By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR will be priced so Sony doesn't make any profit. What are your price predictions now?

SWORDF1SH said:
$299 with a free game would be nice.

This is what they need to do. Funny how there are dozens of promising games due out next year, but VR is what has me most interested.

Around the Network
Sprash said:
Nautilus said:
I still see a pricetag of 300 to 350 dollars to it.But i have a legitimate, and quite dumb, question:
You need to own a PS4 to play games on PSVR right?

Yes.

And a PS Camera. I already have the camera so hopefully you can buy it without.

Ali_16x said:
Nautilus said:
I still see a pricetag of 300 to 350 dollars to it.But i have a legitimate, and quite dumb, question:

Yes lol

This will flop so hard lol

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

SWORDF1SH said:
Sprash said:
Nautilus said:

Yes.

Really?So for just to play on the PSVR, you need to spend about 400 dollars just on the console, plus the PSVR, which will make the total around 700?And thats not counting games...

I dont see this succeeding at all

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

binary solo said:
Under $300. But the big question is how big of a loss they will take on it. Can they afford to sell it at more than a $50 loss? As long as it's fairly easy to implement VR as optional then I can't see why every FPS game can't be a VR compatible game, and with Sony having a CoD partnership I can see CoD being VR ready. I also assume every FPS that is also on PC will be VR compatible too.

Fast paced shooters in VR like Cod are not that great of an idea unless you want to get rid of the content of your stomach.

Gamestyles and gameplay will have to change in VR.

Regarding the price. I doubt Sony sees this as a short term cash grab for them its an long term investment like Facebook sees Oculus. And selling oveer 1 Million in the first year would be a success. As awesome as VR is its far from perfect.

It might be prime time ready in 5 or more years.

Also doubt they are willing to sell at a loss they will sell as low as they can without losing money.

I guess around 350 seems fair.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Really?So for just to play on the PSVR, you need to spend about 400 dollars just on the console, plus the PSVR, which will make the total around 700?And thats not counting games...

We do not know the price and there might be special bundles with PSVR + PS4. We do not know much.

If you want to get a PS4 just for VR game then $700, even $500, is to much. If you already own a PS4, you just see a price tag for the PSVR.

Netyaroze said:

Fast paced shooters in VR like Cod are not that great of an idea unless you want to get rid of the content of your stomach.

Gamestyles and gameplay will have to change in VR.

Regarding the price. I doubt Sony sees this as a short term cash grab for them its an long term investment like Facebook sees Oculus. And selling oveer 1 Million in the first year would be a success. As awesome as VR is its far from perfect.

It might be prime time ready in 5 or more years.

Also doubt they are willing to sell at a loss they will sell as low as they can without losing money.

I guess around 350 seems fair.

Yeah sounds about right. I think if they sell 250 - 500k in first year they would be happy.

I think it'll be $350-400 for the set with the camera.

below $300 seems highly unlikely to me even if they sell the units at cost price (including component, manufacturing, shipping/exporting and marketing costs with the added retailer cut - not factoring in R&D costs)

At that price they might sell 1-2 million in 2016 - I doubt they are planing with more at this point.

SWORDF1SH said:
Nautilus said:

We do not know the price and there might be special bundles with PSVR + PS4. We do not know much.

If you want to get a PS4 just for VR game then $700, even $500, is to much. If you already own a PS4, you just see a price tag for the PSVR.

Yeah, probably PSVR will be bundled with a game.But since we dont know much about how it will be priced or what it will come with, im assuming(probably wrong) that it will come with the hardware alone.

Even if Sony is directing it to the existing PS4 userbase,since people that dosent have one already will need to pay a fortune to get it, its still quite of a jump.You will need to spend another 300(around it) just to get an acessory, which library has just a few exclusives, and others that could be played with the ps4 normaly(like FF 14 for example).And without any killer app it will be a hard sell.Sure, there were some games shown that looks promissing, like Robinson, but even that showed only a "cutscene", not the actual gameplay, and that title is a timed exclusive.

I dont know, I dont see this succeding.Not with that price and games at least.At least I wont be buying it.

Nautilus said:

its a peripheral new gaming experience for the PS4 user base, you should know PS4 user base will keep on growing, don't think much people going to buy PS4 just because of this, making it as a standalone platform even if its able to play those limited games will make it harder or even impossible to success...