By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games you loved that haven't aged well?

Do you still love most of the games you played several years ago?

Of course 77 86.52%

I don't remember 5 5.62%

They got old for me 7 7.87%

Total:89

Eternal Ring.Played it again last year and enjoyed it, but god damn the game has aged very badly

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
zorg1000 said:
The tank control Resident Evil games, I don't think anyone can release a successful game with those controls in this day and age.

The first Revelations game was pretty good.

Very good but it's controls were not nearly as slow and clunky as the old school entries, plus playing with the Circle Pad Pro fixes many of those issues.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

cheshirescat said:
Just about every game from the fifth gen.

Accurate. There are exceptions, but damn. Early 3D graphics are like battery acid in the eyes.

Miguel_Zorro said:

I probably put hundreds of hours into Goldeneye 007 for the N64, especially the four player multiplayer.

I played it recently and the controls sucked, the graphics were horrible, and I just didn't enjoy playing it at all.

Ya that can be said for a lot of the 3D games of the early/mid-90s. Graphics don't hold up well and they were still figuring out the best way to handle the controls.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Pokemon Snap
Halo 3

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network

Depends on the game. I'd probably struggle with Goldeneye on the N64 and there are bits of the original Halo that bug me when Im on the MCC.

However, doubt that would happen with Pokemon Blue. I did have a friends copy that I played through about 7 years after release and I still loved it, doubt that would have changed even now another 10 years laters. Also got quite into Assassins Creed 2 again when it came out on Games with Gold.

Ultrashroomz said:
t3mporary_126 said:
Pokemon Pearl. I don't think I can go back and play that again with its slow character movement.

I suddenly have nightmares of the atrociously slow surfing speeds...

This might be a test for me as I always love the main Pokemon games, and never found any fault with Pearl. Recently got White 2 after playing Y and AlphaSapphire, will have see how its aged on me (probably not well as Gen 5 was my least favourite).

Speaking of AlphaSapphire, the remake of that just felt really small and hollow comapared to past remakes and Gen 6, which surprised me, so maybe even Pokemon isnt immune to it.

Croc: Legend of the Gobbos on PC is one that jumps out at me. I loved that game when I was younger, but I tried to play it earlier this year and found it unplayable. Same goes for most earlier 3D games, DK64 is about the only one I still find playable to this day.

The earlier Pokemon games still hold their charm for me, but the Sinnoh games have aged horribly. The moment I played B/W it was obvious to me just how bad the Sinnoh games were. A Pokemon first for me, but when I started a Diamond run-through earlier this year I gave up three gyms in because it was just far too slow.

I can't think of any. My friends were extremely impressed by PS1/N64 3D graphics, but I always thought they were ugly and never really liked the controls and camera of most of those games. I was even kinda disappointed by that generation because everything felt clunky and unpolished and bought games for the SNES until late 1998. I ended up getting a PS1 because it had many sidescrollers and games with an isometric camera.

Well, maybe the German translation of MGS1, I didn't really notice how ridiculously awful the voice acting was.

Roblox: Back then it was addicting but now its trash

Psychonauts: Pretty boring game now

GTA Vice City; Its just not as fun as GTA IV and GTA V