By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games you loved that haven't aged well?

Do you still love most of the games you played several years ago?

Of course 77 86.52%

I don't remember 5 5.62%

They got old for me 7 7.87%

Total:89
Cloudman said:
ps3-sales! said:
Cloudman said:

Hah, I was just thinking about that not too long ago. I can't really think of any games that I feel aged poorly. Most of the ones I have are still fun to play x )

Correction. Pokemon Red and Blue are too hard to play now, as in so dang slow... Once you get running shoes, you can never go back...

Weird i'm like the opposite. Red and Blue are easily the best in the franchise for me and most people and have aged great. It's the new games that I can't stand lol.

OP: Um. Probably any sports game that I loved back in the day. 

Not sure for me, haha. I loved it as a kid, but trying to revisit it made me feel it has aged. Personally Silver/Gold was the last game I enjoyed in the series before it fell from grace.

Oh man I loveeed gold and silver actually I take it back that's the best in the franchise lol. And the DS remakes were actually even better.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

It has to be Mafia graphic and mechanics-wise.

ps3-sales! said:
Cloudman said:
ps3-sales! said:
Cloudman said:

Hah, I was just thinking about that not too long ago. I can't really think of any games that I feel aged poorly. Most of the ones I have are still fun to play x )

Correction. Pokemon Red and Blue are too hard to play now, as in so dang slow... Once you get running shoes, you can never go back...

Weird i'm like the opposite. Red and Blue are easily the best in the franchise for me and most people and have aged great. It's the new games that I can't stand lol.

OP: Um. Probably any sports game that I loved back in the day. 

Not sure for me, haha. I loved it as a kid, but trying to revisit it made me feel it has aged. Personally Silver/Gold was the last game I enjoyed in the series before it fell from grace.

Oh man I loveeed gold and silver actually I take it back that's the best in the franchise lol. And the DS remakes were actually even better.

Yeah, the remale was nice too. I loved having a pokemon follow behind me. It was a nice touch, and talking to my fav pokemon was also nice x )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Kill Butt 3 was a classic, but I feel it hasn't aged too well.

Actully, a lot of Mario Kart games haven't aged all that well. But I'm going with Mario Kart 64, because going back to it, its controls are extremely clunky for today's standards, even if it was my first racing game. I still note problems with it. Another game would be Smash 64 (my first fighting game). I prefered it to Brawl a few years ago when I played that, but again, the game feel is clunky for today's standards and I would rather just play Smash Wii U.

bet: lost

Pokemon Red/Blue is one I can name from the top of my head

No running shoes, Pokemon not healed in PCs, no indication of wild Pokemon you caught EXP Share, rebattle trainers... etc

The Pokemon games have greatly improved, even if it's ever so slightly, making it hard to play the original ones again

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

For every game I used to love once there's a 99% chance I still like the game to this day. (Which means I'd never admit that the game hasn't aged well.)

So...... none.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Loved it back when I first played it, probably logged well over 1000 hours all told. But whenever I go back the game just feels...off. The combat swings are loose and have no weight, the movement is floaty, the characters have that early seventh gen blobby look of developers who don't know what to do with all those polygons, the facial animations are simultaneously overdone and stiff, and...well yeah. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy it when I go back and play it and the game has a special place in my gaming memories.  And the music - especially the exploration tracks - is some of my favorite in all of gaming. It's just not what it used to be. Fallout 3 is another game with all the above complaints plus the lack of ironsights :P

Stunt Race FX is a game I loved on the SNES that I can barely even bare to watch now, much less play :P

Any Bethesda game, they just don't age well at all. Mods seem to slow down their age and bring about more to do in the game which is great.

I find games that focus on a cartoony or cel shading style tend to age gracefully (Red Alert 3 is a good RTS that I feel has aged well since 2008).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Um Gran Turismo 2

I can only really say Metal Gear Solid 2, Tomb Raider 1, 2 and Resident Evil original. The controls are what causes the problems. They don't have dual shock support. So the characters handle extremely badly. MGS2 controls are just total crap. I played them first time in timeline order. So I played MGS3 first. So I got completely messed up, when I went to MGS2. And got handed those bad controls.