By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction NX will be as powerful as a gaming pc!

So i think tthat the NX will be as powerful as a a gaming pc. I think nintendo will find a way to still make this console powerful and innovative and they should be able to make it around $400. I know you think im crazy but with all the recent rumors and this new one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-VYlwzUS-M it leads me to think that the NX will be as powerful as a gaming pc. Also it make sence for it to be as powerful as a gaming pc. Console gaming is dying if people like it or not and by making it as powerful as a pc the 9th gen can last around 10 years due to the console being so powerful that there is no need to update its power with a new consoel in like 5-6 years. So what do you guys think about my prediction? 

Around the Network

I think there is an official NX thread for things like this now

Also I think this is a wait and see situation. NX as a whole, power-wise, is too ambiguous

"as powerful as a gaming pc"

You do realise that means absolutely nothing right?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Wont happen. if that happen nintendo didnt learn anything from the wii u. nintendo cant afford to make a console above 250.

No way.

Around the Network

Is this a rogue NX thread? Careful there, man. You don't want to wake the NX inquisition up.

And no. It won't be as powerful as a Super PC. It will be a couple of times stronger than a PS4, yes. But if they want to have a Fusion system, they'll need to keep some sort of power parity between Hhandheld and home console, and that's impossible with superPC levels (at least without making the handheld more expensive than 700$).

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

gimme some of that shit mano

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Angelv577 said:

Wont happen. if that bappen nintendo didnt learn anything from the wii u. nintendo cant afford to make a console above 250.

Well lets say they make it $400 and it sell 6 million a year for 10 years that 60 million plus the handheld sells around 8 million for 10 years that 80 million. Thats would mean 140 million for NX as a platform. 

a gaming pc for under 499.- €?

Hunting Season is done...

Zoombael said:
a gaming pc for under 499.- €?

Im sure nintendo will do something that they can make it 400$. Also i think nintendo will lose money during its first year but during the long term they will make a lot of money of the console. From how Iwata left nintendo it seems that they are looking at the long term profits.