By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

BasilZero said:
Clyde32 said:

Is it SMT?

Because that timeline is going places.

This is fantastic.

Saved the image for reference so I will know what game sub series to play in what order.

Usually they don't go beyond references. Like the SMT:if Protaganist appearing in Persona 1 and 2, or the Kuzunoha detective agency in P2, or the Demi-Fiend fight in Digital Devil Saga. 

The only one I can think of that is directly tied together(Other than the obvious ones like DDS 1 and 2) is Persona 2, with P1 major characters and villains making an appearance.

I haven't played a lot of these though, so I can't tell you how bound the Devil Summoner series is.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
24 Hint: Strategy game on the PC, it had 9 well done scenarios and a random map mode.
Hint 2: Starts in 4000 BC for random maps and ends whenever you want.

Civilization...3?

Any old timers remember my 25 Ultima III: Exodus?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Smeags said:

#24: Disney's Epic Mickey

Platform

Do you have that one game that's "yours"? That one game that you feel like belongs only to you? Maybe it's underappreciated or even forgotten by everyone else, but you yourself love that game. And that fact makes you cherish it even more. Well Disney's Epic Mickey is that game for me. The game definitely has its faults (a N64-era quality camera system being the biggest one), but even despite those, I really do adore this game and what it is. For any classic Disney fan, the game is a dream come true with its homage to all things Mickey and Disney, as the world itself is where forgotten Disney lands and characters live. It's so apparent that this game was a project of love, and that really does translate into a game that stands out. And I can't forget the incredible soundtrack by James Dooley (check it out!). In the end, Disney's Epic Mickey can feel like a secret that only I know about and love. And in some ways, that makes the game even more special to me. Still, I wont mind if you happen to love the game as well!

This was the reason why I bugged my parents about getting a Wii. I ended up never completing the first stage of it :-3

Smeags said:

#26: Child of Light

RPG

The concept of beauty is an interesting one, to be sure. We all have our own ideas on what is beautiful and what makes something truly beautiful. And many of us, myself included, are always searching for those things that reval their beauty to us. I consider Child of Light to be a truly beautiful game. Whether it be its incredible graphical art style, or the stunning soundtrack helmed by Coeur de Pirate, or even the simple yet touching fairy tale-esque story... Child of Light is a game set apart by its beauty. And all I could do was be transfixed by this game as I played, even setting down the controller at points and taking in the setting in front of me. For this I will always cherish game, and hope that more developers strive for beauty in a industry dominated by a boorish gaming culture. One can only hope.

I like this game too!  How does it comepair to Ori and the Blind Forest? (Without spoilers)  And did you play Braid?  It has some lovely (but must less) art.   Or Two Brothers also has some lovely art.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Farsala said:
24 Hint: Strategy game on the PC, it had 9 well done scenarios and a random map mode.

Civilization II?

That 4000 BC is my tip off.

Tell me a funny joke!

Clyde32 said:
Farsala said:

Civilization...3?

Yes

Zappykins said:
Farsala said:

Civilization II?

That 4000 BC is my tip off.

Close, but I do not think it only had 9 scenarios as Civ 3 did. 12 or 20 there :).

This game follows the story of three soldiers from their respective points of view.

Hint 2: There's the British and the American approaching from the west and the Russian approaching from the east.

S.Peelman said:

This game follows the story of three soldiers from their respective points of view.

Hint 2: There's the British and the American approaching from the west and the Russian approaching from the east.

Cod 2?

hint #22
A spin off exclusive to the DS where the main character looks like Trunks from DBZ

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD