By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - AngryJoe reviews Halo 5

JRPGfan said:
"Ultimately as this years biggest xbox exlusive... halo 5 ends up a dissappointment.
*shakes head* this isnt a console seller, no... sure die hard fans.. will be pleased.. the rest of us are going to be less than impressed, okay? no one should run out and buy a xbox one OR TWO FOR THAT MATTER, JUST TO PLAY WITH A FRIEND! So fu** you microsoft. In my opinion its slightly better than the PS4s killzone,... but its still falling short, of being something truely special." quote Angry Joe.

Final verdict 6/10.

cant agree more with him! campaign it darn short! aint worth a buy but more a rental...save your money for COD, SW or any other worthy game!

Around the Network

So I actually saw the Angry Joe video.

First of all, Angry Joe didn't understand an important part of the story. They don't think Master Chief is betraying the military, they don't want him going for other reasons. That's the best way to put it without spoiling I guess.

If you really, really hate REQs, stay out of Warzone. They can't hurt you there. Its an experiment with that mode and we get free maps in other more balanced modes. I can live with that. He flat out says the microtransactions aren't invasive, but his concern is they can get worse if we ignore this. Not sure if that's a valid argument.

I agree no split screen sucks, almost shocking for long time fans. But its a likely a majority of users aren't doing split screen anyhow. So that doesn't impact everybody.

He argues removing split screen was done to sell more copies and hardware. But they could also lose sales by not offering split screen. I've seen people go into Gamestop looking specifically for split screen, I'm sure this happens often.

I agree with a lot of his critiques on the campaign. The marketing was misleading and the campaign doesn't do anything particularly unique. There are some new gameplay mechanics, but nothing particularly fresh. However, its still an enjoyable campaign and has replay value. You gotta give it some credit for that.

Saying you do the Warden boss battle 7 times is misleading. Fighting a group of them does not count as 4 boss battles.

I don't recall any significant AI issues during my playthrough. But hey, its not an uncommon issue in games.

PvP indeed needs more variety. Few maps are used in matchmaking, we NEED big team ASAP, and I wish Stronghold and CTF weren't in the same playlist (I hate CTF).

Its only slightly better than Killzone:SF? He was less critical on that game because he had no expectations.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

He says Halo 5 is confusing for new players when he didn't even finish Halo 4. Of course its confusing for new players its the 5th numbered game. Did he expect them to go and give a synopsis of who Master Chief is in his 5th appearance? MS even gave people MCC to catch up with the Halo games.

Edit: They actually did give a synopsis!! He just chose not to care even though he hopped in knowing nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3V061QDUYI

Chazore said:

Joe in a nutshell

Hello, my name's Context, I hear you're taking me out.

binary solo said:

If Halo 5 ends in a Mass Effect kind of style then I would not call it a cliff hanger ending at all.

Like Mass 1 or 2, I'd say it ends in way where the threat is unresolved. But a significant part of this chapter is resolved.

However, its not like it ends in during a cutscene leading into a mission. Which many feel was the case for Halo 2. Or like I mentioned, God of War II.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Campaign looks even more disappointing than I thought it was.  So short and it ends on a cliff hanger...really?  I don't give a shit about the multiplayer.  I'll pick this up when it enters the bargain bin, probably won't take that long.

Is anybody surprised there is a cliffhanger ending? Its intended to be a trilogy.

I mean Mass Effect, Gears, God of War, Last of Us... this isn't something new.

That doesn't mean anything.  Halo 4 was apart of a trilogy and didn't end on a cliffhanger.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Mr Puggsly said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Campaign looks even more disappointing than I thought it was.  So short and it ends on a cliff hanger...really?  I don't give a shit about the multiplayer.  I'll pick this up when it enters the bargain bin, probably won't take that long.

Is anybody surprised there is a cliffhanger ending? Its intended to be a trilogy.

That doesn't mean anything.  Halo 4 was apart of a trilogy and didn't end on a cliffhanger.

The middle part of a trilogy usually ends on a cliffhanger.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Mr Puggsly said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I don't think there is a definitive answer to what is a cliffhanger is. Personally, I think its any ending that clearly leaves room or makes an overt suggestion there will be a successor is a cliffhanger. Halo 4 does that with the Didact's speech at the end.

Halo 5 picks up right where Halo 4 left off. The events of that game are why the events in Halo 5 are happening. Now the events of Halo 5 are leading into Halo 6.

Recently Completed

Roronaa_chan said:
Must be another YouTuber bribed by Sony

Did you see his review from The Order? Guy is a bitch getting money from both sides!

LOL, and i thought Halo was overrated, now it's underrated!
The world is changing 2fast&2furious4me!
Honestly tho, the game gets too much hates from the gaming community, (currently sitting at 69 on Metacritics)