By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

Player2 said:
Farsala said:
Since I feel this one will be harder to guess.

25 Hint: PS1 RTS featuring tanks and soldiers.
Hint 2: Third iteration
Hint 3: Alternate timeline

Command and Conquer Red Alert something.

Retaliation Xd.

24 Hint: Strategy game on the PC, it had 9 well done scenarios and a random map mode.

Around the Network
Mr_No said:
#23 The second of the series before they started milking it.

Assassin's Creed II

Clyde32 said:
Mr_No said:
#23 The second of the series before they started milking it.

Assassin's Creed II

Yes, that one.

mZuzek said:
CWegzz said:

Correct

Also, how dare you put Ocarina of Time this low on your list? Blasphemy.

Anyways, here's my next hint:
#23 - Though the game only has one ending, it led to two different futures in this franchise's timeline.

Ocarina of Time.

Although I still maintain that the Zelda timelimit is bullshit.

Signature goes here!

mZuzek said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Ocarina of Time.

Although I still maintain that the Zelda timelimit is bullshit.

How dare I say it you're right.

So, what exactly is this whole Zelda "timelimit" thing supposed to be?

Dammit! Timeline!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Clues  for #23!

1. This game is part of a franchise that was originally thought to be exclusive to Xbox brand last gen
2. This game originally was serious in tone however this particular game started a new trend which made the rest of the series go a comedic route
3. I know this clue may be vague but I'm gonna say it: Its better than Grand Theft Auto IV.

Saints Row The Third

Signature goes here!

mZuzek said:
S.Peelman said:

Crash Bandicoot 3

That, it is.

Super late comment to this one:

Those that consider Crash 3 as the last good game in the series either

a) didn't play Twinsanity and WoC

or b) are blinded by nostalgia goggles

As you'll see there's many games with a certain level of humour in my list. I often like games that have an original theme, some unrealistic twist or in general just don't really take themselves seriously very much. On such game, and maybe even the biggest joke of them all, is 'Theme Hospital'. It is a construction and business management game where the player builds and runs their own hospital.

Obviously, it's no ordinary hospital in this game, because that would be boring, and the patients have the most wild and imaginative diseases. One will have a large, bloated head, another will be invisible, or have hair all over his body or even seems to be radioactive emitting a greenish glow. These diseases have the weirdest, wildest explanations, like one disease that causes the patient to develop a pair of spare ribs by eating, spareribs.

Because of this, it's a timeless game, like many others from Bullfrog were. There will probably never be a sequel and some games tried to replicate it's tone, but obviously none succeeded. To me though, 'Theme Hospital' remains a classic and a game I could play any day, all day.

This game follows the story of three soldiers from their respective points of view.

Teeqoz said:

Super late comment to this one:

Those that consider Crash 3 as the last good game in the series either

a) didn't play Twinsanity and WoC

or b) are blinded by nostalgia goggles

Wrath of Cortez was also fun, have that one on GameCube. Never thought, even at the time of playing back then, anything other than 3 being the best in the series though. But no, technically 3 wasn't the "last good one", that's true.