By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction NX will be as powerful as a gaming pc!

jason1637 said:
freebs2 said:

Imo. If they want to compete again in specs with Ps4 and Xbox One  they should launch exactly at the same price the ps4 will have by that time. If it's more expensive people will start questioning the value-for-moey too much, if it's more affordable it will be likely percieved as cheap. Actually; I believe the best option for them is to launch at the same price offering slightly better graphics and a powerfull IP in bundle (like Mario Kart).

Pricing for the WiiU is just one of the problems, it's not the main problem.

Well for peopel who cant afford to get the console version can buy the handheld one for around $230 and buy the consoel one later. Also like i said the console cant have slightly better graphics because the wii u has slightly betetr graphics than the ps3 and 360 and looked how that worked for them. Also a good launch game would eb a rpg made by monolith soft to show how powerful the console is.

Well really, the Wii came out one year after the X360 it was sightly better than a Gamecube and we've seen how it turned out... you can't really base these speculation on the past without considering the whole picture. The WiiU came out 6 years after the Ps3 and 7 years after the 360. If Nin keeps things on schedule by end 2016 it will be only 3 years after the ps4, if it comes out in 2017 then yes, it has to be more than just a bit more powerfull.

As for launch title I agree a more "hardcore" game to show the system's capabilities would be great, but not much for bundle. Again,what they did on Wii was the good example: Zelda was a launch title and every fan bought it with the new console anyway, but in bundle they gave a multiplayer game aimed at a wide audience, so everyone (friends/family) had the chance to play it.

Around the Network

Would I buy a Nintendo console "as powerful as a pc" for $400? Yeah, totally. I would even buy it if it was $500. Would the general market buy a Nintendo console so expensive? No way! The most die-hard fans may buy it, but we are like what, 5 million?

Keep in mind that the wii u was $350 and it sold like shit. I get that the system was not powerful enough to make people even consider it as an option, but even if they release a hell of a machine, they would still have the problem with third parties.

I said this on another topic, but I'll say it again. People have lost interest in Nintendo games. Nowadays everything is Assassin Creed, Halo, Uncharted, Call of duty, GTA... people that buy those games look at "the marios" and they laugh so hard, those are games "for kids".

It's a shame honestly. I wouldn't be a gamer if Nintendo was out of the picture, because I couldn't care less for those games I mentioned before. Give me my mario games, zelda games and all the animal crossing you want that I'll be happy, but as we have seen with this gen, wii u sold poorly and to change that it takes time.

What I think Nintendo is going to do is release a console slightly more powerful than the ps4 for $250-300 and release A LOT of games during the first year and a half, and hope to get things better.

"As powerful as a gaming PC" makes no sense considering there are thousands of specs fora gaming PC out there and for $400 you've got no chance either, PS4/X1 couldn't go all the way on that, I doubt Nintendo or the NX will, it didn't bode well for them back when they tried to push power at least twice.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Angelv577 said:
jason1637 said:

well the x1 did 8.5 million last year at 500$-350$. PS4 did around 16 million at $400. Nintendo can easily do 6 million at $400

playstation and xbox have proven that they can get away with a console at that price, not only ps4 and xb1 but ps3 and xb360.  I dont recall a nintendo console reaching those numbers that is above 250.  Also you also suggested selling 6m every year, making it even more harder for nintendo in its second year to keep with that pace assuming a 50 dollars price cut.

Well i think nintendo can get away with a $400 console even if they sell a bare minimum of 6 million.

Also i dont think they would need to drop the price because history has shown that the exclusive games during the second year in a console life are better than its first year. But by its third year then they can cut the price because it would be cheaper to produce the parts for the console by then. even if they cut the price during the end of the second eyar that wont be thta bad ebcause the ps4 just got a price cut.

brb, I need to laugh.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
Kennel83 said:
Would I buy a Nintendo console "as powerful as a pc" for $400? Yeah, totally. I would even buy it if it was $500. Would the general market buy a Nintendo console so expensive? No way! The most die-hard fans may buy it, but we are like what, 5 million?

Keep in mind that the wii u was $350 and it sold like shit. I get that the system was not powerful enough to make people even consider it as an option, but even if they release a hell of a machine, they would still have the problem with third parties.

I said this on another topic, but I'll say it again. People have lost interest in Nintendo games. Nowadays everything is Assassin Creed, Halo, Uncharted, Call of duty, GTA... people that buy those games look at "the marios" and they laugh so hard, those are games "for kids".

It's a shame honestly. I wouldn't be a gamer if Nintendo was out of the picture, because I couldn't care less for those games I mentioned before. Give me my mario games, zelda games and all the animal crossing you want that I'll be happy, but as we have seen with this gen, wii u sold poorly and to change that it takes time.

What I think Nintendo is going to do is release a console slightly more powerful than the ps4 for $250-300 and release A LOT of games during the first year and a half, and hope to get things better.

If it manages to sell around 6 million for 10 years thats 60 million and thats a good number. Also the x1 sold 4 million at $500, so i think if nintendo has a good relationship with third parties and release some good games the console will do well.

The wii u is different because people thought it was a wii, it had lots of drought, lack fo third party, and when it was $350 during 2013 the ps4 and x1 were launching.

Mario kart 8 sold more than 5 million. Smash sold more than 3 million. The only peopel who think marios are for kids are ignorant people and really casual gamers.

If they do that they will be stuck in the same problem with the wiiu.

I actually agree with the concept of having a powerful console if the NX is indeed a platform where all hardware will share a unified library. If that's the case then Nintendo has a golden opportunity to finally stick it to people who keep on complaining about the power of Nintendo consoles by finally going all out with the comfort of knowing that those that find the console price to be too off-putting could just flock to the lower priced handheld model. It wouldn't matter to Nintendo if they only sold 2 million console NX's versus 15-20m handheld NX's in the first year since Nintendo would only care about the total userbase and amount of software sold.

jason1637 said:
JWeinCom said:
I guarantee that it will be more powerful than A gaming PC. Not all of them. Probably not most of them. Definitely not any of the newer ones. But, someone somewhere is gaming on a computer that's weaker than the the NX.

Powerful enough to last 10 years.

If, and that's a big if, the next Nintendo home console is notability more powerful than the PS4 and XB1 it will last until the day the PS4 or next Xbox is launched in terms of it's power, and that sure as hell wont be anywhere close to 10 years.

Also, what's a gaming PC? A PC which can run the average game at 30FPS using the lowest settings?

Chazore said:
"As powerful as a gaming PC" makes no sense considering there are thousands of specs fora gaming PC out there and for $400 you've got no chance either, PS4/X1 couldn't go all the way on that, I doubt Nintendo or the NX will, it didn't bode well for them back when they tried to push power at least twice.

Powerful enough to last 10 years as a CONSOLE.

When they did that with the n64 and gamecube they both had restrictions with card and mini disk. If nintendo can learn from the past and make a powerful console and not mess up it should do well.

poklane said:
jason1637 said:
JWeinCom said:
I guarantee that it will be more powerful than A gaming PC. Not all of them. Probably not most of them. Definitely not any of the newer ones. But, someone somewhere is gaming on a computer that's weaker than the the NX.

Powerful enough to last 10 years.

If, and that's a big if, the next Nintendo home console is notability more powerful than the PS4 and XB1 it will last until the day the PS4 or next Xbox is launched in terms of it's power, and that sure as hell wont be anywhere close to 10 years.

Also, what's a gaming PC? A PC which can run the average game at 30FPS using the lowest settings?

By gaming pc i mean it has the power to be competitive for 10 years.