By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is 900p okay? Is Xbox One a worthy 8th gen console now?

In the beggining of this gen, there were people swearing that they wouldn't play a game sub-1080p under any circumstance. Even shunned other platforms by saying, #thegapwillonlygrow compared to the 1080p machines.

Generation leap usually is measured solely by graphical improvement by most (casuals?); however, for the last couple of months, games that focused on satisfying gamers' 1080p lust, have fallen from grace especially, due to their lack of content or gameplay depth.

Lately though, some games have prioritized performance over graphics fidelity. Does that upset you, as someone who bought a 8th gen console on a promise of shinier graphics?

Where do you stand?

Around the Network
Goatseye said:

however, for the last couple of months, games that focused on satisfying gamers' 1080p lust, have fallen from grace especially, due to their lack of content or gameplay depth.

Like?

This whole generation is under powered, 1080p 60fps should've been the minimal for these machines and they also should've been capable of 4K resolution. I wasn't too happy when I saw the performance of these consoles at first but I've learned to accept it to stay a console gamer.

Well last gen every console gamer played games at 480p-720hd so not really.

I can see that H3ADShOt5

Around the Network

Resolution and graphics fidelity are 2 different things though.
You can lower graphics fidelity and stick to 1080p60 on both ps4 and X1, no problem.

Does this thread exist because ND announced 900p for me in UC4?

But still, even if PS4 have games that run on 240P Xbox One hardware is not on par with PS4, that is the main reason for every debate. That what most of general assumption is, feel unfair, then blame the reality.

I have no problem with 900p when other aspects needs the power,but a current gen console should not have issues hitting 1080p when the game runs at 30fps and should not have to take out features just to achieve that performance.

I consider myself a graphic whore.

Having said that, more important than the 720p, 900p or 1080p is if the game graphics look real. And by this I mean, i can cope with a game that has 720p over a game with 1080p as long as the animation, shadows, movement of the characters look real. Of course, in games like cell shaded for example, you cannot expect real, so there is where pixels really get important to me, but in the end, for anime-like video game, you dont need that much resolution.

So in response to your question, 900p its ok with me as long as the game plays nice and looks the closest possible to reality.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.