By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is 900p okay? Is Xbox One a worthy 8th gen console now?

H3ADShOt3 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
H3ADShOt3 said:

So then if making these consoles more powerfull than a pc when it first releases it will automaticly make it cost 700$/600$? How did mircosoft manage to make the 360 pretty much more powerful than a pc at the time for 400$ in 2005? My knowlage ain't huge on this but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be impossible to get it under sub 500$ at launch if they were more powerful..

Well, a PS4 or Xbox One IS more powerful than most PCs, just not most gaming PCs.

You answered your own question here. The Xbox 360 was $400 in 2005. That's equal to $477 in 2013 money. The 360 was more expensive when it launched than the PS4 and nearly as much as the Xbox One with the Kinect. If gamers were okay with spending $500 on a new console then fine, but they really aren't.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
H3ADShOt3 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
H3ADShOt3 said:
This whole generation is under powered, 1080p 60fps should've been the minimal for these machines and they also should've been capable of 4K resolution. I wasn't too happy when I saw the performance of these consoles at first but I've learned to accept it to stay a console gamer.

You obviously have no idea how much 4k gaming costs.

Anyway onto your other point, saying 1080p/60fps means almost nothing about the games visuals, every game this gen could be 1080p 60fps if the developers wanted it to be, they would just have to scale back the visuals it's literally up to them so if they want to do it they can like metal gear and the COD games etc.

If ps4 was 2x more powerful I can almost bet it would still have 1080p 30fps games because everything would be put on visuals. But it wouldn't sell nearly aswell because it would cost so much.

Selling $600/$700 consoles kind of ruins the point of them.

So then if making these consoles more powerfull than a pc when it first releases it will automaticly make it cost 700$/600$? How did mircosoft manage to make the 360 pretty much more powerful than a pc at the time for 400$ in 2005? My knowlage ain't huge on this but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be impossible to get it under sub 500$ at launch if they were more powerful..

You can't say "more powerful than a Pc" because PC just means a computer, a wii is more powerful than a shit PC. Also not really the 360 was out done by a high end pc when it came out, same way current consoles are outdone by a high end PC. PS4 hardware minus the controller that's included in the price costs $290 which In my opinion really isn't that bad for what it can do.

And it does what it does whilst recording it all and if you've recorded gameplay on PC you know how much that can drop performance.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Not imo. The PS4 is the bare minimum (8-12x stronger) for what it takes to qualify as a massive leap.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

sc94597 said:
I think 900p is okay if you are playing on a console. These are budget gaming systems that released in 2013. I think Sony and MS could've added a little bit more with a little bit of a loss, but I don't think the marginal benefit would outweigh the marginal cost in that circumstance. I think everyone had their expectations higher because Sony and MS have been over-promising/falsely marketing 1080p for years now. So it seemed only natural that in this generation they would finally have it.

They do have 1080p and fairly often. But if they are going to push graphics and frame rate, resolution will take a hit.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

It depends on the type of game but it doesn't bother me at all. I prefer 1080p/30fps for a story orientated or open world game & 900p/60fps for the rare multiplayer/ sports games I do play. I'd still play Uncharted 4 if it was 900p/ 60fps. The PSOne are fine & not a gen behind in power like the WiiU.

Around the Network

People really go crazy over pixels.

Look people, I've used a 240p-480p computer from 2004-2015. I only got a 1080p capable PC a few months ago. What I've realized is that great realism in the design of games makes up for pixels. I'd honestly prefer a 720p game over a 1080p game if the 720p game had much better design, shadowing, and so on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

2008ProchargedGT said:
Does this thread exist because ND announced 900p for me in UC4?

do i smell troll here...?

Alt removed -RavenXtra

720p is okay.

Hell, I'd be okay with a game at 480p if it was using that lower resolution to push some seriously impressive gameplay feats.

I only don't care about resolution or fps, sure I would like them to be 1080p but that sure as hell isn't going to stop me from playing a game.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

I don't mind.. I think that the framerate is more important, so as long as that is good, I don't really mind resolution

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]