By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2015 NPD Thread! Everything is in the OP!

riecsou said:
Imaginedvl said:

The majority knows why but they are just going to ignore it because it does not fit their agenda :) 

Myself as well as everybody in my friend list bought it digitaly and I suspect it is a trend... It explains very well the 400M and Microsoft must be very happy about it. As they are not reporting how many they sold digitaly, obviously I may be wrong but at least it makes sense to reach this 400M unless someone else comes up with something more intelligent than "A remastered uncharted collection selling better than a new mainline halo game is bananas." and look at all numbers :).

I really doubt that digital is a big part of the $400 millions cause there are 3 possibilities

1) The leakers are full of sh... (very unlickly for hardware, but I am having a hard time believing those software numbers for the new leaker Andrew_NPD). Because if those numbers are right that will make the game at 1.150 millions not including digital (but including bundles) between US and UK. If I exagerate and give the rest of the world another 40% retail that would put it around 1.6 millions retails. Now again if I exagerate again and put digital total at 60%. that would put  it at 2.5 millions WW. Still not enough to reach that $400.

2) MS included anything that can be considered hardware. Even if they had done this, I just don't see the math going to $400 unless they are adding shipments. Now I don't think retailers will take that kind of shipment if they were not sure to sell them. And if this is really shipment, then they have a lot I mean a lot of stock left to sell from hardware to software.

3)Now the third possibility for me is where some part of 1) is true and other part of 2) is true. I am not going to say that Andew_NPD numbers are fake, but it seems very unlikely. But I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now cause I don't remember a case where numbers were updated in an NPD thread becaue of bad leaks.

Those 400$ million are shipped revenue, not sold through. Pretty easily explained.

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
riecsou said:

Reading things like that makes me think: "where the hell MS got that $400 million revenu from?"

The majority knows why but they are just going to ignore it because it does not fit their agenda :) 

Myself as well as everybody in my friend list bought it digitaly and I suspect it is a trend... It explains very well the 400M and Microsoft must be very happy about it. As they are not reporting how many they sold digitaly, obviously I may be wrong but at least it makes sense to reach this 400M unless someone else comes up with something more intelligent than "A remastered uncharted collection selling better than a new mainline halo game is bananas." and look at all numbers :).

Somehow I really doubt that they managed to sell some 5 million copies digitally. First week. Not only would that be announced, but would probably break all sorts of world records, while also meaning that 1/3 of all XOne owners bought the game digitally.

People seem to be grasping at those digital straws so desperately. Isn't it more likely that MS shipped some 400K bundles ($200 million), 2-3 million discs (about $150 million) and the rest were some controllers and microtransactions?

That to me just seems more plausible than the digital utopia.

Hankoney said:
Imaginedvl said:

Somehow I really doubt that they managed to sell some 5 million copies digitally. First week. Not only would that be announced, but would probably break all sorts of world records, while also meaning that 1/3 of all XOne owners bought the game digitally.

People seem to be grasping at those digital straws so desperately. Isn't it more likely that MS shipped some 400K bundles ($200 million), 2-3 million discs (about $150 million) and the rest were some controllers and microtransactions?

Regardless Halo is still a huge money maker any way you cut it.  Isn't that's what counts?  I've seen more downplaying how much it made then any game I can remember.  

Hankoney said:
Imaginedvl said:

Lol, I have been trying to put some math out for a while now and you post this. Make me feel really stupid now, and I am really proud of my math skills lol. But your scenario seems more likely.

GribbleGrunger said:

This is VERY interesting:

Originally Posted by creamsugar

Halo5 bundle < Uncharted bundle

Hmm. So below 274k Halo 5 bundles were sold. That means at least 660k Halo 5's were sold physically.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Hmm. So below 274k Halo 5 bundles were sold. That means at least 660k Halo 5's were sold physically.

No. Below 135k Halo 5 bundles were sold

Yoshi had 165k sales and NDC was less than that retail. With the bundle it's around 300k.

GribbleGrunger said:

Not really. One is $500 and one is $350.

Wow uncharted bundle beat halo bundle?!?

I understand there's a price difference but wow. This is halo were talking about here. Price shouldn't be an issue. For a bundle with an HD collection of old PS3 games with no multiplayer at all to beat a gorgeous bundle with a new halo installment is bananas.

I'm not even an uncharted fan and I find that a bit sad it outsold halo bundle. I have a lot of respect for the old halo games so it's a bit shocking to me to see how far the franchise has fallen since halo 3.

Even if Halo 5 sold the same ammount digitally that would still not be enough compared to past entries

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Wow uncharted bundle beat halo bundle?!?

I understand there's a price difference but wow. This is halo were talking about here. Price shouldn't be an issue. For a bundle with an HD collection of old PS3 games with no multiplayer at all to beat a gorgeous bundle with a new halo installment is bananas.

I'm not even an uncharted fan and I find that a bit sad it outsold halo bundle. I have a lot of respect for the old halo games so it's a bit shocking to me to see how far the franchise has fallen since halo 3.

If this was the only bundle it'd be unbelievable but there's like 5 bundles with pack ins that would still cost less than the H5 bundle. You can add Halo 5, a play & charge, a controller and come out cheaper and have more value than that high priced bundle. I'm not surprised by it.