By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction NX will be as powerful as a gaming pc!

jason1637 said:
Angelv577 said:

Wont happen. if that bappen nintendo didnt learn anything from the wii u. nintendo cant afford to make a console above 250.

Well lets say they make it $400 and it sell 6 million a year for 10 years that 60 million plus the handheld sells around 8 million for 10 years that 80 million. Thats would mean 140 million for NX as a platform. 

dont think nintendo will do it just to see if they can do those numbers at that price.  nintendo shouldnt take those kind of risks when they can be far more profitable with a cheaper console.

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
jason1637 said:

Well lets say they make it $400 and it sell 6 million a year for 10 years that 60 million plus the handheld sells around 8 million for 10 years that 80 million. Thats would mean 140 million for NX as a platform. 

dont think nintendo will do it just to see if they can do those numbers at that price.  nintendo shouldnt take those kind of risks when they can be far more profitable with a cheaper console.

well the x1 did 8.5 million last year at 500$-350$. PS4 did around 16 million at $400. Nintendo can easily do 6 million at $400

I guarantee that it will be more powerful than A gaming PC. Not all of them. Probably not most of them. Definitely not any of the newer ones. But, someone somewhere is gaming on a computer that's weaker than the the NX.

JWeinCom said:
I guarantee that it will be more powerful than A gaming PC. Not all of them. Probably not most of them. Definitely not any of the newer ones. But, someone somewhere is gaming on a computer that's weaker than the the NX.

Powerful enough to last 10 years.

Angelv577 said:

Wont happen. if that happen nintendo didnt learn anything from the wii u. nintendo cant afford to make a console above 250.

Imo. If they want to compete again in specs with Ps4 and Xbox One  they should launch exactly at the same price the ps4 will have by that time. If it's more expensive people will start questioning the value-for-moey too much, if it's more affordable it will be likely percieved as cheap. Actually; I believe the best option for them is to launch at the same price offering slightly better graphics and a powerfull IP in bundle (like Mario Kart).

Pricing for the WiiU is just one of the problems, it's not the main problem.

Around the Network

I don't get this whole "we can only have one NX thread" nonsense. People, you do realize there are a thousand different things that people want to focus the DISCUSSION on relating to the NX, right? A console is NEVER more exciting to talk about than before it is shown off.

Is it so TERRIBLE for one thread to focus on graphics, another on games, another one what it will look like, another on how portable it will be, etc? After it launches we won't get to talk and guess on these things for YEARS like we do right now. Give us a bone here, it's fun! Everyone needs to chill, including moderators (if they truly find a hundred NX threads a terrible thing). People should just be happy they are getting so much visits to their sites to post/read NX threads. If people start getting banned/modded for posting these things they will just leave to go to another site where they believe in freedom of speech and Vgchartz will lose clicks.

Everyone needs to calm down. Loud Noises!

freebs2 said:
Angelv577 said:

Wont happen. if that happen nintendo didnt learn anything from the wii u. nintendo cant afford to make a console above 250.

Imo. If they want to compete again in specs with Ps4 and Xbox One  they should launch exactly at the same price the ps4 will have by that time. If it's more expensive people will start questioning the value-for-moey too much, if it's more affordable it will be likely percieved as cheap. Actually; I believe the best option for them is to launch at the same price offering slightly better graphics and a powerfull IP in bundle (like Mario Kart).

Pricing for the WiiU is just one of the problems, it's not the main problem.

Well for peopel who cant afford to get the console version can buy the handheld one for around $230 and buy the consoel one later. Also like i said the console cant have slightly better graphics because the wii u has slightly betetr graphics than the ps3 and 360 and looked how that worked for them. Also a good launch game would eb a rpg made by monolith soft to show how powerful the console is.

Dulfite said:
I don't get this whole "we can only have one NX thread" nonsense. People, you do realize there are a thousand different things that people want to focus the DISCUSSION on relating to the NX, right? A console is NEVER more exciting to talk about than before it is shown off.

Is it so TERRIBLE for one thread to focus on graphics, another on games, another one what it will look like, another on how portable it will be, etc? After it launches we won't get to talk and guess on these things for YEARS like we do right now. Give us a bone here, it's fun! Everyone needs to chill, including moderators (if they truly find a hundred NX threads a terrible thing). People should just be happy they are getting so much visits to their sites to post/read NX threads. If people start getting banned/modded for posting these things they will just leave to go to another site where they believe in freedom of speech and Vgchartz will lose clicks.

I agree but also i didnt know there was an official nx thread.

jason1637 said:
Dulfite said:

I agree but also i didnt know there was an official nx thread.

It doesn't matter. You bring up new information in a mega thread and it gets lost in the piles of replies/comments about off topic or old topic subjects. You present it in a new thread and people will actually read it and center their replies on it.

jason1637 said:
Angelv577 said:

well the x1 did 8.5 million last year at 500$-350$. PS4 did around 16 million at $400. Nintendo can easily do 6 million at $400

playstation and xbox have proven that they can get away with a console at that price, not only ps4 and xb1 but ps3 and xb360.  I dont recall a nintendo console reaching those numbers that is above 250.  Also you also suggested selling 6m every year, making it even more harder for nintendo in its second year to keep with that pace assuming a 50 dollars price cut.