solidifies my belief. 

Around the Network
Burek said:
Normchacho said:

Psssst...he took over the software charts not that long ago. By saying VGC is bullshitting the numbers, you're litterally saying HE is bullshitting the numbers.

I know that, but I do believe that they have no source. Just educated guesses that sometimes succeed more often don't.

This, compounded by their asking the users here to gather official numbers so that they can go back and correct their guesses just solidifies my belief. 

You have a point with sales of unreleased games. But asking for official numbers isn't an issue, it's a plus, and something we should thank him for because ioi rarely bothered with adjusting the numbers and matching them with the official data.

Machina said:

Fuck off. No, I don't.

I'm happy to accept all sorts of criticism for the software sales since taking them over. It's been a mighty learning curve and I've made plenty of mistakes over the last couple of weeks. You can criticise those mistakes or argue that the extrapoaltions from the samples we receive are well off all you like, but I'm not going to be accused of making the figures up on a whim on our own website. I'm doing my best and hope to improve the accuracy of the figures over time and to make timely adjustments based on official data once I'm given that functionality.

Careful, Machina, I think you might get modded for that.

Super mario maker over 55k this month, so... We got something so far :p

LurkerJ said:
Burek said:

You have a point with sales of unreleased games. But asking for official numbers isn't an issue, it's a plus, and something we should thank him for because ioi rarely bothered with adjusting the numbers and matching them with the official data.

I have no.issue with them.using official data, actually that could be the strength of this website. But everything else just ruins their credibility week after week.

Around the Network

I'd better make a comment to get this on my buddy list ... Yep that'll do.

The PS5 Exists. 

Tag

tag

Nice lol. Now people are going to be looking up Sarcasm. 

tag