By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR will be priced so Sony doesn't make any profit. What are your price predictions now?

Nautilus said:

Yeah, probably PSVR will be bundled with a game.But since we dont know much about how it will be priced or what it will come with, im assuming(probably wrong) that it will come with the hardware alone.

Even if Sony is directing it to the existing PS4 userbase,since people that dosent have one already will need to pay a fortune to get it, its still quite of a jump.You will need to spend another 300(around it) just to get an acessory, which library has just a few exclusives, and others that could be played with the ps4 normaly(like FF 14 for example).And without any killer app it will be a hard sell.Sure, there were some games shown that looks promissing, like Robinson, but even that showed only a "cutscene", not the actual gameplay, and that title is a timed exclusive.

I dont know, I dont see this succeding.Not with that price and games at least.At least I wont be buying it.

$300 is probably my limit. I wonder how much it will cost to make. I mean they've been experimenting with VR for a long time and if they can chuck out PS4's with a third party game for $350, it seems reasonable that the PSVR could be sold under $300. How much tech do they need? The PS4 will probably be doing all the grunt work so the PSVR might not need as much electronics. Not a tech guy but that's my trail of thought!

Around the Network

I'm seeing it at $249. Seems like a price point where the device won't profit but somehow accessible enough for an interested portion of PS4 users to buy.

i can see them achieving the 250 price tag!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Being optimistic, I'd say they they would launch a stripped down PSVR with only the headset for $250 and a premium model with the PSVR, PSEye and maybe a couple of Move controllers for $350, with this SKU being in more quantities than the cheaper one.

If we leave my optimism aside, add another $50.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Have they explained what kind of cable will the Playstation VR will have?

How do you connect it to the Ps4? Via USB or something?

Will it be compatible with other sources aside from the Ps4?

Im 100% interested on this thing, but there are way too many questions up in the air.

Around the Network
AEGRO said:
Have they explained what kind of cable will the Playstation VR will have?

How do you connect it to the Ps4? Via USB or something?

Will it be compatible with other sources aside from the Ps4?

Im 100% interested on this thing, but there are way too many questions up in the air.

I'm going to guess that this will be PS4 only. You might be able to get it to work on PC but probably nothing will support it.

SWORDF1SH said:
Nautilus said:

Yeah, probably PSVR will be bundled with a game.But since we dont know much about how it will be priced or what it will come with, im assuming(probably wrong) that it will come with the hardware alone.

Even if Sony is directing it to the existing PS4 userbase,since people that dosent have one already will need to pay a fortune to get it, its still quite of a jump.You will need to spend another 300(around it) just to get an acessory, which library has just a few exclusives, and others that could be played with the ps4 normaly(like FF 14 for example).And without any killer app it will be a hard sell.Sure, there were some games shown that looks promissing, like Robinson, but even that showed only a "cutscene", not the actual gameplay, and that title is a timed exclusive.

I dont know, I dont see this succeding.Not with that price and games at least.At least I wont be buying it.

$300 is probably my limit. I wonder how much it will cost to make. I mean they've been experimenting with VR for a long time and if they can chuck out PS4's with a third party game for $350, it seems reasonable that the PSVR could be sold under $300. How much tech do they need? The PS4 will probably be doing all the grunt work so the PSVR might not need as much electronics. Not a tech guy but that's my trail of thought!

Well, I personally would rather a million times buy a XBox One with that price, which will come bundled with one game or two, than buy the PSVR.But I sure hope it has it degree of success.VR is potentially a great tech for new gaming experience.I just dont see it working now(in this gen i mean)

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Well, I personally would rather a million times buy a XBox One with that price, which will come bundled with one game or two, than buy the PSVR.But I sure hope it has it degree of success.VR is potentially a great tech for new gaming experience.I just dont see it working now(in this gen i mean)

Yeah and a lot will think the same way. What are Sony's expectations do you think?

i expect it to be between 350 to 400 as it comes with an external processing unit. It will be miracle if sony manages to sell at $299

Wow this is hard from Sony...  I predict 300€.