By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

S.Peelman said:
Teeqoz said:

Super late comment to this one:

Those that consider Crash 3 as the last good game in the series either

a) didn't play Twinsanity and WoC

or b) are blinded by nostalgia goggles

Wrath of Cortez was also fun, have that one on GameCube. Never thought, even at the time of playing back then, anything other than 3 being the best in the series though. But no, technically 3 wasn't the "last good one", that's true.

Have you played Twinsanity? imo, it's actually the best Crash game. Metacritic strongly disagrees though, but whatcha gonna do

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Teeqoz said:

Super late comment to this one:

Those that consider Crash 3 as the last good game in the series either

a) didn't play Twinsanity and WoC

or b) are blinded by nostalgia goggles

In my defense, I said it was the last "great" one (not good) "in the eyes of many", which doesn't necessarily include myself. Personally, the only Crash games I actually did play were the PS1 trilogy.

Hehe, yeah, it wasn't aimed specifically at you, just a thought in general, because a lot of people are quicl to brush of the PS1 games as the only good ones, but that isn't the case. Like I said above, I consider Twinsanity to be the best in the series

mZuzek said:
CWegzz said:

Correct

Also, how dare you put Ocarina of Time this low on your list? Blasphemy.

Anyways, here's my next hint:
#23 - Though the game only has one ending, it led to two different futures in this franchise's timeline.

Is it SMT?

Because that timeline is going places.

#28: Pokemon Black/White

RPG

Pokemon Black/White is all about fresh starts. For the first time, the world of Unova would be inspired by a land not located in Japan, but instead resemble the good ol' US of A! And for the first time sense the original Pokemon, you as a trainer would only find brand new Pokemon. No previous Pokemon would even be seen until you beat the game. Also, Pokemon sprites were now fully animated, giving the Pokemon themselves character and a feeling of actually being alive. For these reasons, Pokemon Black/White gave the series a sense of newness and freshness not seen since the original game. It's also home to some of my favorite new Pokemon, including Bisharp, Hydreigon, and Zoroark.

Teeqoz said:
S.Peelman said:

Wrath of Cortez was also fun, have that one on GameCube. Never thought, even at the time of playing back then, anything other than 3 being the best in the series though. But no, technically 3 wasn't the "last good one", that's true.

Have you played Twinsanity? imo, it's actually the best Crash game. Metacritic strongly disagrees though, but whatcha gonna do

I have not. WoC was my last Crash game. I don't know why, I guess it's because after that it wasn't on a console I owned anymore and I never got around to it afterwards. Had GC and DC myself at the time, and I got more into PC overal instead of consoles. My cousin had an XBox, but he didn't have a lot of games, so no Crash either. But no worries, I'll get myself an original XBox sooner rather than later, it had a lot of cool games I only got to play briefly or not at all!

Around the Network

#27: Super Smash Bros. Melee

Fighting

With such an epic intro, you knew you were into something special with this game (Although we're still waiting on Ridley). Super Smash Bros. Melee took the original game and expanded on it in every way. It was bigger, faster (so much faster), prettier, and offered enough content to keep players going for years. Event matches and a plethora of new game modes were a welcome addition, and of course the new characters were awesome to behold (Falco became my new main, unbeknownst to me that he was naturally a great character to play as. I just thought I was that good!). Suffice to say, Melee took the Smash series to new heights, and we're still seeing the effects to this day. Keep on keeping on!

#26: Child of Light

RPG

The concept of beauty is an interesting one, to be sure. We all have our own ideas on what is beautiful and what makes something truly beautiful. And many of us, myself included, are always searching for those things that reval their beauty to us. I consider Child of Light to be a truly beautiful game. Whether it be its incredible graphical art style, or the stunning soundtrack helmed by Coeur de Pirate, or even the simple yet touching fairy tale-esque story... Child of Light is a game set apart by its beauty. And all I could do was be transfixed by this game as I played, even setting down the controller at points and taking in the setting in front of me. For this I will always cherish game, and hope that more developers strive for beauty in a industry dominated by a boorish gaming culture. One can only hope.

#25: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Strategy

I love the concept of putting oneself into a game. Whether it's silent protagonists or character creation, I love games that encourage the player to step into the shoes of the character to be more involved in the world of the game. And Fire Emblem: Awakening brought with it the concept of creating your own character to be one of the heroes in Awakening's grand adventure. Not only that, but the game introduced some of my favorite characters in the series, with Tharja *swoon* being my favorite. I spent hundreds of hours on this game, maxing every character's stats and completing every challenge available. It's not the deepest or most epic Fire Emblem, but it's the most personable, and I connected with the game in a way I haven't connected to Fire Emblem before. Can't wait for Fates! :D

#24: Disney's Epic Mickey

Platform

Do you have that one game that's "yours"? That one game that you feel like belongs only to you? Maybe it's underappreciated or even forgotten by everyone else, but you yourself love that game. And that fact makes you cherish it even more. Well Disney's Epic Mickey is that game for me. The game definitely has its faults (a N64-era quality camera system being the biggest one), but even despite those, I really do adore this game and what it is. For any classic Disney fan, the game is a dream come true with its homage to all things Mickey and Disney, as the world itself is where forgotten Disney lands and characters live. It's so apparent that this game was a project of love, and that really does translate into a game that stands out. And I can't forget the incredible soundtrack by James Dooley (check it out!). In the end, Disney's Epic Mickey can feel like a secret that only I know about and love. And in some ways, that makes the game even more special to me. Still, I wont mind if you happen to love the game as well!

24 Hint: Strategy game on the PC, it had 9 well done scenarios and a random map mode.
Hint 2: Starts in 4000 BC for random maps and ends whenever you want.