By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 5: Guardians sells more than $400 million (games and hardware)

Tagged games:

Snoopy said:

Yet it will still sell more than anything on Wii U and PS4. Besides, Halo 3 launched when there was no competiiton. Now they are up against COD. Halo still well alive unlike the last GT.

For know we still dont know how much it will sell, even the lowest games on PS4 number are considered big, because PS4 benefit having more user base. At the same time PS4 software sales number is bigger then Xbox one,  You have your own reason to believe, because it's your opinion, but the fact that 400 millions have nothing to do with the Halo 5 performance as a whole, is another different matter.  Until NPD or No not until NPD until 2 years we will able to see how Halo 5 perform.

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:

For know we still dont know how much it will sell, even the lowest games on PS4 number are considered big, because PS4 benefit having more user base. At the same time PS4 software sales number is bigger then Xbox one,  You have your own reason to believe, because it's your opinion, but the fact that 400 millions have nothing to do with the Halo 5 performance as a whole, is another different matter.  Until NPD or No not until NPD until 2 years we will able to see how Halo 5 perform.

Titan Fall launched when Xbox One fanbase was only at 5 - 6 million yet I don't see any PS4 AAA exclusive yet to outsell it. I don't even think a PS4 AAA exclusive hit 3 million yet.

Snoopy said:

Titan Fall launched when Xbox One fanbase was only at 5 - 6 million yet I don't see any PS4 AAA exclusive yet to outsell it. I don't even think a PS4 AAA exclusive hit 3 million yet.

I could say the same too :"I dont think any Xbox One AAA exclusive hit 3 millions yet". 

Snoopy said:

Titan Fall is a fresh shooter games, it's new and it brought by people who made Call of Duty, and again Call of Duty names that brought people to buy TitanFall. And also PS4 never heavily focus on one genre on selling their product, the funny thing is every product that sold on PS brand form time to time always have a balance number, and never exceed each other or overlaping, except for grand Turismo series. Unlike Xbox which is always heavily focus on Halo and FPS. PS console will never have an overlap Title that dominate. That's why PS4 popular for their variety. 

HollyGamer said:

Titan Fall is a fresh shooter games, it's new and it brought by people who made Call of Duty, and again Call of Duty names that brought people to buy TitanFall. And also PS4 never heavily focus on one genre on selling their product, the funny thing is every product that sold on PS brand form time to time always have a balance number, and never exceed each other or overlaping, except for grand Turismo series. Unlike Xbox which is always heavily focus on Halo and FPS. PS console will never have an overlap Title that dominate. That's why PS4 popular for their variety. 

Yet the best selling games on ps4 is multiplatform games and sony continues to do marketing deals with third party publishers. Sony is trying to spend as little money as possible because playstation is keeping the lights on for Sony so to speak. This isn't good in the long run because if you're not exapnding you're going to explode. Look what happend to Nintendo. They got way too comfortable and now they are the laughing stock of the industry regarding sales.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
HollyGamer said:
Snoopy said:

Halo 4 is over 10 million as well I thought.

Edit: I see that you used vgchartz data. They stopped tracking the game after a while. It is easily over 10 million by now.

If your prediction Halo 4 is over 10 million  Halo 3 must have more then 13 millions, using the console base number to predict the user base, it easy to determine that Halo games on Xbox One will have less number of sold compared  to Halo games on Xbox 360. If we considered console user base number. And also from time to time Halo sales number gradually decrease compared to their predecessor, they having a series fatigue, like every product out their it's a natural law on every Industry.

Yet it will still sell more than anything on Wii U and PS4. Besides, Halo 3 launched when there was no competiiton. Now they are up against COD. Halo still well alive unlike the last GT.

Didnt you just get back from a ban? Surely you can make a point without attacking the other consoles And their ggames. Seems highly unnecessary when nobody else is bringing them up.

Snoopy said:

Yet the best selling games on ps4 is multiplatform games and sony continues to do marketing deals with third party publishers. Sony is trying to spend as little money as possible because playstation is keeping the lights on for Sony so to speak.

Why would SONY spend a lot  money, if they only need to spend less to get a lot of money. That's a very basic thing on business , and also i said many time, PS4 gamers are divers from one another unlike Xbox One, which is pack of FPS gamer like u. So their are no games sales that dominate, You probably forget there was some article that explain that SONY will be foucsing on third party publisher and developer on delivering PS4 contents (exclusive and or non exclusives) but they still making first party games but not as much as when the were on 7th gen with PS3. The point is, PS4 dont need 400 millions money like Halo, they just make an exclusive deal with third party and boom, they will print a lot of money

Snoopy said:
HollyGamer said:

Yet the best selling games on ps4 is multiplatform games and sony continues to do marketing deals with third party publishers. Sony is trying to spend as little money as possible because playstation is keeping the lights on for Sony so to speak. This isn't good in the long run because if you're not exapnding you're going to explode. Look what happend to Nintendo. They got way too comfortable and now they are the laughing stock of the industry regarding sales.

....this entire post aside from the part about the best sellings games on PS4 being multiplatform is false.....

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Anyone trying to argue that a big portion of those req packs 'acquired' were bought have obviously not played the game. I probably earn 5 every day that I play the game. There handed to u so easily.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

EA should hire this guy, king of PR

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m