By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 5: Guardians sells more than $400 million (games and hardware)

Tagged games:

Jazz2K said:

So how big of a chunk do you think req packs took from 400m? Hundread of millions in one week is unrealistic... even beyond 10m is unrealistic!

I replied to a reply to your (I think.) post on this before lol. It seems highly unlikely that it's an insane number, and even an insane number (50MM) would still leave an insane number (350MM) unaccounted for. Is it a factor? Of course. Is it the main factor? I would be shocked.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Snoopy said:

Except Halo scored mostly 8's and 9's. I can see your fandom blinds you as it is one of the most played games on xbl but it also made Microsoft over 400 million dollars in one week. Very few AAA games can do this, maybe 5 or 6  games at the most. Most profitable Halo and that something not matter what anyone says can't take away from this game. It is also obviously doing gangbusters in sales right now. No playstation 4 or Nintnedo wii u exclusive so far is going to even match HALF of its sales

Actually quite a few Wii U exclusives will match half, if not all, of Halo 5's ltd. Not sure what you mean by "so far" though. If you mean that we can't count unreleased games, then yes, you're probably right when it comes to the PS4 (Though I wouldn't count out TLOUR, unless that doesn't count of course...).

Lol, Halo 5 will sale about 10 million life time, that is almost what the Wii U sold to date.

Snoopy said:
Teeqoz said:

Actually quite a few Wii U exclusives will match half, if not all, of Halo 5's ltd. Not sure what you mean by "so far" though. If you mean that we can't count unreleased games, then yes, you're probably right when it comes to the PS4 (Though I wouldn't count out TLOUR, unless that doesn't count of course...).

Lol, Halo 5 will sale about 10 million life time, that is almost what the Wii U sold to date.

Why do you think Halo 5 will outsell every other Halo, except for Halo 3?

Snoopy said:
Teeqoz said:

Nintendo has two exclusives so far that has sold 5 million or more. It has 3 more that are between 4 and 5 (one at 4.88m one at 4.47m and one 4.03) all of which are likely to reach 5 million. 

It's not gonna have the impact 3 did.

They took out split screen for crying out loud!

Halo is a dying franchise.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
Snoopy said:

Except Halo scored mostly 8's and 9's. I can see your fandom blinds you as it is one of the most played games on xbl but it also made Microsoft over 400 million dollars in one week. Very few AAA games can do this, maybe 5 or 6  games at the most. Most profitable Halo and that something no matter what anyone says can take away from this game. It is also obviously doing gangbusters in sales right now. No playstation 4 or Nintnedo wii u exclusive so far is going to even match HALF of its sales.

400 million dolar is super small interm of sales profit, it also need to count with other ether expense, considered this games is super triple A budget games, i bet 100% sure those number need to be reduced for marketing and games developing expense. And also this number is not pure Halo Number it's 400 millions profit for Xbox hardware, peripheral, Live service, and micro transaction . I am saying this number is very decent.

Insidb said:
Snoopy said:

Halo 4 is over 10 million as well I thought.

Edit: I see that you used vgchartz data. They stopped tracking the game after a while. It is easily over 10 million by now. Hell, it is probably around 12-13 million right now.

Snoopy said:
Insidb said:

Edit: I see that you used vgchartz data. They stopped tracking the game after a while. It is easily over 10 million by now.

If your prediction Halo 4 is over 10 million  Halo 3 must have more then 13 millions, using the console base number to predict the user base, it easy to determine that Halo games on Xbox One will have less number of sold compared  to Halo games on Xbox 360. If we considered console user base number. And also from time to time Halo sales number gradually decrease compared to their predecessor, they having a series fatigue, like every product out their it's a natural law on every Industry.

HollyGamer said:
Snoopy said:
Insidb said:

Edit: I see that you used vgchartz data. They stopped tracking the game after a while. It is easily over 10 million by now.

If your prediction Halo 4 is over 10 million  Halo 3 must have more then 13 millions, using the console base number to predict the user base, it easy to determine that Halo games on Xbox One will have less number of sold compared  to Halo games on Xbox 360. If we considered console user base number. And also from time to time Halo sales number gradually decrease compared to their predecessor, they having a series fatigue, like every product out their it's a natural law on every Industry.

Yet it will still sell more than anything on Wii U and PS4. Besides, Halo 3 launched when there was no competiiton. Now they are up against COD. Halo still well alive unlike the last GT.

KungKras said:
It's not gonna have the impact 3 did.

They took out split screen for crying out loud!

Halo is a dying franchise.

These kinds of posts always make me laugh :).