By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - AngryJoe reviews Halo 5

He gave MGS5 a 9/10 yet the game had many flaws which he conveniently pointed out for Halo 5, but not MGS5 when regarding his score. Cliff hanger/Unanswered questions, sparse and sometimes mediocre story, sometimes bad AI, Microtransactions, no boss battle outside of a couple and no online at the start . Yes, the gameplay is fun, but the flaws were many to say the least. I do agree with Joe on certain things regarding Halo 5 (specifically single player), but it seems he was harsher on this game for the req system. Same thing with COD AW and Batman which he gave both games a 6/10 when those games have an 80+ on metacritic.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

4 hours 30 mins.... campagne on normal mode.

Almost a hour of that is Cutscenes.

Really?  So Short? 

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Nate4Drake said:
JRPGfan said:

4 hours 30 mins.... campagne on normal mode.

Almost a hour of that is Cutscenes.

Really?  So Short? 

I clocked in about 7 hours. Joe was playing campaign on normal with someone else to help him out which isn't really fair way to judge the game. If you had two legit people playing you can get the game done a lot faster. He should've finish the game by himself first.

Trunkin said:

Not my favorite Angry Joe Review. I feel he could've cut at least 10 minutes from the runtime. He spent too much time ranting, imo, and not enough time reviewing actual game.

At the end he mentions that there are games with free map packs and no microtransactions. Anyone know what he's talking about?

EDIT: Splatoon?

Not any of the popular games that for sure.

Snoopy said:
Nate4Drake said:

Really?  So Short? 

I clocked in about 7 hours. Joe was playing campaign on normal with someone else to help him out which isn't really fair way to judge the game. If you had two legit people playing you can get the game done a lot faster. He should've finish the game by himself first.

Lol "Other Joe" which is his name, barely knows how to play games, he sucks at them so he didn't help him at all. If anything he probably made his campaign length longer.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
Snoopy said:

Lol "Other Joe" which is his name, barely knows how to play games, he sucks at them so he didn't help him at all. If anything he probably made his campaign length longer.

No, he made it faster. The other AI serves only has a distraction and to revive you pretty much. Having two people with powerful weapons to take out bosses is a lot easier with just one person with one powerful weapon. There is a lot of missions that can be completed faster with 2 people. For example, one of the last mission you have to take out 5 cores so if one person go to one core and while the other one goes to the other core no shit you will beat it faster. Obviously you haven't played the game.